Soliciting advice for my eight-way sci-fi crossover fanfiction

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Saberian Dream
Redshirt

Soliciting advice for my eight-way sci-fi crossover fanfiction

Post by Saberian Dream »

Sorry if this is the wrong section, but given that it does include a lot of space battles, it's going to be inevitable comparing technology within the verse will feature. I didn't know where else to put this. Apologies.

The verses this will include are Star Trek (anything made prior to 2001, and yet it ties into my First Contact/Voyager rewrite), Star Wars Legends, Halo, StarCraft, Babylon 5 (I just finished that verse), Stargate (need to start it), Warhammer 40,000 (time of the Great Crusade), and ReBoot.

While some allowances are naturally to be because of plot, I was still greatly inspired by The Rift Saga several years ago by Noble Ire, as it actually seemed the most grounded fanfiction I've seen around that is centered to VS while not making that its clear agenda. I'm not just into the VS here, but also the world-building and the sci-fi aspects. I have begun charting out the structure and earliest history of the multiverse in this story, dubbed The Star Chronicles, with a heavy emphasis on continuity and details. I WANT things to make sense.

That said, so far I only have a beginning and the end planned, and the Part 1 summary is almost done. I've also written up the start to a timeline of events to help me for greater focus and clarity (in which some of the stuff listed there won't even feature in the story so not to bog it down), and there are many ideas I am considering especially from a world-building perspective.

But I need help. That's why I'm coming here. Anyone want to help?
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Re: Soliciting advice for my eight-way sci-fi crossover fanfiction

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

I have approved this one.
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
KraytKing
Jedi Knight

Post by KraytKing »

This sounds fucking awesome. I can't promise that I'll be available, and my technical knowledge is limited to Star Wars out of those listed, but I am absolutely willing to help how I can. I do consider myself something of a writer, so I can help on the non-technical aspects.
If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.
--Mace

The Old Testament has as much validity for the foundation of a religion as the pattern my recent case of insect bites formed on my ass.
--Solauren

I always get nervous when I hear the word Christian.
--Mountain

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

I'm really good with B5 stuff. Also the Corps is Mother, the Corps is Father.
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Saberian Dream
Redshirt

Post by Saberian Dream »

Well, want me to share my ideas so far?
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Alyrium Denryle wrote: 2019-10-04 12:26pm I'm really good with B5 stuff. Also the Corps is Mother, the Corps is Father.
So you're going to do the same thing with Saberian that you did with me, eh? :P
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Saberian Dream
Redshirt

Post by Saberian Dream »

I also wanna clarify, that this eight-way crossover will be NOTHING like my anime fics. I want this to be mostly serious, if sometimes humorous and awesome, speculative fiction.

I have the summary for Part 1 mostly done, and the timeline is still a work in progress. Guys wanna read those? Also, I can share my draft ideas too.
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Steve wrote: 2019-10-05 10:20am
Alyrium Denryle wrote: 2019-10-04 12:26pm I'm really good with B5 stuff. Also the Corps is Mother, the Corps is Father.
So you're going to do the same thing with Saberian that you did with me, eh? :P
Always

I also wanna clarify, that this eight-way crossover will be NOTHING like my anime fics. I want this to be mostly serious, if sometimes humorous and awesome, speculative fiction.

I have the summary for Part 1 mostly done, and the timeline is still a work in progress. Guys wanna read those? Also, I can share my draft ideas too.
Sure!

Saberian Dream
Redshirt

Post by Saberian Dream »

Here is the summary for Part 1 so far.
WHEN THIS IS SET
STAR TREK — During "In the Pale Moonlight"
BABYLON 5 — Right after "War Without End"
HALO — During Halo: Combat Evolved
STARCRAFT — Right before "Wings of Liberty"
STAR WARS LEGENDS — During Young Jedi Knights/Episode VI
STARGATE — Sometime before Season 4
REBOOT — During "Daemon Rising"
WARHAMMER 40,000 — During the Great Crusade

SMALL SCENES TO ADD

-Show Luke meditating with Kosh now in his mind.
-Show Kerrigan talking to Palpatine offering a galaxy to conquer.
-Show Clark and the Psi Corps charting out other universes.

PARTS TO THE STORY

Part 1: Initial Introductions
Part 2: Brief Period of Stability
Part ?: Time Shenanigans
Part ?: Zerg Overworld Rampage
Part ?: Warp Overload
Part ?:
Part ?:

SUMMARY

During the Dominion War, not long after Operation Return, the Enterprise-E is reassigned to Mars by Starfleet Command to have Captain Picard examine an old relic which turns out to actually be a Quantum Mirror next to a Stargate, the first of its kind that was ever discovered. Picard asks why. They answer how the Federation Science Council recently agreed to have a region of Mars excavated which had signs of previous habitation. They uncovered some old ruins. However, somebody on the team broke in, and tried to access it without orders. The intruder swiftly vanished after accidentally activating the Quantum Mirror. It's revealed to be Vash, Picard's old flame. He realizes this still doesn't answer his question, and so they feed him a line about being a renowned archaeologist, and having the command level experience to go with that being a valuable asset, but in truth, it's because there are rumors of a Dominion battle fleet in the area, ever since Betazed was conquered, as they effectively want Picard's Enterprise-E to "show the flag." And given it was Vash who had been the only apparent casualty, Starfleet Command knew he would be tempted to stay. Captain Picard is annoyed that the Enterprise has been sidelined from the front lines for political purposes, and just how well the admiralty had played him, but at the same time, nevertheless relishes the chance for an amusing diversion along the lines of the missions he had undertaken aboard the Enterprise-D, musing how, not long ago, he had been an explorer, and not the soldier which he was now. Wasting no time, and examining the device, Picard speculates it could be a device from the Tkon Empire, or the ancient humanoids who'd seeded the galaxy with DNA fragments, though he eventually grows closer to realizing it seems to function similarly to the Iconian Gateways.

After puzzling over how the gateway mechanism works and deducing that it leads into parallel universes, Picard feels highly confident about what happened, and thus he reports back to Starfleet, who confer, and agree to let him pass through to try and recover Vash and the missing data she stole which contained all of their archaeological research, but with a set time limit, remembering the Dominion, and just Picard given how he is a talented mediator experienced with first contact situations. After that Starfleet will blow it up. Once he heads through the Stargate he ends up on Mars, part of the Earth Alliance, and is soon rounded up and seized by President Clark's security agents for asking all the wrong questions. Brought into the local Nightwatch chapter stationed on Mars he is then cross-examined by William, one of Clark's top interrogators, but he can't get the job done and thus it's turned over to the Psi Corps alongside Bester as they quickly figure out together just where exactly he comes from, which is ground-breaking news. Clark's administration had found a Stargate, but didn't know how to activate it, thinking it to be similar to a jumpgate, which is the wrong approach. With this news, however, plans are made to start sending their own expedition through the Stargate and begin charting other possible realities. They also plan to have Picard reprogrammed by Psi Corps to return as a sleeper agent which fails to happen as Picard is freed when the Mars Resistance risks their lives to retrieve him from Earthforce.

Picard is brought before the man who only identifies himself as Number Two. Picard wants to know where he has been brought, and that is when the Martian leader, Number One, puts in her appearance. As he speaks, Picard muses silently about how he is talking to another Number One. She explains how they learned about Picard, where he is from, and where he was held in order to liberate him. Picard wants to know why. Number One wants confirmation that Captain Picard comes from another Earth that is free from Clark's rule. Picard confirms that. Number One wishes to petition the Federation in helping them out with Martian independence. Captain Picard falls back on the Prime Directive until Number One outlines the stakes, that unless they stop Clark now, Clark will begin expanding out into other realities, and they are not the only ones to fret about, like the war against the forces of the Shadows being waged right now. Helping them now helps himself. Picard brings up the Dominion War as well to which Number One points Picard in the direction of John Sheridan of Babylon 5. Picard finally promises that, if he is returned to the Stargate, he will bring that before the Federation Council, yet can't promise anything. Number One has Number Two and a few Martian rebels sent, too. A lot of Martians die in order to get him through the Stargate, but it is done, only an hour before the week he'd been given expired, and they detonated the Stargate. Starfleet is wary of the newcomers, but as they learn they hail from another reality and what they had said about new allies, this gets Picard a shuttle back to Earth, for he learns that in his absence, the Romulans have now joined the war on the Dominion's side, and the Federation doesn't know how much longer they can sustain their efforts.

It turns out news of Captain Sisko's deception to lure the Romulans into the Dominion War had been leaked to the quadrant, by who, the admiralty doesn't actually know, but it prompted the Romulans to side with the Dominion against the Federation and Klingons. Sisko himself was busted in rank from a captain back to a commander and given a formal reprimand on his record, though to do anything harsher would run the risk of losing Bajor forever in a war they can't lose given how important the wormhole is to the war effort. In any case, as soon as Picard gives his report as Number Two presents the Mars Resistance's petition, the Federation President, the admirals of Starfleet Command, and the Federation Council all debate, and come to a conclusion; they need new allies, which had been Captain Sisko's original plan, and why Starfleet Command gave it their blessing, and after a big speech from Picard on sticking to their principles to win the Dominion War, through proper humanitarian assistance, and not deception, they ultimately do approve Number Two's appeal and after a rushed series of conferences among the upper echelons of Starfleet, it is decided that Picard, as the one with the most contact and tactical experience with that world, will be the one to head back with a small task force under his command so that it's covert enough for Starfleet not to take the blame like last time if things go wrong, and yet tiny enough not to take away from the war efforts. It becomes evident to Picard Starfleet is actually only gambling on this given how much the war has forced their hand to the point that they rushed through Operation Ally with barely any red tape and they see this as a last shot before defeat and likely a one-way trip for the task force, but they literally have nothing to lose.

Through this whole process, it is made clear that since the Stargate functioned like a contained wormhole they could modulate the Bajoran Wormhole to operate to a similar fashion, though it is, of course, very much hypothetical, but they have no time left. Picard will lead the task force with the Enterprise-E. Once the scientific calculations are at least at a safe estimate, Picard is granted thirty ships to journey through to this alternate universe. While they travel through, DS9 blanks outs its scanners so no sensor records could be kept and restricts all incoming traffic. After they head through Kerrigan, who was initially responsible for leaking the information to the quadrant, returns after attending to her mission cultivating her Overworld Brood-Mothers elsewhere to find to her great anger how the Federation had learned about the Stargates while she was away, and blames herself for being careless. She knows what to do, however, and decides to accelerate her plans, heading into the Stargate again. Meanwhile, Picard's ships make it through, but end up completely off course, as scanners pick up signs of large discharges of energy going off close by. It turns out they exited from a wandering quantum singularity, and out there, surrounding Reach, the Covenant fleet begins glassing the planet.

Picking up strange energy signals, a Covenant task force is dispatched to investigate the matter, thinking it might be human reinforcements. The Covenant are quite intrigued to the designs of the new mysterious ships, which appear organic and resemble their own designs more than the boxy structures of UNSC vessels. The Prophet in charge who'd sent the small task force to investigate feels they might be a new alien race to induct into the Covenant. While all this is going on, Data and Geordi scan about and come to the conclusion the quantum singularity is past their sensor range, or must have dissipated. Either way, the Covenant ships approach and attempt communications. Despite differences with technology, once a link is set up, the Covenant instantly learn they are humans, and prepare to kill them, much to Picard's utter shock at such a harsh retribution. It soon is made clear while the Federation holds an edge in disrupting Covenant shields by means of their energy weapons the Covenant retain the final advantage in raw firepower and numbers with many more Covenant ships breaking off the glassing above Reach to head towards the energy weapons fire, with their star charts having verified they are in the proper galaxy, but the incorrect time frame due to their chronometric readings, and confronted by a new and unknown alien technology making it difficult to precisely modulate the shields to ward off without knowing the mechanical principles, marooned within a hostile solar system, with their only means of escape back through the wormhole cut off, and their allies and only possible human backup, the Pillar of Autumn fleeing outsystem, to the first Halo ring, things appear more bleak than ever and it almost starts to seems that Starfleet's last resort had been a fool's errand after all even as the order to withdraw is given.

