What SCI-FI world would you want to live in and why?

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

Post by TrailerParkJawa »

Thanks for all the responses. Someone asked if there were any rules to this question. I didnt really think about a set of rules, but just about where I would like to be.

So, the question is open ended for you. If you think you are capable of commanding an ISD then thats what you get to be. For me personally, Id pretty much be the person I am now, just in my universerse of choice. Mabye with a few heroic qualities thrown in. :wink:
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Hmmmm.... On the one hand, I really want to be a Jedi Knight. Lightsabers rule. On the other hand, it would be cool to be a character in Baldur's Gate II (if that is sci-fi). I also really like Babylon 5. I want to be a security member, or maybe a command officer or a telepath. THAT would rule.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member
Location: Either ISD Nemesis, DSD Demeter or outside Coronet, Corellia, take your pick

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

I think I would want to live in SW, on Corellia. Coruscant is way too much like New York City. Corellia is a nice planet with lots of greeny pasture land, kinda like what I'm used to anyway. I'd want to live either way way before the Clone Wars or way way after the Galactic Civil War, by a margin of centuries at least. However, ST is nice...Risa :wink: And of course there are those Bereserker Spheres with those "goodlife" chicks :D
::sig removed because it STILL offended Kelly. Hey, it's not my fault that I thing Wedge is a::

Kelly: SHUT UP ALREADY!
HRogge
Jedi Master

Post by HRogge »

The 5th Empire ( Weber ) might be a nice place too. It's an interesting place, nearly all tech-knowledge is public, everyone gets "enhancements" that give you a couple of centuries experience and they have a nice fleet...
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

You can also get a Marilyn Monroe bot in Futurama. There would be a universe to live in. :lol:
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
CNS Sarajevo
Youngling

Post by CNS Sarajevo »

Farscape. Make me an a** kicking mercenary, or give me a Prowler and turn me loose!
I love the smell of BDZ in the morning.

"If the battle cannot be won without me, then I will be brought on deck."