Matrix Reloaded Discussion [Spoilers, Matrix Reloaded]

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Ender
Emperor's Hand

Matrix Reloaded Discussion [Spoilers, Matrix Reloaded]

Post by Ender »

I just saw the Matrix Reloaded

"I love cursing in french. It's like wiping your ass with silk"

The 1000 Smith battle, the freeway chase, Morpheus vs the Vampires...

HOLY CRAP THAT FUCKING RULED!

It's everything you could want in it. My only complaint is the first 20 mins or so are a bit harder to understand if you hadn't seen the Animatrix (who was that fanboy?), but really, this is the best fucking movie I have seen in a long time. Little bit more sex then the first one, but this is an adult orientated movie. Seriously, it has the symbolism of star wars, the most fitting soundtrack since LOTR, the mindjob plot worthy of the greatest authors ever, 1^1000 times the action of the first one.

My god. I'm still realing from some of the twists and the questins it asked. This ruled. I must see it again.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Didn't it :D ?

Especially the 'talk'.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Ghost Rider wrote:Didn't it :D ?

Especially the 'talk'.
With the Architecht? Hell yes. I'm still pondering some of the questions that raised.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Lord_Xerxes
Jedi Knight

Post by Lord_Xerxes »

Yeah, hit the Sneak Preview at 10 here in Jersey. It was just fucking incredible. I'm definetly gonna see this one several times.
"And as I promised, I said I would read from the bible..." "...And if we could turn our bible to Pslams..."Happy shall he be that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones." (Pslams 137:9) So let me ask you a question? Who is the worst influence, God or Marilyn Manson?" "God!" "And if that's not the best fucking example, God HIMSELF killed his own MOTHER FUCKING SON!"-Marilyn Manson

"Don't fuck with a Jedi Master, son..." -M.H in J.A.S.B.S.B
Achieved ultimate Doom (post 666) on Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:38 pm
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

i was totally hyped about the Matrix:Reloaded, but all of the sudden, I found a gameplay video of Halo 2, and now I'm not so excited about it. *watches again*
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Ender wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:Didn't it :D ?

Especially the 'talk'.
With the Architecht? Hell yes. I'm still pondering some of the questions that raised.
Damn nasty stuff implicated as well.

Seriously I gained new respect about what their world was...seriously fucked up.

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Omega-13
Racist Donkey-Raping Son of a Whore

Post by Omega-13 »

did agent smith have an important role? was he a good villian?
derek_m_p@hotmail.com

I'm a useless pile of subhuman racist filth who attacked Darth Wong's heritage and accused him of abusing his wife and children!

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 99#1688299
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Omega-13 wrote:did agent smith have an important role? was he a good villian?
One that is a tad hard to explain without spoilers.

But yes on both counts for the most part.

Omega-13
Racist Donkey-Raping Son of a Whore

Post by Omega-13 »

I'm actually not that hyped about the film for this reason

In the first film, the agents were like the gate keepers, now it looks like the whole bunch of them can take 5 on at a time, which is stupid,
the agents have gone from 'we kick ass and can kill you' to red shirts
derek_m_p@hotmail.com

I'm a useless pile of subhuman racist filth who attacked Darth Wong's heritage and accused him of abusing his wife and children!

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 99#1688299
Damaramu
Jedi Master

Post by Damaramu »

Just got back from a 10pm showing....wow!

Such a cool movie....I will definitely be seeing this one again a few more times! :shock:
Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

Omega-13 wrote:I'm actually not that hyped about the film for this reason

In the first film, the agents were like the gate keepers, now it looks like the whole bunch of them can take 5 on at a time, which is stupid,
the agents have gone from 'we kick ass and can kill you' to red shirts
Actaully that was something I watched for and no one but Neo won against a agent.
Village Idiot: "Or why one person opinion's of another person doesn't mean squat in the large scheme of things"

"You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because your all the same."

"A Eater of the Sacred Cow"

"Mother Fucking Team Wrecker"
Yogi
Jedi Council Member

Post by Yogi »

The cast did a bit better against the Agents than before. Perhaps it was Agent Smith that was particularly tough, or they gained some confidence with Neo on their side. However, Agents still kick ass.

The Fanboy is from the Animatrix short "Kid's Story"

I'll need to watch it again to try to catch the conversation with the Architect again.
I am capable of rearranging the fundamental building blocks of the universe in under six seconds. I shelve physics texts under "Fiction" in my personal library! I am grasping the reigns of the universe's carriage, and every morning get up and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware!

-- Vaarsuvius, from Order of the Stick
Striderteen
Padawan Learner

Post by Striderteen »

The others can *fight* Agents, but only Neo can *beat* them.
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Re: I just saw the matrix reloaded

Post by Darksider »

Ender wrote: Little bit more sex then the first one, but this is an adult orientated movie.
This may present a problem for me. As i have not yet turned 18 I have to go see this movie with a family member (I don't have any freinds that are over 18)
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

I haven't seen it. But from the trailer of the agents shooting at Neo, why don't they just upload a handheld laser? (they were in the animatrix weren't they?) and burn him to death.