Having to improvise madly, Picard conjures up a desperate scheme. Head to the star, and perform a geodesic fold, attempting to apply the Stargate technology here to cross through time and not merely space. Data and Geordi both point out how that's extremely dangerous, since geodesic principles were never tested in trial runs as to whether or not they can bridge the temporal plane, too, much less with a whole fleet. Yet they have no choice, and so, Data begins using his positronic brain to prepare the needed equations for the task force's use of metaphasic shielding. Along the way, they draw even more Covenant ships, which keep breaking off the glassing of Reach to join the battle, even as the Federation races for the Epsilon Eridani star, losing many of their ships in the process of defending themselves, and finally, a military decision is reached by the captains that a few of them have to stay behind here in order to make sure the rest have time to escape since the only ships able to perform a geodesic fold are the ones with sufficient technology. Picard gives them their final orders, to head to the Earth of this period, reasoning maybe they can find reinforcements or answers back home. Those staying behind break off from the Epsilon Eridani star, and away into the void of space, preparing for warp speed, while the majority of the fleet, under the direction of the Enterprise-E, plunge deep into the star as the Covenant also split their forces and head off in hot pursuit after the fleeing ships. With the data relayed to the ships in the fleet, they make their journey in.

The Covenant commander in charge of the armada is briefly confused as to why it appears their fleet is acting as if they plan to head into the sun, and then, soon realizes, they are! He decides the best course now is to ensure they do, so they burn up, but then the geodesic fold opens up and the Covenant shiplord is briefly worried by this apparent ability to control stars, but sticks to that course of action, following them into the geodesic fold, fully prepared to die in battle as a warrior, and serve the gods as well as the Hierarchs. Passing through the fold is harrying, especially when one of the Federation task force ships can't sustain the vast rigors of maintaining the metaphasic shielding, an Intrepid vessel, and is melted out of reality. Meanwhile, the Covenant fare, if anything, even worse as only a few just barely hang on while applying Slipspace technology through the fold and going so far as disrupting the passage between realities from weapons fire, almost undoing the whole space-time matrix, and it is only due primarily to being caught in the wake of the Starfleet vehicles as they traverse the fold that the Covenant ships even survive at all, but in the end, the rift opens up as Captain Picard's fleet alongside the remaining pursuing enemy ships spill out into a new universe. They have arrived in the Kinrath Galaxy, though swiftly have no time to even check star charts while the Covenant press the attack, forcing Picard's fleet to engage them.

Luckily, the transit through the geodesic fold has not only sufficiently weakened the Covenant ships, but it has also left them few in number for the Federation fleet to pick off, though they suffer heavy casualties in the process. Of the twenty ships that made it through they are then reduced down to only eleven and it is merely, in the end, the Starfleet ships having superior maneuverability in evading the plasma weapons which allows them to triumph. Star charts are checked again, and they discover how not only are they not in their proper destination, they are no longer even in the same galaxy, and have been thrown three billion years into their own past, and on the other end of the universe. Geordi and Data explain that given how greatly the fold had been disrupted in transit while being besieged by unknown vessels and having thrown in the fact such was an experimental procedure, it is a miracle they made it through, at all. They also advise against trying it again, because one ship was lost. They doubt they could maintain the metaphasic shields a second time. However, it is not long before they end up confronted by an entirely new problem, as a New Republican fleet, led under Admiral Ackbar and expecting trouble from the self-styled Second Imperium, is drawn to the energy of their weapons fire, and immediately orders the Federation task force to stand down. Captain Picard hails the Republic ships and explains the situation. Admiral Ackbar is skeptical by his tale of them all being otherworldly and extradimensional time travelers but allows a conference to discuss it in greater detail. While Ackbar has no intention to shuttle over Picard offers to nevertheless meet him aboard his ship, which allows him to confirm his story by beaming over. At the same time, not far away, Luke senses a disturbance in the Force, and sets out in search of it.

Picard, meeting with Ackbar aboard the New Republic ship, explains it all to him, as they seem to be trapped in this galaxy three billion years out of time. During this meeting, it is brought up how the ships of this galaxy have far more advanced shielding technology, learned from the sensor scans conducted by Data and Geordi, as Captain Picard formally requests their assistance in helping them return to where they need to be. Admiral Ackbar informs him that it's a matter best left suited to the New Republic's government body, and a decision is made to escort the armada there, which is met with awkwardness when it is revealed how much faster the ships in this galaxy are. Thus Admiral Ackbar offers to tow Captain Picard's task force to Coruscant using their tractor beams, and he agrees to Ackbar's terms. Once they arrive, Picard presents his petition to the New Republic Senate, where he is met with opposition, especially from the Bothan delegation, led by Borsk Fey'lya, who raises reasonable objections that the procedure looks much too unstable, and even when Data uses scientific data to try to convince them, it is clear that they will be refused this, until Master Luke walks in and sways the councilors to his side. Having been listening from afar, he now pledges the New Jedi Order to the assistance of these travelers and that pretty much guarantees that the vote is passed.

As a result of the vote being passed the New Republic Senate leases a New Republic task force comprised of fourteen ships specifically under the jurisdiction of the Jedi in a similar function to how the Jedi Masters were generals in the Grand Army of the Republic to work with Picard's fleet. Luke also brings along his apprentices, feeling that it will be good field experience for when they finally take on the Shadow Academy. As Luke is nominally in command of the allied fleet, Admiral Ackbar is still given charge over fleet operations for the New Republic portion to their task force, much to his chagrin, since he'd rather be tracking down the Imperial holdouts than in chasing fairy tales. Data, operating alongside some of the technical droids in the allied armada in terms of explaining the principles of geodesic folding and how they can improvise a way to traverse a geodesic fold safely since most of Picard's armada had been heavily damaged, is then jury-rigged on a makeshift central computer mainframe of all the ships in order to oversee their transition smoothly by coordinating their alien technology more efficiently towards a single cohesive whole. The fleet then heads into a nearby star and manage to traverse it better than before, traveling to the proper destination as all of them finally arrive in the proper destination and unfortunately, they pick up energy discharges, and find themselves in the Battle of Sector 83 between the League of Non-Aligned Worlds and the Shadows.

Luke and his Jedi pupils instantly sense how the Shadows are beings stained by darkness, so feel confident which side to help, and Admiral Ackbar just shrugs his shoulders carelessly, letting the Jedi tend to the metaphysics, despite the complete tactically idiotic decision to run into a fleet battle they know nothing about. The New Republic and Starfleet engage the Shadows, much to Sheridan's surprise, and coordinates the fleet to not engage them, let them assist. The battle turns so suddenly and unexpectedly that few League ships are lost as soon, the Shadows are fleeing, the Jedi's Force powers proving to be too overwhelming for them to handle, touched as they are from light. Captain Sheridan feels quite uncertain, wondering if, perhaps, these might be new First Ones, while Delenn is likewise feeling puzzled with their suddenly mysterious arrival, until Captain Picard hails all their ships and explains everything that is going on. Sheridan, Ackbar, Picard, and Luke all confer until it is finally agreed upon the newcomers will follow them back to Babylon 5, which is just what they do.

At this point, having already received reports on the fall of Reach, the UNSC receives worsening news as a Covenant armada emerges out of Slipspace, pursuing two little ships that are all that remains of Captain Picard's task force. Fleet Admiral Hood is alerted to this but is also told how effective the ODPs had performed at Reach. However, a lot of the ODPs, or Orbital Defense Platforms, haven't been brought online and it will take a full month to get all 300 operational. Immediately the UNSC Home Fleet is mobilized to intercept the Covenant forces. That is when things take a turn, as the Federation ships start broadcasting a general distress signal on a frequency wave that while different from their own still gets Fleet Admiral Hood to realize humans are aboard those ships and they must have been fleeing the Covenant. Sending out a general standing order not to fire on the foreign vessels till they do first, Hood has the 50 operational ODPs brought online so far deployed, and with help from the remnants of the bedraggled task force, being reduced to one last ship, the UNSC is able to fend off the Covenant attack and has wiped out the armada so that no signal could be sent out alerting their comrades where Earth is. Having briefly delayed the inevitable, Hood's attention thus turns to the mysterious human ship.

With an entire interdimensional fleet now orbiting the station, Captain Sheridan takes Captain Picard, Admiral Ackbar, and Luke into his office to discuss their situation. Garibaldi is also present, his inborn suspicion naturally playing well off of the three present. Luke senses a presence within Sheridan's mind and upon discussion it's soon become clear that a piece of Kosh's consciousness is imbedded within Sheridan's psyche. Sheridan is a bit conflicted and wonders if something could be done for him, because as much as he likes Kosh, he won't have him living in his head. Luke offers to take him, for the moment, sensing Kosh is merely afraid to let go and deciding to show compassion. Sheridan agrees and once Luke has him, Luke repeats one of Kosh's sayings. Of course, the discussion inevitably turns to the new arrivals. Sheridan feels as if they are a godsend to all of their troubles given how easily the Jedi repelled the Shadows. He also discovers they aren't telepaths like the Psi Corps and just what the Force is, which leaves Garibaldi feeling skeptical. As the conversation proceeds, and Sheridan learns the Federation Council granted the Mars Resistance's petition for assistance in deposing Clark, Sheridan decides to make a promise that once the Shadows have been beaten and Clark is brought to justice, he will rally as much support as he can to get the Federation their help, that they owe them for coming out of nowhere and helping them out, even though that wasn't part of their war. Sheridan thinks that shows real character. They all agree to head back to their respective ships and try and get some rest and then convene in the morning at the War Room to decide a new general war strategy.

Meanwhile, back in Captain Picard's home reality, an Imperial fleet arrives deep in Borg territory and are assaulted by hundreds of cubes, witnessed by the Voyager Fleet, but they destroy all of the Borg under the command of Vader's Executor and Death Squadron. However, they soon learn it is not simple to reform the wormhole as thought, and like with Picard's fleet, they passed out of a wandering quantum singularity that vanished off their scanners. Vader finally comes to the conclusion that the Emperor's new "ally" had planned for this all along as Kerrigan was the one who had traveled to the Kinrath galaxy in the past, where the Empire still ruled, and had offered Palpatine a power to breach the hyperspace barrier on the edge of the galaxy and conquer other ones. Cursing the Emperor Vader has his men send out probe droids to chart local space, so that they can have a clear escape route, as it becomes clear the Borg will just keep adapting to them. As Kerrigan had plotted once they recover information taken from the neural processor of dead Borg drones brought on board for examination, Vader decides once the hyperspace route has been charted to plunge deeper into the galaxy to seek out this "United Federation of Planets" since it becomes clear they will have the necessary knowledge to help them return home. Though Vader is quite aware this is probably what Kerrigan wants, he decides to spring the trap.

