Just saw Signs

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Darth Wong wrote:No wonder they chose to show how the aliens' Iowa division fared. A movie depicting the Vancouver invasion would have been very short.
The Manhatten Division must have melted away in the opening moments of the invasion.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Jim Raynor
Sith Devotee

Post by Jim Raynor »

Darth Servo wrote: Originally posted by Darth Servo:
And to save one life, 'God' apparently needed to take another. :roll:
Oh, it's even worse than that. Apparently Gibson's wife died just so he'd know to tell Commudus to pick up his damn bat and "swing away." God didn't need to do any of that crap to save the son. I mean, damn, what kind of moron needs to be told year(s) in advance to pick up a weapon and fight? :roll:
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

So we see, the entire movie is just a commentary on how much of a hypocritical bastard the Christian God is!
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Smiling Bandit
Jedi Master

Post by Smiling Bandit »

I don't htink M. Night Schmayalan is Christian. Although I'm not perfectly certain. And he might has still wanted to send the message.
The MST3K treatment can make any movie "enjoyable"
You haven't seem "Manos: the Hands of Fate", have you?
ph3@r the k3oot3 0n3z
I thought this was a capture the b33r mod?!
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Smiling Bandit wrote:
The MST3K treatment can make any movie "enjoyable"
You haven't seem "Manos: the Hands of Fate", have you?
Hence the quotes (""). Even though that film was still a rancid turd, the color commentary provided a vast improvement.
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Death from the Sea wrote:
Drooling Iguana wrote:Had they figured out the alien's weakness to water at that point? Its been a while since I've seen the movie and I only saw it once.
Yes, but he still just kept whacking it with the bat. Luckily, the alien would always happen to fall in such a way that it'd knock one of the little girl's glasses of water onto itself. :roll:
actually no they did not know at that point, when he did realize it was hurting him, he started hitting the glasses and splattering water on the alien. The town vet (the same guy who killed Gibsons wife in the movie who was played by Shamaylan) told Gibson he heard that they didn't like water but gave no reason why.[/quote]

I thought there'd been some sort of new announcement about it? It got interupted when they decided to shift the TV.
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Smiling Bandit wrote:I don't htink M. Night Schmayalan is Christian. Although I'm not perfectly certain. And he might has still wanted to send the message.
According to imdb.com, he went to Catholic school, for the discipline, and he was raised a different religion.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

I also loved the "We can travel vast interstellar distances, but we don't know how a door works."
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Heh, Sam just mentioned the whole water issue on SG-1... :)
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

AHAHAHA

On tonights Stargate, Samantha ranted about the unrealities of Signs. Hahahahaha.

"They travel halfway across the galaxy in a spaceship and you know what they do with their technology? Try to take over the planet. But you know their biggest weakness? Water. I mean, why take over a planet thats surface is 2/3s water? And not to mention the rain."

Hahahahaha. I love it, its so great. :D
Sì! Abbiamo un' anima! Ma è fatta di tanti piccoli robot.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

kojikun wrote:AHAHAHA

On tonights Stargate, Samantha ranted about the unrealities of Signs. Hahahahaha.

"They travel halfway across the galaxy in a spaceship and you know what they do with their technology? Try to take over the planet. But you know their biggest weakness? Water. I mean, why take over a planet thats surface is 2/3s water? And not to mention the rain."

Hahahahaha. I love it, its so great. :D
:cry:

I miss SG1....
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
SilCore Wiki! Come take a look!
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

Hotfoot wrote::cry:

I miss SG1....
You should, it's getting better and beeter. But let us not stray from the topic at hand.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Uh, Koji... I already said that.

But props for fleshing it out. :)

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Uh, Koji... I already said that.

But props for fleshing it out. :)
Oh did you? Well, I sure as hell wasn't going to go through 3 pages of talk and I didnt see anything in the immediately thread relating to SG1, so nyaaah. :p
Iceberg
ASVS Master of Laundry

Post by Iceberg »

Darth Wong wrote:No wonder they chose to show how the aliens' Iowa division fared. A movie depicting the Vancouver invasion would have been very short.
The aliens never heard again from their division assigned to invade Minnesota. They never thought, though, to wonder why...
"Carriers dispense fighters, which dispense assbeatings." - White Haven

| Hyperactive Gundam Pilot of MM | GALE | ASVS | Cleaners | Kibologist (beable) | DFB |
If only one rock and roll song echoes into tomorrow
There won't be anything to keep you from the distant morning glow.
I'm not a man. I just portrayed one for 15 years.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Actually, the weather in Iowa can often be quite humid.

DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Like today, for example. Rained for 18 hours.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.