And why aren't they reacting in the millisecond range?
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

A couple observations:

Harry Knowles is a retard (see his review of the film to know what I mean). Despite what he says, we definitely haven't seen the last of Zion; Kid is still there, for one, and I doubt they'll make a character they devoted a whole animated short into a disposable one, and we see footage of some of the Zionists, including that poor commander who seems to be the only competent military man in Zion, in the Revolutions trailer (which Knowles clearly did not watch).

What the hell are the Zionists doing have fucking orgies on a night when they should be preparing for the biggest fucking battle of their lives? I would expect to see a considerably more militaristic society, given their situation, rather than a bunch of goddamn hippies. The Rebel Alliance would be training or getting their equipment in gear.

I like how the prophecy repeats itself; the original One that Morpheus spoke of is obviously the fifth Neo who chose to free some humans and rebuild Zion. The fact that the Matrix is so old calls both of the Second Renaissance shorts into question, in my opinion. The machines likely have control over what information is sent to Zion; of course they're going to send/produce information presenting a favorable history of their race (we certainly would). Perhaps to weaken the resolve of the humans, perhaps simply as copies of propaganda produced to sway the minds of the more humanitarian AIs. In any case, I don't trust them anymore.

I think things will only get better for the humans from here; Neo can apparently stop the machines outside the Matrix now, and things reached a level a desperation in this film not seen since ESB, so I don't see how things can get any worse.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Durran Korr wrote: Harry Knowles is a retard
I've known that for years.
Neo can apparently stop the machines outside the Matrix now,
Uhhh why?
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Uhhh why?
Didn't you see the end of the movie? Neo puts out his hand and the sentinels in pursuit stop instantly. It is possible that that was an EMP shockwave coming from Cpt. Niobe's ship, but an EMP wouldn't make Neo pass out. Unless Neo is part machine now...questions, questions...

Just kidding about that last part.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Durran Korr wrote:
Uhhh why?
Didn't you see the end of the movie? Neo puts out his hand and the sentinels in pursuit stop instantly. It is possible that that was an EMP shockwave coming from Cpt. Niobe's ship, but an EMP wouldn't make Neo pass out. Unless Neo is part machine now...questions, questions...

Just kidding about that last part.
I haven't seen the film, I'm only on this thread as a moderator.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Just saw it last night with friends

Very cool, one of them is now convinced that any movie can be made better by whacking Agent Smith into a building.

the Failed agents were also fun.

Only complaints I have about the movie was that most of the cool mind-fuck stuff didn't happen until almost the end.

And there are only so many 360 rotations a guy can take.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
xcountryman03
Redshirt

Post by xcountryman03 »

Man all i gotta say is that this movie made all of the main characters look extremely badass (tho smith is now my favorite) I was confused by a lot of this movie, tho that'll probably go away after i see this a few more times and after i see the next one. The whole talk about choice with the architect i'll definatly watch again. All and all, excellent movie.

Oh and what was with that guy that wanted to kill Neo (the one outside the matrix)
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

This movie certainly raised a lot more questions than answers; Why could Neo stop the Machines out side of the Matrix? Which leads us back to the original question; what is the Matrix? And the answer; the Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Very intriguing. Although, it is possible that Neo did not infact have anything to do with stopping the machines. Remember the other ship wasn't too far behind, they could have just EMP'ed the area, making it (coincidently) look like Neo affected the sentinels, when in fact he didn't.

There are even more questions, remember that this is just another layer of control.

Also, how much does the council know? Why did the councilor take great pains in pointing out that without the machines Zion wouldn't survive? If the architect is telling the truth, then do the council members already know Zion's eventual fate? Is that why they were so willing to indulge Morpheus in his personal war? Because they too believed/knew that Neo was meant to make that choice in the end, to choose the next generation for Zion?

Interesting eh?
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Crown wrote:Also, how much does the council know? Why did the councilor take great pains in pointing out that without the machines Zion wouldn't survive? If the architect is telling the truth, then do the council members already know Zion's eventual fate? Is that why they were so willing to indulge Morpheus in his personal war? Because they too believed/knew that Neo was meant to make that choice in the end, to choose the next generation for Zion?

Interesting eh?
Now that is a damn frightening thought especially considering what the whole context of what he's supposed to be.

Damn depressing really.

Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

xcountryman03 wrote:Oh and what was with that guy that wanted to kill Neo (the one outside the matrix)
If a person can 'upload' his personality into the Matrix, then 'download' himself back down again, then when Agent Smith 'download/overode' that person's personality with his own, he downloaded himself into that person. In short, that person is Agent Smith in a human body.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Ghost Rider wrote:Now that is a damn frightening thought especially considering what the whole context of what he's supposed to be.

Damn depressing really.
Indeed. However that is just one possibility.