Long before the meeting in the War Room, during night on Babylon 5, urgent news comes in. It seems the Shadows are withdrawing from all the areas they control and have even fled Z'ha'dum, much to the total shock of all. The League Council members are overjoyed, praising the new arrivals as saviors and heroes for their efforts, but this also leaves Sheridan and Delenn bewildered, feeling the war could not be won this easily, only from one engagement, and Delenn backs that up, given at the end of the last Shadow War it required the Minbari and the Vorlons to destroy most of their fleet. They all agree this is very suspicious and there is probably more here than meets the eye. But for now, they will proceed as if they have won until they have new information. This gets shoved to the side, however, when Luke encounters Ulkesh in the hall, and Ulkesh can sense Kosh in Luke, and demands him back. Both Luke and Kosh refuse this, and when Ulkesh tries to remove him with force, they resist, and Ulkesh soon learns the power of a Jedi Master, even as Luke attempts to peacefully soothe Ulkesh. In the end, Luke lets Kosh speak to moderate Ulkesh, who is dismayed, but complies with Kosh's mandate to return to the homeworld, not just for that reason, but also to report back on these new and startling turn of events.

SHORTER SUMMARY TO ADD ABOVE

With help from the New Republic and Luke's Jedi, the Army of Light manages to drive away the Shadows, or so they are led to think — in truth the Shadows know this means contact with other realities has been made again, and want to act on that, given how the Jedi performed in the Battle of Sector 83.

Vader has managed to steal the information he needs from the Federation on how to form wormholes, and is steamrolling across the Alpha Quadrant, trying to conquer it all until Picard's fleet and the New Republic emerge, and beat the Imperials back, who are forced to flee home. However, to his dismay, Vader arrives home to discover the Borg have invaded it, wanting to assimilate their technology.

This would be when the Shadows appear before Vader and offer him an alliance of power, to further instruct him in the ways of chaos if not necessarily the Force, and to beat back the Borg which he agrees to. First step is Vader assassinates the Emperor and installs a puppet Emperor, allowing Vader full control over the Imperial forces.

Once the Borg have been beaten back Vader has the new puppet Emperor loosen his reins on the local moffs, governors, and admirals through Imperial space as per the directions of the Shadows in a great war of cleansing that shall strengthen the Empire, by conflict; for the inevitable confrontation with other powers in other worlds.
Here is my draft list of confirmed ideas so far. Apologies if it's confusing. I changed my initial term "realitystream" to "foldspace iteration" when I came up with the idea of the foldspace matrix. More on that later.
INFINITE CYCLE & FOLDSPACE ITERATIONS

1) First foldspace iteration — Star Trek
2) Second foldspace iteration — StarCraft
3) Third foldspace iteration — Star Wars
4) Fourth foldspace iteration — Halo
5) Fifth foldspace iteration — Warhammer 40,000
6) Sixth foldspace iteration — Babylon 5
7) Seventh foldspace iteration — Stargate

The Q were the very first civilization in the first universe in all of existence and once they expanded across space they encountered other life, but no sapience, except those they created; they were all alone among creation. As eons passed them their technology grew to an astonishingly quick pace, evolving into star farmers, then galaxy gardeners into black-hole miners which then became supercluster black-hole miners and then to gravity miners with the collective-conscious conflux they called the Continuum and finally ending through the lossless neutrino substrate form which helped them transcend the heat death of the progenitor universe in the first Ascension process. Reaching back through time, the Q Continuum influenced the Manifold to alter reality so that many other life would spawn and they could observe them; and guide them, if needs be.

The Q developed the life-energy known as the Force, making it very distinct from telepathy or telekinesis in that it was both generated by all living beings and yet sustained off them. It was constructed as a means to test various humanoid species, and thus any Force user might vaguely think of themselves as a miniscule avatar for the Q. It was directed through the use of how many midi-chlorians a Force user had within their cellular composition, as a recessive gene that can be thought of as the "Atavism of the Force," and in how Force abilities manifest, seemingly responds to information only known as to however the Q programmed it thousands of years ago, and thus why the midi-chlorians can look to have a life of their own, why certain acts inside the Force could seem so random, and difficult to comprehend.

The same way that the Atavism of the Force was meant to be a biological process with how to harness the power of the Q, even if it was on a localized space-time scale, the Omega molecules created by the Q is another way to access their power, in technological format. The Q knew that all life in the multiverse they created would have potential someday to advance to their culture level in the passage of time even if the universe was not confined to an end anymore and the Omega molecules as well as the Atavism of the Force was created to help them along the way.

Lorien and Amon knew one another in ancient times. Each universe has a cycle of birth, death, then rebirth; however, for Lorien, he was literally the first sentient being to spawn in his universe after its latest cycle of rebirth. Meeting an inheritor of the Infinite Cycle, Lorien had been fascinated with Amon in his newfound sentience, and both discussed their place in the universe, their roles in history. Amon in some fashion respected Lorien, reminded of how he had been prior to the Infinite Cycle, and Lorien was inspired by Amon to stop the Infinite Cycle in his own way as once other sentient life popped up among his race, as a naturally immortal race, Lorien guided them along the direction Amon was thinking to reach out to the stars one day and mentor all the other races out there; by wisdom and knowledge.

One of the first sentient species to develop were the C'tan or Star Gods before the first planets even cooled as their thoughts emerged within the lines of force generated from the supercharged plasma and electromagnetic flares to main-sequence stars. The early C'tan were energy parasites suckling on solar energy and shortening the sun's lifespan by millions of standard years. Through time, these solar vampires learned to leave their nests on the wings of the universe's electromagnetic flux and as they passed through space, even filtered between space-time to end up in other realitystreams seeking out a source to satiate this ravenous hunger. Within the Kinrath Galaxy, during the time of the rise of the Empire on Tatooine younglings sometimes told fairy tales of the C'tan as "sun-dragons" as well as their cousins which burned in everything from fusion furnaces to Podracers.

The Council of the First Ones is the name given to the ruling body of the Belkan Empire, comprised of both Ancient First Ones as well as Younger First Ones in a vast interdimensional empire.

The C'tan exist in many realities, still in their primordial state.

The Old Ones were one of the Ancient First Ones while subsequent races like the Vorlons and the Shadows of after-generations were the Younger First Ones. During the time period of the War in Heaven when the Necrontyr had desperately petitioned the Old Ones for the means of immortality to end their short, hellish existence, such a decision required a Council of the First Ones, who came upon a majority decision that a Younger Race simply wasn't ready, despite the Old Ones being their strongest advocates, and who were left in the rather unenviable and reluctant task of informing the Necrontyr what the First Ones had finally ruled on. The Necrontyr blamed the Old Ones for the unfair ruling and why their suffering went on, given the favoritism shown towards the Alterans.

The dissolution of the Belkan Empire didn't come at once, but it did come from being too old, never dying, sharing the immortality among only the select few, and feeling they were gods that had the power and right to decide who lived and who died. Their great experiment to test how well the Progenitors had seeded the galaxy's life to evolve into bipedal forms through nurturing the dinosaurs on seven worlds failed, but when they taken them off Earth across one reality they actually did start evolving upright. But it was the first chink in the armor, that the First Ones were not infallible, and yet they wrote it off as a fluke; subsequently came the War in Heaven in which rather than deal with the problem they dismissed the ruined domain as not worth any efforts and sealed it off, discouraging the Alterans, who were there from the beginning. As the schism in their society developed, they withdrew from the Belkan Empire, which was a severe blow to morale given their revered role as Gatekeepers, and then when an idealistic seeder race was turned on by an ambitious Younger Race which would lead to the Flood and various rebellions in the Kinrath Galaxy, the old Belkan Empire just could not sustain itself and disbanded. Lorien said they had "forgot to love" being so old, group think became easier to them, focusing on large-scale ideals, while forgetting small actions create larger actions.

The Void from StarCraft and the Warp from Warhammer 40,000 are a term used with the exact same thing. The Xel'naga are Warp beings.

The name of the Star Wars galaxy constantly changes over time to each new rise and fall of all civilizations and while under the Galactic Empire Palpatine has it renamed the Kinrath Galaxy to pay homage to what he felt was a natural dark-side predator. By the time which the New Republic came in contact with extradimensional groups, they commission the New Republic Historical Council to restandardize their Galactic Calendar and the Battle of Yavin is chosen as the turning point which marks this current year 23 ABY; so the galaxy is retitled as the "Hope Galaxy" or the "Free Galaxy" to correspond to the new era of hopeful changes they seem to be in.

The "Celestials" was a word to how the inhabitants within the Kinrath Galaxy viewed the godlike Belkan Empire which was sometimes active in their domain. However, by the time the Rakata client race revolted against the other client races, the "Celestials" left inside the Kinrath Galaxy, such as it is, were only the remnants of the Belkan Empire, and fell easily before the upstart Rakata.

The bluegill parasites are a mutated offshoot of the Goa'uld brought to the Star Trek realitystream by an ancient race long forgotten to time.

Throughout human history contact with the Stargates led to cultural cross-references, hence why they have the name of Thor in one world even though he is not native to this realitystream but the realitystream that spawned the SGC. Daniel Jackson would be fascinated by all this.

After uniting the Klingon people and defeating his enemies and laying down the code of honor his people would follow, Kahless left through a hidden Stargate he'd discovered on the surface of Qo'noS and wound up passing through time to the era of Valen, where the two met and became acquainted, as Valen traveled through the Stargate to his world in return.

Starfleet Command retrieved a Stargate buried below Mt. Kilimanjaro just decades prior to the events of the story and through that Stargate came Kerrigan, the Queen of Blades, who unearthed one in her home reality and then began building up her forces in the Alpha Quadrant, subtly influencing the upper echelons of the Starfleet Command. Kerrigan makes regular travel through the Stargates.

Section 31 is really the intelligence service of a secret Federation organization not even the upper echelons of Starfleet whom know about Section 31 are aware of, known as Shadowfleet Command, which operates a secret fleet to act as the Federation's avenging angels manned by hundreds of duotronic base Soong-type androids. The Shadowfleet has adapted quantum slipstream and Borg transwarp technology to be able to compete with the likes of the other factions and races they encounter when contact with other realitystreams makes news across the whole quadrant.

After contact with other realitystreams is established, Shadowfleet Command starts secretly accumulating more and more technologies, knowing a far worse conflict than the Dominion War is coming, as they know about Kerrigan's pulling of strings behind the scenes. Although any attempts to take her out always backfires, but in such a way it does not lead her back to Shadowfleet Command itself, but if it eventually did, would point to Section 31 to take the blame.

Luke restores Talia Winters to herself.

A type of composite technology born from splicing together many technological gems pilfered from other races is techno-shapeshifting overseen by Shadowfleet. It works on a principle of (EXPLAIN IT.)

Kerrigan's original mission through the Stargates is actually experimenting with a new breed of Zerg Cerebrate that is a living planetoid. While not a Cerebrate it performs a similar function in her Zerg Swarm that she dubs as a Brood-Mother, though common slang by those which they steamroll is that of "Overworlds." Kerrigan sees the threat of Amon's return, and wants the Overworlds around to resist it. To this end, she requires Zerg creep to completely cover a planet and seep down into the core, which requires time and so all of her efforts in other realitystreams are just a delaying tactic to buy time to seize enough planets she feels has the perfect psionic feel in order to spawn new Overworlds. She sees this not just as a good defense, but the natural evolution with the Zerg and indeed, life in general. Similarly to the preceding generation of the Cerebrates the Zerg Overworlds can't be taken out by anything less than dark energy so even blowing up the Swarms of the Zerg Overworlds can't stop them through conventional technological or military operations. Naturally, while breeding the Overworlds Kerrigan did so on relatively primitive worlds which would not immediately register a response once they went missing on the charts of major galactic civilizations, at least initially, but given how she simply would not infest any other planet except those which she had deemed worthy with the "proper" psionic imprint to it this made pinpointing the right target planet practically impossible, hence why it needed so much time.

