(RAR!) A new streaming series that Dominates the AH fandom's attention

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Zor
Sith Acolyte

(RAR!) A new streaming series that Dominates the AH fandom's attention

Post by Zor »

In this scenario, you go online and notice a link to a video from a major streaming service. You look at the title and are surprised by this and click it. The video shows big budget production and is set in 1942. It starts with two Italian soldiers (we'll call them Stefano and Michele) sitting at a coastal base in Sicily, Michele of which complains to the other that it's boring here. The Stefano replies that may be boring here but at least they're not the Eastern Front, which cuts to a scene of Nazis and Soviets soldiers and tanks fighting in a city. It then cuts back to Sicily where Michele replies. "Yeah, things could always be worse."

Then Stepano notices something on the Horizon. Then we cut to an image of redcoats and people in late 18th century garb walking onto a saling ship. We cut back to him as he calls for Michele and gets out his binoculars. Another image appears showing an old fashioned globe with lines going from Virginia, the Calorinas and Georgia to Capetown where a red spot begins. There are a few more cuts between Sicily and other images of the past including men with strange flintlock rifles, a timelapse of a strange city growing from the wilderness, weird steampunk cars with smokestacks and airships, a couple shots of a red tide pushing north up through africa and men in chains, as well as Stefano and Michele getting more and more panicked at what they see and run to raise the alarm. We then pull back to see what's coming: a vast fleet of planes including fast fighters and heavy six engine transports which begin to discorge paratroopers over the island.

We then cut back to the Eastern front where a Nazi advance is stopped when another tank crashes through the walls. But it's no KV or T-34. Nor is it a Panzer, nor a Sherman, Churchill or even a Che-Ha. It is however a sizable tank with a formidable gun which one shots a Panzer IV and on it's front is painted this symbol...

And then we cut to a German soldier making a fast retreat who yells out in warning and panic one word...

"DRAKAS!"

This cuts to the title of the series: The Domination. Based on the work of SM Stirling. It's coming out in four months. There's online material including a website with some information on the timeline of the Domination of the Draka as part of it's marketing campaign.

Over which is is played a remix of Depeche Mode's Master and Servant.

What would your response to such a development?

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
madd0c0t0r2
Padawan Learner

Re: (RAR!) A new streaming series that Dominates the AH fandom's attention

Post by madd0c0t0r2 »

Indifference. I have zero streaming services, and don't have time to watch either
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

I shrug, and go back to barely watching TV as it is.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

I watch it? I have no special hate for SM Stirling. He was quite courteous when he came here, and while the timeline he presents is implausible in places, he has also explicitly had it be "one of the worst of a functional infinity of timeslines" and posted that inevitably the Draka are going to get wrecked when the Samothracians arrive in force.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth