Homeworld Exiles vs. Federation

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Admiral Griffith
Youngling

Post by Admiral Griffith »

Admiral Griffith wrote:this should probably settle any arguments about fleet size:
http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~homeworld/ ... ota117.jpg

read it and weep :twisted:
Btw, those are ALL Heavy Cruisers, and the pic is from the missions.
It is not well for one to trifle in the affairs of the ancient Chinese generals, for they have a tendency to send armies of tens of thousands of warriors after those who challenge them.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Admiral Griffith
Youngling

Post by Admiral Griffith »

Master of Ossus wrote:
Guardsman Bass wrote:you could probably make the Exiles vs Feds more interesting by having it so that there is a large federation colony on Hiigara when the Exiles arrive.

By the way I have two questions for homeworld people.

First, do the Exiles resemble human beings?

Second, did anybody figure out why they were exiled to Kharak?
The Exiles do resemble humans (ref. when they put the scientist in the computer core), and they were exiled long ago after they lost a huge war with their enemies. They then form a treaty that says that they can never get jump-technology again, but they forgot about the treaty when they built the Mothership. Thus, the other side attacked them when they registered the Mothership as jumping, and destroyed their world.
UH... yeah, they forgot the treaty. Heck, they forgot Hiigara! :D
It is not well for one to trifle in the affairs of the ancient Chinese generals, for they have a tendency to send armies of tens of thousands of warriors after those who challenge them.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Kosh_The_Vorlon
Youngling

Post by Kosh_The_Vorlon »

Another note about fleet size: by the time I beat the game I had over 100 modified Taiidan elite Ion Cannon Frigates, not to mention the MBFs, fighters, and Heavy Caps..
There is no God.
But it does not matter.
Man is enough.
Edna St. Vincent Milay, Conversation at Midnight

There will never be a resolution in the evolution vs creationism debate because neither side can conclusively prove that they are right. The creationists can't prove that they're right becuase they're not, and the evolutionists can't prove that they're right because the creationists are too damn stupid to listen.
HemlockGrey
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Admiral Griffith wrote:
Admiral Griffith wrote:this should probably settle any arguments about fleet size:

Couldn't be, the missions have unit caps turned on by default. It is from a modded version of the game.

However, in the standard game with unit caps off, you could amass a fleet ten times that size, given enough time.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

SirNitram wrote:1) Yes, they resemble humans. We know this, because in the ending you see Karan Sjet's ass.(I'm not kidding)
And a fine one it is, too.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

As for fleet caps I only recall not having enough resources to produce so many warships in the first one. It was Cataclysm that had working unit caps, sicne I stole a lot I had LOTS of working ships and units.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Kosh_The_Vorlon
Youngling

Post by Kosh_The_Vorlon »

Howedar wrote:
Admiral Griffith wrote:

Couldn't be, the missions have unit caps turned on by default. It is from a modded version of the game.

However, in the standard game with unit caps off, you could amass a fleet ten times that size, given enough time.
*coughSalvettescough*
There is no God.
But it does not matter.
Man is enough.
Edna St. Vincent Milay, Conversation at Midnight

There will never be a resolution in the evolution vs creationism debate because neither side can conclusively prove that they are right. The creationists can't prove that they're right becuase they're not, and the evolutionists can't prove that they're right because the creationists are too damn stupid to listen.
HemlockGrey
EMLally
Redshirt

Post by EMLally »

Salvage corvettes were buggering -obscene,- as anyone who played through the Bridge of Sighs mission cheesily will note.

Anyways - remember that scaling in Homeworld is bloody massive. The Kushan Mothership is about sixteen kilometers in height, the various cruisers are about four kilometers in length - so on, so forth. Consider, also, that, even with unit capping, a single-player fleet will max out at three cruisers, six destroyers, eighteen frigates, fifty corvettes and eighty fighters. These fighters are -easily- a match for Peregrines and, in the case of the bombers, likely to be more effective, considering the speed of fire and the use of massed formations.
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Okay Vorlon, conceeded.
phongn wrote:http://screens.relicnews.com/homeworld/ ... zon007.jpg - copy and paste the link.
Hmm, I wonder if thats my Sovereign...
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

phongn wrote:
SirNitram wrote:1) Yes, they resemble humans. We know this, because in the ending you see Karan Sjet's ass.(I'm not kidding)
And a fine one it is, too.
For a chick in command of a massive battlefleet, she keeps her figure slim.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Link?