The Federation and the SGC exchange technology and information, same with the New Republic after they sign the Compact Treaty.

As more and more Stargates are recovered in other universes, it soon becomes evident that's how humans ended up on other planets, like Eminiar VII, in the Star Trek realitystream.

The Bajoran Wormhole becomes of even greater importance following the discovery of the other realitystreams once they begin interacting with them there. And perhaps SGC even shares some of its science regarding wormhole physics with the Federation that even surpasses much of what they know.

When contact between other realitystreams is established with the Stargates, one is eventually recovered beneath Coruscant, long built over by the upper city levels, and thus sheds light on how humans settled the Star Wars realitystream.

When contact from other realitstreams is established and during the brief period of stability before all hell breaks loose, the religious caste among the Minbari Federation, being really spiritual and taking their lead from Delenn, follow through on a series of petitions by people experiencing what is termed "racial dysphoria" to let them change species into what they feel best fits their identity, via the Chrysalis Device that becomes more widely used.

Once the New Republic begins making alliances with all the various races and organizations out there, like the Federation, the SGC, and more, the remnants of Homeguard band together and make one final push through the Stargate based on knowledge obtained by Clark and Psi Corps when they first started recording other universes to ask for help from the Imperium of Man, which is when Warhammer 40,000 enters the story.

By experimenting with transporter technology, the SGC is able to come up with a way to digitize or download an organic being into a computer network, where they find a world of sentient programs, Sprites and Binomes and Game Cubes and computer viruses.

Picard would be fascinated by life inside computer networks.

Jacen and Jaina Solo both find something appealing with the concept of thriving civilizations within computer hierarchy. With Jacen, because it's a form of life, and Jaina since she understands all the mechanical details in how machines function, and like Picard, they both want to explore it, and would maybe even volunteer to be Picard's Jedi bodyguards in negotiations.

Either Jacen, Jaina, Lowie, or Tenel Ka note how the Web Riders and their society is astonishingly similar to the Beast-Riders of Onderon from thousands of years ago. Probably Tenel Ka.

Within the reality of the Net, Force perceptions are twisted and distorted past all they experience while in the physical world, feeling abstract and intangible, as it takes a sustained period of time for even a learned Jedi Master to adapt fully so that their Force senses return to what they are supposed to be, and even when calling on their abilities, there is sometimes a bit of a "processing" delay, as it can feel like reaching across a distance as vast as a whole universe. Within a computer network it has a certain "cold" feel always present in the back of their minds, more sterile than anything found in the physical world; like being inside of a black hole almost, they will speculate. Some Jedi never fully adapt, since it takes a sustained effort of concentration.

Armed with their new understanding of how computer networks function on the inside the alliance of the good guys soon begins to weaponize it and to hack and disable foreign computer systems.

The Dominion would be very interested in the Kaminoans.

The Dominion, the Covenant, and the Diversity Alliance team up together. And the Breen might even join as well much earlier.

The Covenant have the superior technology in the alliance alongside the Diversity Alliance. Thus the Founders are covertly infiltrating their society to gain an advantage, while the Vorta are given express orders to NOT antagonize them. Don't bend down to them but treat them as though they're allies and consider all options carefully. The same orders Weyoun was given in regards to the Cardassians.

The Vanir kidnap Dr. Bashir to do genetic experimentation on them under threat of punishment, while the Asgard learn of and search out the Kamino cloners to reverse their genetic errors. (This is possibly when the Asgard came into contact with the Dominion.)

This story is a case of serial escalation, with a rampaging Swarm of Overworlds upping the scale, and then the Warp spreading out of control unchecked across the realitystreams only adds to that.

Using Force powers Luke yanks down a Vorlon planet killer in orbit to smash it into the dirt as the Vorlons come to blow it up, on an obscure rim world being overrun by Zerg creep in the process of becoming an Overworld. He could not let his disciples and all the other innocent people on that planet die. Given that the planet killer was largely organic, however, and the shared link the Vorlons had aboard to the vessel, this was no easy feat, but Luke was able to overcome the wills of the Vorlons, sending it crash-landing, as he strategically guided it down over a huge mass of creep upon the surface so that it would cause an effect similar to that of a mass driver. It would not save the world, but it sure bought them time to step up their evacuation efforts even if it meant another Zerg Overworld was spawned, and joined its swarm sisters.

Imperial Center serves as a world that becomes an Overworld, and when Kerrigan begins moving out into the open, she uses Supergates to make travel between realitystreams possible for the Overworlds and leaves already formed Brood-Mothers to guard areas where the creep is spreading over a planet, which takes months to do so, to ward off any counterattacks and reprisals from the Galactic Allies.

Palpatine's Dark Empire proves especially adept at holding back Kerrigan's Swarm of Overworlds, to an extent, given that they are guided by and held together through the use of Battle Meditation in a supreme Sith Master which filters into every aspect of the imperial war machine; and so even if the method used to take them down is more conventional military hardware, because it had been "touched" by darkness, they cannot reform.

When the Zerg Overworlds start flooding realitystreams the Vorlon planet killers, Shadow Death Clouds, Imperial superweapons like the Death Star, Galaxy Gun, and Sun Crusher as well as Undine bio-ships all prove useful in putting them down. Zonama Sekot might help out too. The Sun Crusher was used only for battles if you required a failsafe in the hole in the event you lost, while if you wanted a solar system to be blown up quickly and effectively the Federation supplied the means to carry it out, by use of protomatter/trilithium charges.

Vader would be in charge of the Galactic Empire putting the Death Stars to use while Palpatine's Dark Empire uses the Galaxy Gun.

The Galactic Allies form to fight the Zerg, bringing practically every former enemy power together into a new cohesive whole to fight.

With the Swarms of the Overworlds steamrolling over space many planets are destroyed by the Galactic Allies, like Corellia and Minbar, or become Overworlds themselves, such as Coruscant and Vulcan.

The Keystone at Ulnar ends up destroyed: since it is the intersecting nexus to all of reality, this is the catalyst for the Void to spread out of control and take root in that world; though it is only the second, and far from the last reality to fall to the Warp.

The "first" time the Prophets met Sisko was when he explained to them what linear time was and they reached back across time doing things for him, like making prophecies to the Bajorans about him, and all that he would do; they eventually do cross what he feels is a line, however, in messing with his conception by having a Prophet seize control over Sarah Sisko, who would have married Joseph Sisko originally, to ensure that Sisko is born with Prophet potential. This is because Sisko will need it for "what is to come in the game." When he learns, however, Sisko is seething, feeling that you can't sacrifice an innocent woman, his mother, this way, not even for the sake of so many billions of lives, which is confusing to the Prophets given what he's said before primarily with regards to the Dominion fleet. Because of this, given how the Warp is spreading out of control across time and space, Sisko falls prey to the Chaos God of Khorne, and Chaos infects the Bajoran Wormhole. The Prophets had miscalculated. The Immaterium was their home in how they looked outside linear time, but because the threat was also from the Immaterium, they could not predict it properly, with the perspective of knowing how "the future" would play out, got stuck in their ways, and therefore, wound up surrendering the Emissary to the timeless destroyers they'd feared about and had tried to save him against, making him easy game.

Luke is first one to hybridize the Omega molecules thanks to Captain Picard with the Force to Ascend into a state like the Q, as a test to see if any sapient being could reach Q power without having it handed to them by the Q, and how the first one to do so would reveal the potential of life in the universe. Humans had the most potential, in their opinion, but Luke gave up all this power to return to the way he had been, simply stopping the threat of Chaos and purifying the Chaos Gods in this process, rather than merely erasing the lot of them from existence which could have been all too easy.
Saberian Dream
Redshirt

Post by Saberian Dream »

Turns out there's a posting limit! Anyway, here is part 2.

These is my second list of draft ideas, those I might be certain or uncertain about, but have yet to edit into a workable form to put with the other confirmed ideas. It is VERY raw and unrefined, so... sorry for that. You will note many of these ideas repeat or got reformed elsewhere, so if something seems "off" here, just know it is supplanted by the timeline or the ideas and summary written before.
Jacen ends up working alongside Master Chief and Cortana, and is isolated from the others, developing feelings for Cortana (much to Chief's amusement), and forming a kinship with Chief. at one point, Jacen is pulled off a planet by emergency beam-out and thanks to technobabble, he is split like Riker was. this one meets Kerrigan, and unlike the other Jacen, ends up tortured (thought not by Kerrigan, perhaps by the Yuuzhan Vong like in canon). after the war is over, Kerrigan remains as a Zerg and decides to see to her new adopted people. the duplicate Jacen heads off with her so that the other Jacen can be with his family. final ships are Jacen/Cortana and Jacen/Kerrigan. as well as Jaina with some kind of Sprite in Cyberspace.

Paint Kerrigan here as a well-intentioned extremist.

The Vorlons visited the Yuuzhan Vong galaxy long ago, and left some of their organic technology, so that it's possible the Yuuzhan Vong scavenged it.
Long ago, the Vorlons, through the Belkan Empire, had visited the Yuuzhan Vong galaxy and left some of their organic technology, which allowed the Yuuzhan Vong to reverse engineer it.

The crew of the Hyperion go out heroically, either in stopping something, of trying to warn others of a coming danger. perhaps Jim Raynor survives, but is crippled and in a coma for a while, and has to be brought back via cybernetics.

When contact with the Younger Races of the other realitystreams is first established, the Vorlons think it's not time for the Younger Races who they are guiding in this world to know about "what lies beyond, what lies behind, what lies on the road not taken."

A few other species possess both purity of form and purity of essence, and so they all possess the potential to become true Xel'naga. A good example would be the Minbari or possibly Vulcans.

SGC and other Stargate races help the Kinrath Galaxy inhabitants overcome the hyperspace disturbance at the edge of the galaxy. in his reality, Palpatine would see this as even more of a threat.

Perhaps one of the ancient races that was part of the interdimensional empire or around that period built the first jumpgates.

That the Ancient Humanoids left the DNA seed-fragment message before they discovered and became part of the Ancient Belkan Empire, and left a second message out there once they had discovered it, perhaps in preparation to a great threat. Maybe the Warp?

Perhaps the Changelings were uplifted by another great race, maybe even the First Ones, and they forgot it. possibly the Xel'naga? if so they would have purity of essence.

The Great Machine can be used similar to the Guardian of Forever and the Bajoran Wormhole to reach into other realitystreams, but this requires even more power than to open a rift across time.

Perhaps some scavenger race had laid claim to the Guardian of Forever, not just a gateway across time, but to other worlds, and so was possibly active during ancient events, though they never treated it as a sentient being. Perhaps the Guardian of Forever can even hack into Stargates, Hypergates, Infinity Gates, and so much else.
Perhaps in the present some unscrupulous race or group lays claim to the Guardian of Forever and has it hack into all the connected wormhole networks in order to cause chaos, like use an Infinity Gate to send out an Infinity Wave and destroy a planet or solar system. this could help in taking out some of the Zerg Overworlds.
That perhaps the Guardian of Forever had been built by the Belkan Empire. Maybe the Ancients. And in the past, an ancient scavenger race had laid claim to the Guardian of Forever long after they built it, not just a gateway across time, but other worlds, and so was possibly active during many ancient events in the time of the Belkan Empire, though they never treated it as a sentient being, and as a result, they never asked it any questions, simply hooked it up to their organic technology of the time period. An idea I'd had with this is that perhaps the Guardian can hack into Stargates and Hypergates and Infinity Gates. I'm also considering in the present if some unscrupulous race or group lays claim to the Guardian of Forever and has it hack into all the connected wormhole networks in order to cause chaos, like use an Infinity Gate to send out an Infinity Wave and destroy a planet or solar system. This could help in taking out some the Zerg Overworlds behind the scenes. Perhaps by the Shadowfleet guys?

The Iconians in Star Trek are really the Gree.

The civilizations that employ hyperspace technology to travel between worlds, like those in Stargate, Babylon 5, and Star Wars can sometimes use different means of doing so. the way civilizations in Babylon 5 use hyperspace is much more primitive than those from Stargate and Star Wars, because a lot of times they are dependent on gates, and is still much slower than those other civilizations, though not entirely by much.

The Reckoning was set up in payment for helping Sisko with the Dominion fleet.

Making the Tkon Empire similar to the Culture in a massive shout-out, and the Federation is what another "Portal" sees as their natural successor state.

The subspace network the Hirogen claim was created by some ancient race from another reality.

Some ancient race like the Ancients or somebody else built the Dyson Shell that the Enterprise-D discovered Scotty on. maybe the Ancients. It was one of many. That said, the reason it became so unstable was how a C'tan had settled within it, forcing an evacuation.
That perhaps the Ancients had built the Dyson Shell in TNG. That said, it became unstable over time because a C'tan had drifted through to begin feeding on its solar energy! The way the episode was written seems to imply it had destabilized over time, and they wouldn't have been dumb enough to build a Dyson Shell around an unstable star.

the Alliance of Four Great Races consisting of the Nox, the Asgard, the Ancients and the Furlings might know some great threat is coming past the Replicators. the Furlings, only mentioned twice, never seen, might be the name for some other ancient race from another franchise.

disrupt geodesic transit at some point for time travel stuff.

Having Tam Elbrun and Gomtuu return. Gomtuu's race had gone beyond the rim and into worlds and across time. So perhaps show more of Gomtuu's race. Gomtuu himself seemed pretty OP in "Tin Man."

Make Yosemite God a Cytherian who had been cast out beyond the Great Barrier.

While consolidating his power and perhaps with some aid of the Psi Corps and his Shadow allies, President Clark of the Earth Alliance had recovered a Stargate on some world close to Earth or maybe more than one and planned to use it to further his own agenda.

The mutated Goa'uld from Star Trek ally with the Flood and Borg and Zerg in order to form a parasitic alliance, as well as with the Ceti eels. perhaps infecting stuff to do so.

OH HELL! This would be a cool idea to explore! Contrasting a Vorlon's ability to leave a piece of themselves in another and how it relates to the Vulcan katra transfer process. I'd figure since the Vorlons or other First Ones had uplifted every psychic species in the history of the universe, then it's natural.

Vulcan secedes from the Federation to form a new alliance between them, the Protoss, and the disillusioned among the Minbari religious caste.

perhaps the Shadows or the Vorlons use their organic technology to seek out the C'tan in their world, still existing as energy parasites, once contact with the new universes is reestablished, to build them bio-bodies. it is even possible they could tinker with their genetic makeup to change their behavior. perhaps telepathy is how to make contact with the C'tan in their primordial state.
Here's an idea I'd had. The C'tan being in their primordial state across many universes is deliberate. I WANT other First Ones like perhaps the Shadows to build them organic shells similarly to what the Necrons had done eons ago. Now obviously, during the time of the Council of the First Ones in the Belkan Empire, that would not be done, but the Shadows and Vorlons are Younger First Ones, not Ancient First Ones, and with the dissolution of the Belkan Empire, naturally, a lot of its policies can't be enforced anymore. And of course, if Vorlons and Shadows EVER crossed into the Delta Quadrant, it would mean hell to pay from the Undine.

The Galactic Empire travels into the Babylon 5 realitystream where they learn about Clark's fall, and make allies of Homeguard, who would prove to be very useful in taking a foothold in this world.

Force ghosts are the Force versions of Ascension for those who are not Force wielders.

The Belkan Empire built the Domain, perhaps even asking the Xel'naga for knowledge.

perhaps humans are one of those few gifted towards Ascension. maybe Ascension is even something the Q sparked within sentient minds to form in the new multiverse, the potential to become like the Q are themselves.

perhaps the Q maintain the foldspace matrix by means of their neutrino computer, so in a sense, all of reality is just an illusion.

perhaps just as Earth has a counterpart, all these other worlds have counterparts, but life evolved differently with the presence of First Ones to uplift it.

perhaps the photonic energy beings Voyager once caught are the C'tan.

The Bajoran Wormhole is part of the Immaterium.

The Imperium would consider the Federation to be similar to the Interex.

perhaps Vulcans were Eldar before their corruption and hubris.

perhaps Amon is a well known character from the previous lore.

perhaps Earth is the center of the universe because it was the Q's homeworld in the progenitor universe.

the Great Experiment was the Belkan Empire's attempt to breed dinosaurs and test how well the seeded direction of the Progenitors functioned alongside other universes where that was not the case, if they would reach a similar upright, bipedal form.

over time, the Belkan Empire had slowly been losing influence and lost its way, and though the flashpoint event was the revolt by the Forerunners, it actually began with the War in Heaven. and then in these intervening tens of millions of years, it became clear their experiment to breed the Voth had been right, but they had failed, given how there was an anomalous quality to why they have evolved into an upright and bipedal form in the Delta Quadrant and not the Alpha Quadrant. then the Alterans petitioned the Empire for help with the Ori, which they quickly withdrew and left the Empire, and given the ancient role they held in the Belkan Empire, this was quite a loss. over time, the Empire grew less and less interested in helping out other races as a collective unit and more among the individual level. in the final years, a seeder race desperately hoped to usher in a new renaissance of influence and knowledge and learning, by seeding the species that would become the Forerunners, who seeing what the Belkans had, became jealous and started a war against them, even adopting the name Forerunner as defiance against the "First Ones" and dreaming their new empire would outlast theirs. perhaps the Ori were their allies. perhaps they were angry another race was being given the Mantle of Responsibility over them.

Q at some point lets Picard see a "glimpse" of what he is, as a mass of light and energy spanning several galaxies in size, with threads of space-time curling off him, only a fragment of what he truly is.

Palpatine wanted to transition from the Galactic Empire to the Dark Empire of Sith, and so wouldn't care about blowing up lots of planets. while Vader is ruling the Galactic Empire with the Shadows and setting the moffs into chaos that will purge the weak and grow the Empire through conflict, Palpatine is building his Dark Empire in the Deep Core at Byss, and wants to transition over to an entire empire of dark siders.

the Brood-Mothers are given thought, consciousness, and direction by means of a thousand Queens sacrificing themselves to fuse into that mind that will guide the creep once it completely covers a planet. and they can fuse into even larger Brood-Mothers.

contrast the Minbari sending kids to the Jedi Order vs. the Psi Corps drafting people. that Luke's Jedi is more of the former. while the Jedi had become the latter during the era of the Old Republic.

because the Shadows and the Vorlons were Younger First ones and came to prominence long after the fall of the Belkan Empire, they rarely visited other realities. as a result, the Shadows never saw the Jedi and Sith come to power and dominance during the rise of the Galactic Republic. the Shadows retreat following their major loss in the Battle of Sector 83, and pull back on the war to regroup. the Vorlons likewise pull back. the Shadows want Jedi to experiment on. this might be why they offer Vader power and enlightenment in chaos. the deal is that he would give them Force-sensitives to power their ships and the way to run the Empire he sees fit, and they would help him depose Palpatine and protect him against powers in the other universes. while the Shadows begin exploiting the Jedi to increase Shadow technology, the Vorlons construct organic shells for the primordial C'tan to inhabit, breaking the age-old covenant of the First Ones to leave them be, something the Vorlons had known about only as myths and legends since they were not part of the Belkan Empire. both spend their time building it up, until they are ready to unleash it.

when Lorien speaks of love, he is referring to his love the Belkan Empire, lost to foolishness and pride.
the Belkan Empire laying down a policy of sealing up the Warp Universe was the first destabilizing act of the Belkan Empire, since many First Ones felt they should take a different approach in handling the spawning of Chaos.
The Belkan Empire collapsed because we "learned to stop loving."

the Domain could provide information on this forgotten era in Belkan history. and it happens all in a flash, before Picard or Jacen's eyes.

Compact Allied Forces.
Vorlons group think after living so long, decisions aren't harder as individuals anymore, only as groups.

Shadowfleet uses the intron virus.

Lorien remarks that living longer means you lose the impatience of youth, and can focus more upon the abstract.

Luke agrees to accept the "essence" of Kosh's consciousness broken off and left in Sheridan.
as a result, he stays in Luke's mind.
I could literally see him becoming a wandering hermit that way, going into new heads and sharing wisdom, passing from one Force user to the next.
Kosh is just biochemical energy now.

Epsilon Eridani is where Vulcan is supposed to be.

the Xel'naga might be arrogant enough to think all life should serve the Infinite Cycle.

Valen and Catherine left Minbar to avoid those persecuting them, but he was aware of the Stargates, having met and befriended Kahless.

the Klingons have garland wars with the Minbari warrior caste.

possibly the Star Wars galaxy is in the seventh foldspace iteration of the past, which would reduce the number of all those that came before down to six instead of seven.

each race should handle its own problem was the philosophy of the Belkan Empire. like how the federal government conflicts with states' rights for the United States.

classifying the Necrontyr as a Younger Race rankled them given how they had been around billions of years, and the special treatment the Belkan Empire gave the Alterans, who were not immortal and just as old.

part of part 2, the cold war era, learning and growing and understanding, is trying to understand the nature to reality in dealing with other universes, in how there is a clear yet random pattern. the Force is most heavily concentrated in Luke's native galaxy, while the Omega molecules are most heavily concentrated in Picard's galaxy, and yet the Warp is most heavily concentrated in the Warhammer galaxy.

quantum superposition exists across each of iteration of the universal streams.
And here is the timeline. It's incomplete. As I construct the sequence of events and refine my ideas, more will be added to it.
16,000,000,000 B.C.
The Progenitor Universe is formed in the original Big Bang. The only sapient animals to rise and develop within this Progenitor Universe are the Q, who take to the stars on wings of exploration, and end up finding no other intelligence in this Progenitor Universe except for themselves even as they wind up genetically engineering new life, with "the Q" merely being the collective name which they take for this union.
Reaching their cosmic fingers back across time, the Q Continuum in their ascended lossless computing substrate form "tweak" the physical quanta which makes up the burst of energy expanding outward to add a layer of special variety of spatial and temporal vibrations onto it which ensures the universe repeats in a cycle of death and rebirth, with the potential and ability to add to itself at the end of every cycle as the previous iteration folds in on itself and detaches into another universe cloned off the one that came before with the Progenitor Universe as the base template in a new system of multiversal creation and expansion.
With the foldspace computing matrix which resets the universe to spawn off into new foldspace iterations engineered by the Continuum, the Q manifest a conceptual and intangible realm of nonspace separated from the material universe known as the Immaterium which is built as the binding fabric between each foldspace iteration.
Having pioneered the Atavism of the Force as a way to unlock the power of the Q through biological form much further down the line the Q Continuum now reach back into the first foldspace iteration to pioneer what can be classified as "Omega molecules"; a source of great power and energy which is present from the Big Bang and is in fact vital to harnessing the might of the Q through a technological process, designed so that when the midi-chlorians are filtered through Omega molecules by means of Ascension process, transcendence into Q would instantly take place: The ultimate test to reveal the motives and true nature to the first being or species to reach this level without help.
The first foldspace iteration passes unremarkably. In the second iteration to spawn off of the Progenitor Universe, however, the first noteworthy life to develop are the Warp beings inside the Void that are known as the Xel'naga, who survive through the entire endless length of the history of their universe, yet foresee how even they can fade when the universe ends. As a result, they set up the Infinite Cycle to make sure they survive as a race through each age of universal rebirth.
The Xel'naga construct the Keystone at the Temple of Ulnar as an intersecting nexus between all of reality; with this done, the Xel'naga enter a new universe at the dawn of universal creation, and guide each race with the potential of purity of essence and purity of form toward coming together naturally throughout the eons, where they shall be inevitably drawn to unite at the Temple of Ulnar and be bestowed the essence of the Xel'naga that will see them through to the next iteration of universal creation in this Infinite cycle, ensuring the immortality of the Xel'naga.
The third foldspace iteration passes by as unremarkably as first one, while a couple sapient species end up making it to the Temple at Ulnar through the eons, transcending to the second generation of Xel'naga within the fourth foldspace iteration.
The fourth foldspace iteration also passes without any issues, leading to the fifth and sixth iterations, where everything is disrupted in the sixth and seventh foldspace iterations.
The last point in the Infinite Cycle concludes with the transference of the Xel'naga essence to those who possess purity of form and purity of essence, and among those uplifted is a newly formed Xel'naga known as Amon, who had dreamed of glory, yet then came to despise being torn from his previous life, feeling the transformation had been forced on him or at the very least that he had been lied to now since he had become part of the Infinite Cycle itself.

13,000,000,000 B.C.
On the Planet Celestis of the seventh foldspace iteration, the Alterans evolve and progress into the first evolution of humanity, and soon, they take to outer space, settling the galaxy and moving far past that over the due course of time.

7,000,000,000 B.C.
Lorien is born to a naturally immortal race and as time continues, eventually he passes the threshold to sentience, staring on the suns burning bright in space and wondering if there's something "more" to what his limited senses perceive, with his brain taking on newer and increasingly stronger dimensions in correspondence with all these changes as the first of life within the sixth foldspace iteration to ultimately achieve such a level of understanding.
Lorien meets Amon, described as an "ancient of the ancients," as compared to himself, "The First One who is not First," where the two discuss their role in history, their place across the larger universe with Lorien fresh and young and naïve, full of ambitious dreams, a vigor that sustains the disillusioned Amon for a spell as Lorien vows to break the Infinite Cycle through the will of other races, ushering them into a collective of learning and understanding, and setting himself up to be the being who can direct others to rise among his species to cross into meta-intelligence, a First One for the many other First Ones to follow him.
Lorien and his race venture out into the larger galaxy, meet other Ancient First Ones, and share in learning and knowledge. As the eons crawl by and more and more sentient species arise this forms together into the center of collective guidance, judgment, and wisdom dubbed the Belkan Empire, possibly named after Lorien's race, who preside above the Younger First Ones and act as their teachers and guardians to nurture and develop them, and then step aside when it is time to let these new First Ones instruct the Younger Races themselves, with the Belkan Empire always acting as a source of direction for those who require it.
In an unaltered chronology of events the Belkan Empire could have withstood long until the end of the sixth foldspace iteration with Amon resolved to crush the Infinite Cycle when Lorien's methods failed to transfer over into the seventh foldspace iteration.
While expanding through space, the Alterans are the first to break through the dimensional barriers of space-time vibrations to journey back into previous iterations of universal expansion, which immediately draws the attention of the Q, who sense enormous potential in them and vow to watch them closely from this point on.
During their treks through previous iterations, the Alterans come into contact with the Belkan Empire, who like the Q, spot their potential and welcome them in to take their place as part of the Belkan Empire and the Council of the First Ones.
A brilliant Alteran scientist Amelius designs something which he christens the Ark of Truth that has an ability to override free will to convince the recipients the "truth," though it is entirely dependent on what is true and not false; upon being finished, the Council of the First Ones convenes and ultimately decrees such an item is too dangerous to ever put to use and it is discarded but not destroyed, as Amelius gears himself toward other pursuits.
As the Belkan Empire spreads through time and space, Amelius revolutionizes the future of the multiverse by inventing a contained wormhole within a portal to allow for practically instantaneous transit between multiple dimensions in the space-time continuum all based on the principles which were used to breach past the seven vibrations of the multiverse, and the gateways are dubbed the Stargates as it is through these Stargates that the Belkan Empire keeps expanding in a union of collective knowledge while throughout the Belkan Empire, the Alterans are known as the Gatekeepers, an honored role they happily fulfill.
During the period of the Belkan Empire the Guardian of Forever is constructed in the first foldspace iteration as a Stargate fused to the consciousness of its maker while being capable of a far wider range of functions, but like the Stargates, it is more than capable of breaking through the seven vibrations into future iterations of the foldspace matrix.
In their expansion the Belkan Empire engineers a Great Barrier in two galaxies far removed across the universe in the first and third foldspace iterations in attempting to phase-displace the celestial bodies through time and space to replace their far-distant counterparts, but the test fails as the Council of the First Ones decrees it terminated, and yet nevertheless leaving the Great Barrier fields intact.
While overseeing the engineering of the Great Barrier, a colony of Alterans is left forgotten and lost in the galaxy of the first foldspace iteration, and over the eons, trapped and believing they are alone in a galaxy with no other sentient life present, they evolve from the Alterans into the Progenitors, a name they take for themselves with their plans to seed life across the galaxy they cannot escape from.

4,500,000,000 B.C.
Having thrived alone for billions of years the Progenitors seed DNA fragments on to many worlds throughout the first foldspace iteration galaxy to leave behind their essence, everything they were, along with a programmed genetic message to direct evolution of life to a similar upright bipedal form. Not long after this, they are recovered by the Belkan Empire, who adopt a formal policy of seeding life across universes and uplifting any species they deem worthy.

3,000,000,023 B.C.
Picard's fleet emerges into the Kinrath Galaxy, billions of years in the past of the third foldspace iteration. Admiral Ackbar's armada arrives to investigate them: After an explanation, their task force is escorted to Coruscant via the use of the New Republican tractor beams. Luke Skywalker, meanwhile, senses the disturbance in the Force and he hastily leaves the Jedi Praxeum to track the disruption back to its source.
Picard presents his appeal before the New Republic Senate to assist them in being brought to their proper destination. In the name of like-minded ideals. That does not convince them, so Luke arrives to make a passionate argument on his behalf, sensing how that is something the New Jedi Order must do, to provide aid wherever it is needed, given their personal experiences with the former Galactic Empire.
The New Republic Senate approves the use of a small task force overseen by the Jedi to help these extragalactics after having been assuaged of their misgivings with Data's explanation on all they have learned in manipulating the wormhole; though tension keeps rising especially among the Bothan delegation, led by Borsk Fey'lya.
The allied task force under the joint command of Captain Picard, Admiral Ackbar, and Luke Skywalker sets out on their journey and create a geodesic fold into Coruscant Prime, passing billions of years into the future over a spatially-folded alternate dimensional plane.

1,000,000,000 B.C.
The distinction begins to be made between the Ancient First Ones and the Younger First Ones which soon follow among the Belkan Empire.

500,000,000 B.C.
To store the great data they have accumulated, the Belkan Empire engineers the Precursor Domain in the fourth foldspace iteration.

300,000,000 B.C.
Curious about an age-old mystery which the First Ones had been left with, the Belkan Empire calls a Council of the First Ones and agrees to an experiment to test the nature with how expertly the Progenitors had seeded their DNA instructions on millions of planets to evolve towards an upright and bipedal form resembling themselves on a small blue planet third from its star which has cropped up constantly in each foldspace iteration they travel to by engineering reptilian species, the earliest of the dinosaurs in order to chart their rise with their evolution of life over the process of hundreds of millions of years. The planet in question is dubbed Terra or Earth.

100,000,000 B.C.
The slow, cold-blooded but wise Old Ones, a group of reptilian First Ones, expand their understanding of reality to such a degree that they undertake immense works of psychic engineering based upon the purely grounded sciences of the Alterans by manipulating the Immaterium to form the Warp Gates and build the Webway as a conduit to traverse through realspace by means of Warpspace in the fifth foldspace iteration.

87,000,000 B.C.
The D'Arsay Archive is launched in the first foldspace iteration.

65,000,000 B.C.
Spotting the approach of an asteroid to Earth, a Council of the First Ones is convened and declares the experiment to be a failure, though feeling life is sacred, it is also agreed upon to preserve the dangerously exotic wildlife on this planet, as they transplant all of the dinosaurs to the largely barren Delta Quadrant so they can continue to evolve in isolation, while the First Ones allow the asteroid to hit and, across the other iterations with this experiment use their mighty space technology to tractor other great space objects and hurl them at Earth, causing a mass-extinction event that within only a hundred years, has left the Earth devoid of the once majestic reptiles.

60,000,000–50,000,000 B.C.
In the fifth foldspace iteration through time and space an old race known as the Necrontyr travel out on slow-moving ships with stasis crypts to escape the hellish radiation of their sun-blasted homeworld. During their journey, the Necrontyr dynasties spread throughout space where they encounter the Old Ones, and petition them for the secrets to immortality to relieve their short, cancer-filled existence. The Old Ones take it before the Council of the First Ones, where it is rejected.
The Necrontyr, burning with outrage, launch a war against the First Ones to unite their race following the Wars of Secession, but they are driven back into isolation by the Old Ones, who could have wiped them out, but opted not to, and while in exile, the Necrontyr become aware of the C'tan, constructing them necrodermis shells to inhabit as their Star Gods to wield as weapons against the Old Ones; in return, the C'tan, hungry for new material pleasures they never knew about, bestow the Necrontyr the process of bio-transference into necrodermis shells which reforges them as the Necrons, mindless slaves to Silent King Szarekh.
Glutted upon the life energies of the Necrontyr, the War in Heaven begins that draws in the whole Belkan Empire with planets and stars blasted out of existence and whole systems consumed with black holes as the Necron legions assail the Old Ones in the Webway in a cosmic harvesting process that threatens to destabilize the Belkan Empire completely if left unchecked for long.
While pulling back the C'tan begin infighting that leaves only four in existence, giving the Belkan Empire time required to seed new psyker races with Warp-spawned sorcery to strike back upon the C'tan and their Necron slaves. Among these new races are the Eldar.
These psyker Younger Races soon experience growing pains and collective psychic flaws which throw the Immaterium into anarchy as suffering and war and death coalesce in the Sea of Souls, rendering at the vulnerable psykers, and their environment is remade into Chaos. Warp beings like the Enslavers descend to totally ravage the fifth foldspace iteration galaxy.
Now deeply horrified by the events unfolding, a Council of the First Ones is convened, and the Belkan Empire agrees to close off the fifth foldspace iteration for the multiverse's sake, which the Alterans attend to, a task they feel unhappy with, but perform nevertheless, yet they leave one functional Stargate intact upon Terra in secret.
With the War in Heaven won the Necrons, led under the Silent King Szarekh, now rebel against the C'tan and divide them into fragments where each C'tan shard is encased within a multidimensional Tesseract Labyrinth, and with this completed and weakened from overthrowing their masters, the Necrons, predicting that the Eldar will inherit the galaxy and deciding to let the psyker swarm inevitably die down, withdraw to Tomb Worlds to a Great Sleep to wait the sixty million years for the time they can rise again and dominate the new life that will evolve in the absence of the First Ones and the Belkan Empire.
The aftermath following the War in Heaven ignites a chain reaction leading to the much feared destabilization of the Belkan Empire some among the First Ones had been concerned over with the Alterans as the most vocal opponent given the role they had been forced to endure in destroying the Stargates in the fifth iteration, which sets the Belkan Empire on a course to collapse in the next forty million years.

50,000,000 B.C.
Among the Alterans a philosophical schism develops between two factions, the first of whom, known as the Ori, want to progress into a belief in religion while the smaller faction sticks to a solid grounding in the rationality of science; and over time, these viewpoints diverge so radically the two groups split apart and begin opposing one another, culminating with the Ori trying to destroy the disobedient Alterans.
The remaining Alterans retreat and hide on Celestis where they then petition the use of the Ark of Truth on the Ori but ultimately withdraw their petition before the Council of First Ones even has time to render a judgment on it, eroding faith in the venerability of the First Ones, and further splintering the already destabilized Belkan Empire when the Gatekeepers secede from the wise union to seek their own way.

20,000,000 B.C.
The dinosaurs transplanted by the First Ones have evolved to the species known as the Voth, who take to the stars on starships and consider themselves the first race to dawn in the Delta Quadrant.

15,000,000 B.C.
A seeder race within the Belkan Empire, with a renewed attempt to reinvigorate their primary mandate centered around the dedication of life and in sharing in knowledge and learning as well as giving guidance and wisdom to all the Younger Races, spawns the Forerunners on the Planet Ghibalb in the fourth foldspace iteration.

10,000,000 B.C.
The Forerunners, seeing all the Belkan Empire has built and feeling envious of their power despite knowing they are at a pinnacle of their decadence, decide to overthrow the seeder race, the Precursors whom are attempting to mentor them and rally together into their own new interdimensional empire, their name reflecting it, as defiance of the First Ones; to such an end, the Forerunners conscript the Ori to assist them in this rebellion, as the Ori are at last able to hit the Alterans with a devastating plague, reducing their numbers in the Milky Way colony within the seventh foldspace iteration, leading many of the Alterans Ascending in order to escape from death.
The Forerunners win their war and the Precursors, the last of the idealistic Younger First Ones are thus driven into the Large Magellanic Cloud, where they reduce themselves into an inert powder, to await the eons to one day when they can regenerate their forms, although over time this dust deteriorates, spawning the parasitic Flood.
With the Ori emerging as fully dominant in the schism between them and the Alterans as well as the Forerunners succeeding in establishing their own galactic dominance, free of the Precursors, the last Council of the First Ones of the Belkan Empire is convened, and while there is no official dissolution, the various races as part of the former center of learning and growth and knowledge make fleetingly less contact with one another, except to guide the many Younger Races within their own realms and spheres of influence. As Lorien later notes the Empire fell because they "forgot to love," that they had become so old in belief that, in the end, they thought in terms of the pure abstract, large groups, seeing stars and planets and galaxies and failing to see individuals, how small actions can make huge consequences.
Now thoroughly enraged by the lack of action in the last Council of the First Ones, Amon and his followers decide now more than ever is the time to break the Infinite Cycle,

3,000,000 B.C.
The Vorlons, a Younger First One race in the sixth iteration, whose familiarity to the Belkan Empire is that of legends and galactic myths, undertake what they feel is their special duty to oversee the galaxy as a seeder civilization following the abandoning of the Belkan Empire, and start uplifting many of the Younger Races and in manipulating their biology so to be programmed to view them as "beings of light."

1,000,000 B.C.
The City on the Edge of Forever is constructed by one of the First Ones around the Guardian of Forever, though the First Ones disregard the Guardian as a sentient lifeform and thus is not asked a question.
The Vorlons undergo a schism in their society who feel the Shadows have the right approach in guiding the Younger Races and in time side with the Shadows to wage war against the Vorlons, which is ended with the renegade Vorlons losing this conflict, and fleeing to the Progenitor Milky Way. Throughout the centuries, the exiled Vorlons come into contact with the Shadows and mix their DNA into their genetic composition, evolving into the Undine while holding a bitter grudge in their hearts against their Vorlon cousins, and building up their forces to prepare for that day to dawn to take their revenge upon the Vorlons.

600,000 B.C.
The Vorlons uplift the Vulcans in the first foldspace iteration.

500,000 B.C.
The remnants of the Alterans within the first foldspace iteration Milky Way Galaxy have at this time mostly died out and all of this due to the Ori contagion or Ascended into higher planes of reality. A small group of the Alterans — not able to Ascend — instead, opt to leave behind their consciousness implanted into receptacles hidden in an underground vault, led by Sargon as well as his wife, Thalassa. Attempting to undo the mistakes of the past, Sargon invites along an Ori, Henoch, who like them is able unable to Ascend, and awaiting the day one of the Younger Races seeded during the time of the Belkan Empire and after will come to find them.

200,000 B.C.
To counter the Vorlons and the way they have uplifted hundreds of species within the first foldspace iteration galaxy to psychic races the Shadows now graft cybernetic implants upon one of the Younger Races in the Delta Quadrant called the Taratimude, serving as the template for the Borg Collective. In time even the Shadows themselves will come to disregard them as a failure as the Borg begin expanding with the assimilation of other sapient races into their collective consciousness, promoting efficiency and enforced order, thus the Shadows leave them to grow unchecked while the technology used will later be refined into the Techno-mages.

c. 7800 B.C.
With most of the First Ones having left the Shadows feel the time is right to confront the Vorlons directly and go to war on them alongside the Undine. However, an alliance with the other First Ones ensures that the Undine are thwarted again, and sealed off in a higher dimensional plane known as Fluidic Space by the Vorlons, with their hatred now extending to all sentient life.
With the Shadows driven to Z'ha'dum, a pact is enforced by Lorien, previously Master-Arbiter of the Belkan Empire, that the Shadows and the Vorlons confine their attempts to guide the Younger Races to within their own galaxy, setting down rules of engagement for them to abide by.

November 22, 2260
Captain Picard arrives from 2374 within the sixth foldspace iteration, and is rounded up by Earthforce personnel on suspicion of being a Mars rebel, where he is then turned over to interrogation beneath William.

November 24, 2260
Having failed to get anywhere with Picard by conventional means the interrogation is turned over to Psi Corps, with Bester unlocking the key detail to who Picard is and where he comes from, as well as a way to manipulate the Stargate in their possession.
Picard is liberated by the Mars Resistance, who heard rumors to the extradimensional visitor, with the aim of requesting his parallel Earth government for military assistance against President Clark, given to their rationale that any enemy of Clark's is their friend.

November 25, 2260
After a lengthy discussion on how Clark presents a threat not only to his universe, but many others with the Stargate, Captain Picard agrees to bring the Mars Resistance's plea directly to the Federation Council.

November 26, 2260
The Mars Resistance manages to get Picard through the Stargate, with Number Two as well as two Martian Resistance guards also traveling into the wormhole with him to present the case to the Federation.

December 8, 2260
During the Battle of Sector 83 the allied fleet of Federation and New Republican forces appear nearby, displaced over time and space; with the Jedi on board sensing the darkness which taints the Shadow vessels they jump into the fray on the side of the Non-Aligned Worlds, rapidly turning this battle into a complete rout so that very few losses are sustained by the Army of Light.
Upon meeting them, Captain Sheridan invites the allied fleet to follow them back to Babylon 5 in order to discuss this weird situation they discover themselves in further.

December 5, 2374
Tired of all the pointless deaths, Captain Sisko decides to bring the Romulans into the Dominion War alongside them to turn the tide, recruiting Garak to help him in this endeavor.

December 8, 2374
Betazed falls to the Jem'Hadar; positioning the Dominion into striking distance of other major Federation worlds, including Earth. At the same time Vash accidentally triggers the Quantum Mirror while on the Mars archaeological dig while acting without orders and is transplanted across reality.
On DS9 Sisko receives news about the fall of Betazed, and turns to Garak, who in the absence of proper tangible evidence, suggest they manufacture it themselves in order to bring the Romulans into the war on their side, and while reluctant, Sisko considers that proposal, and brings it before Starfleet Command, who green-lit Operation Ally.

December 10, 2374
Captain Picard is recalled to Mars to inspect the Quantum Mirror standing beside a Stargate into which Vash had disappeared, taking stolen archaeological files with her, with Starfleet's goal to "show the flag" given how there are rumors of a Dominion battle fleet covertly operating in the area following the fall of Betazed.

December 14, 2374
Having examined the Stargate for four days, Picard figures out how it functions and gives his report back to Starfleet Command, who meet to debate on the matter regarding where to proceed in their next move.

December 18, 2374
Starfleet Command approves Captain Picard's transit through the Stargate in pursuit of Vash, with a timetable of four days to give him time to return, before they seal the Stargate with explosives to prevent a second threat like the destructive Dominion War from taking place.
Sisko presents the forged evidence before Senator Vreenak, the most pro-Dominion voice among the Romulan Senate, who sees past the forgery and heatedly declares it a fake.

December 20, 2374
With the staged assassination of Senator Vreenak as orchestrated by Garak to frame the Dominion as responsible the Romulan Star Empire declares war on them in return, and enters the Dominion War as had been hoped by Sisko and Garak.
Kerrigan, sensing a swift Federation victory won't conform to her plan, leaks the news to the whole quadrant about the Federation deception to lure the Romulans into that war including Vreenak's assassination by a Starfleet officer as sanctioned by Starfleet Command itself.

December 21, 2374
With the deception exposed and verified, the Romulans turn on the Federation and side with the Dominion, hitting the Federation and the Klingons hard throughout the border and sending their forces into a full retreat as Starfleet now runs tactical projections on their likelihood of defeat and not if, but when and how soon it will be.

December 22, 2374
Captain Picard returns from his sojourn into a parallel reality with Number Two of the Martian resistance against President Clark by his side to petition the Federation Council for a mutual defense aid, which given the losses that they are sustaining from the Dominion and the Romulans, is instantly granted as they are shuttled back to Earth.

December 23, 2374
The Federation convenes to review Number Two's petition, and once presented the Federation starts a period of debate how to proceed.

December 24, 2374
With the war putting a damper on Christmas eve, Captain Picard is called to give testimony to the Council members. The Federation then goes into final deliberations and finally edits and green-lights Operation New Ally, holding to the real ideals of the Federation as Picard sees it.
A small task force is assembled by pulling ships off the front line to serve as a final gamble to win the Dominion War in their favor, before total defeat. Data and Geordi start calculating on how to use the physics in the Stargate in traveling through the Bajoran Wormhole in a similar fashion.

December 29, 2374
The task force under Captain Picard of thirty ships sets out to Deep Space Nine to embark upon their journey through the wormhole.

December 30, 2374
Blanking out all sensors on DS9, Picard's task force plunges into the wormhole to make the theoretical transit to that parallel universe.

September 18, 2552
Picard's task force materializes in the Epsilon Eridani star system off course from their intended destination in the fourth iteration Milky Way Galaxy as the Covenant orbit the nerve center for the UNSC military operations and start glassing the surface of life, while the Pillar of Autumn races outsystem escaping the Covenant, with the crew completely not aware of Picard's task force and Picard's fleet immediately drawing Covenant weapons fire.
Improvising quickly Captain Picard finally devises an escape plan through the use of applying Stargate principles while performing a geodesic fold and the plan is pulled off with the less advanced ships in the task force staying behind to draw Covenant fire and Picard's armada drawing a significant portion of hostile warships into this rift, escaping through space and time.

September 22, 2552
The remnants of Captain Picard's task force arrive in Earth orbit. And sending out a general distress call, the UNSC comes to their assistance in using Home Fleet as well as the 50 operational ODPs to thwart the Covenant before they can get word back to reinforcements.

The Q civilization has moved into the Age of Star Farmers as the Q stabilize them to control the evolution of the galaxy and creating for themselves a biosphere which has spanned over the Virgo Cluster.

The Q civilization has progressed into the Age of Galaxy Gardeners as the Q of this era alternate the formation of the galaxy to create artificial stars, and to engineer star systems, providing a continuous supply of resources.

The Q have advanced into the Age of Black-Hole Miners, creating satellite black holes and then manipulating them to guide the flow of matter into supermassive black holes in galaxies to harvest energy and resources while also having most shed their corporeal forms into the collective-conscious conflux state they term the "Continuum."

100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
The Q Continuum have reached the Age of Supercluster Black-Hole Miners as the Q from this era are moving the galactic black holes and mining the black holes created by collapsing galactic superclusters; the Q are also engaging in trivial civil wars, which seem pointless to later generations.

10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
The Q are in the Age of the Gravity Miner, as they are moving and merging black holes with masses of galactic superclusters together to form larger black holes in the effort to slow down the rate of the energy loss of the reachable universe as their brain functions even within the intangible state they occupy keep shifting, expanding out, taking on newer and greater dimensions.

1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
The Q have finally evolved into what could only be described as an "ascended" lossless computing substrate form, with each individual Q existing as a galaxy-spanning neutrino consciousness achieving perfect immortality as well as immunity to gravity from the heat death of the universe while retaining all knowledge via their neutrino database.
At some point the Q decide the universe without other life in it was a mistake they want to correct, and so, reach out their incorporeal touch to manipulate how the Big Bang in the Progenitor Universe occurred, and also affect the new multiversal structure spawned off it.
Saberian Dream
Redshirt

Post by Saberian Dream »

Here is what I need as a baseline. Calcs for each series. To see how I'm going to work this. I will use the official technical manuals for both Trek and Star Wars, with the caveat of adjusting them as needed, for example. Yes, Imperials and New Republicans are still superior to the Feds, but that could change over the course of the series. For example, having the Shadowfleet adopt quantum slipstream and transwarp technology, as I mention above. That could level the playing field in terms of speed calcs. I just need a basic overview of each race and organization in terms of firepower, shield power, and propulsion calcs.
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Okay, before you even start... we need to talk about this.
-Show Clark and the Psi Corps charting out other universes.
Because the Psi Corps and Clark did not actually get along very well. If you want to have the Director of the Psi Corps (a mundane, name of York) doing so with Clark, with orders to direct the telepaths he subjugates accordingly, that would be one thing. But the non-evil of the 18 someodd million inside the Psi Corps is something I have to stress. They're basically trying to survive a slow-burn genocide, and the Director has dictatorial powers and internal quislings. I can discuss this in far more detail if you want.

That having been said. In broad terms, the Earth Alliance and comparable powers (such as the Narn) have beam weapons in the hundreds of KT to single-digit MT per second range, depending on assumptions regarding materials and the proportion of vaporization vs melting we see. No shields, but they do have a technology that spreads the power of beam weapons out over the hulls of their ships. Plus the interceptors.

In terms of acceleration, they don't have artificial gravity but they do have inertial dampening. If they didn't they couldn't accelerate an Omega at even a fraction of a G force, which they clearly do, without turning it into a giant washing machine on tumble dry. Plus, their fighters are capable of acceleration of at least a thousand Gs (Season 2, Episode 22 wherein starfuries orbit Epsillon 3 to attack a Primus Class battlecruiser in under a minute, from a dead relative stop). I've calculated the acceleration of an Omega to be somewhere on the order of 200 Gs. My method for doing this is frame-by-frame analysis of angular size from exterior effects shots. Weapons ranges, while most combat takes place at knife-fight range due to most fighting happening around a gate, the Battle of Gorash VII during the Narn-Centauri War allows us to use some pretty fun geometry to get a handle on the effective range of Narn (and thus EA because the EA uses reverse engineered Narn-Centauri particle beams) weapons. At minimum you're looking at high fractions of a light-second. Probably around a light-second.

Saberian Dream
Redshirt

Post by Saberian Dream »

Thanks for the info on Clark and the Psi Corps. That said, it is something that will be revised much further down the line.

I have also reordered my foldspace multiverse structure, if anyone wants to see.

Here is my list of calcs, so far. Just to help me get a feel for this story.

Omega destroyers have gigaton mines.

The Gaim have bombs which can explode over a range of 500 or 600 megatons.

A Federation photon torpedo is capable of delivering 60 megatons at minimum setting.

The light guns for an Imperial Star Destroyer range around two to three gigatons and the heavy guns range near 100,000 gigatons.

For the Super Star Destroyer Executor, the light guns range around 250,000 gigatons and 9,000,000 gigatons for the heavy guns.

What about Covenant weapons? Or Asgard weapons?
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Saberian Dream wrote: 2019-10-05 08:12pm Thanks for the info on Clark and the Psi Corps. That said, it is something that will be revised much further down the line.

I have also reordered my foldspace multiverse structure, if anyone wants to see.

Here is my list of calcs, so far. Just to help me get a feel for this story.

Omega destroyers have gigaton mines.

The Gaim have bombs which can explode over a range of 500 or 600 megatons.

A Federation photon torpedo is capable of delivering 60 megatons at minimum setting.

The light guns for an Imperial Star Destroyer range around two to three gigatons and the heavy guns range near 100,000 gigatons.

For the Super Star Destroyer Executor, the light guns range around 250,000 gigatons and 9,000,000 gigatons for the heavy guns.

What about Covenant weapons? Or Asgard weapons?
I've never played Halo, so I can't say. Asgard weapons get *weird* and as far as I know, we never really see what they do to inert targets(or targets that can be reasonably inferred) though we do know that canonically they can weaponize their beaming technology pretty horrifically. EA mines and Gaim bombs are useful, but mines and bombs like that have rather limited utility in space combat. The energy weapons are going to be far more useful in terms of projecting power against an enemy.

As for the imperial stuff, those calculations are no longer cannon and bluntly I have zero confidence in the person who wrote them. They're not based on anything even close to what we've seen on screen. They're just pulled out of Saxton's fascist ass (Interest of full disclosure: I hate him personally.) And you seem to want to go up even farther than those for some reason.

To put those numbers in perspective for you, nine petatons is more than the energy released by the asteroid that took out the dinosaurs. The single-ignition of the death star superlaser we see in Rogue One did not do the amount of damage that you are claiming a single heavy turbolaser can do. That makes no sense.

Or we can take it further. An X wing is about 10 metric tonnes in mass, or 10,000,000 grams. That means that it were suddenly converted to energy an amount of energy would be released equal to about 10 gigatons of TnT. When an X-wing gets hit by a point defense gun on a stardestroyer, we shouldn't see it break apart or the pilot go down screaming to impact on the death star's surface. We should see a third of it's mass converted directly to energy, with the rest of the craft vaporizing. There are no materials possible that can absorb energy on that scale. It just isn't a thing. If we observed anything like that, sure we'd have to suspend disbelief, but we don't see anything of the sort.

As for the Corps, I'm basically writing Psi Corps War and Peace so it's kinda my baby.

Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Keep it simple re the Star Wars guns-- while it's certainly possible for an Executor to have much bigger light guns than an Imperial, why would it? Much easier to use off the rack hardware. An Executor doesn't necessarily have to have bigger guns than an Imperial... just more of them. Much more.

Also: Don't get too wrapped up in the calcs. That way lies bored readers, outside a very narrow slice of the population. Better (IMHO) to have more of a general idea of strengths, such as 'an ISD can probably match a couple of Galaxy Class Starships, but might struggle with three'. Numbers aren't the whole game, after all-- if they were, Luke would have never pranged the Death Star with a snubfighter ;)
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Saberian Dream
Redshirt

Post by Saberian Dream »

I mean, I flat-out REJET Disney canon. Sorry, Legends is what I'm going for. That said, I am willing to tweak the calcs for Star Wars ships. I think it would be logical for them to be on the same tier as Stargate races like the Asgard, as well as many Warhammer groups, but nevertheless, I want them to be above the local powers that only rule like a third or fourth of the galaxy in their region of space. They are more industrialized and have larger areas to cover, so it makes sense.

EDIT: One idea I am considering is that it would take a fleet of 20 or 30 Fed ships to beat a single ISD. You get the idea. What would be the calcs then? Btw, the calcs for me are like the timeline. For greater clarity as I write this, not necessarily something to put in the final draft.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

I agree with Elheru. As someone currently engaged in writing a multi-universe crossover (Stargate/BSG/Halo) consistency is more important than exact calculations, especially since a lot of these settings simply don't have accurate estimates of firepower/speed/toughness etc.

For my version, I came up with a rough equivalency of ships (one Terran Battlestar is pretty much equal to one Covenant battlecruiser, for instance) and stuck with that. Knowing precise yields or shield capacity is not actually needed. As long as you can describe the action well and keep things consistent, the readers won't care about how many gigatons your guns are - what matters will be not having situations where someone says "hold on, three chapters ago you said an ISD could do this but not that, but now it's doing that as well!" To quote TVTropes: "Magic A is Magic A."

Also, I applaud your ambition and the detailed outline you have, but keeping eight different universes straight is gonna be an utter bitch, not just to read but to write as well! I strongly recommend limiting things to one or two crossovers at a time (again, in my version it was BSG/Stargate in the first book before the second added Halo).

Finally, best advice I can give as an author, find a good beta reader who can help catch errors and continuity fluffs. Especially if English isn't your first language.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Saberian Dream
Redshirt

Post by Saberian Dream »

I am quite aware that eight universes are gonna be hard to write through, but I think it is just something I can manage. That's why I'm creating a detailed outline. I literally want this to be something never seen before. And like I said, I am inspired by The Rift Saga and Noble Ire's work on it. As you can no doubt tell, though, I was also inspired by other fanfics, like StarCrossed. :D

English is my only language, lol.

That said, I need help progressing into the next segment of the story. Namely, there are three things to wrap up that move into Part 2, the Cold War era and the technological arms race. They are:

1) How to deal with the stuff in the Babylon 5 universe, namely how the Centauri are still dominating the Narn, and Emperor Cartagia is still alive, as well as Mr. Morden. I think like in canon, Sheridan would rather, at first, resort to a war of information rather than actually attacking their own ships. That might change as Clark begins bombing civilian targets, but nevertheless, would the presence of these extragalactics convince him to, at least at first, moderate his tactics for a while? I'm convinced an ISN reporter may try and come to the station like canon, to see what the story is, and how they can twist it to suit Clark's propaganda.
2) How to deal with the stuff in the Star Trek universe. Remember this ends with the New Republic fleet coming into the Star Trek universe and beating back the Imperials, but then Vader returns to his universe to find it under siege by the Borg, and that's when the Shadows approach to offer him power and help with a partnership. This also sufficiently distracts the Galactic Empire until they can be dealt with. The superior firepower of the New Republic is precisely why they can enforce the Compact Treaty that lets the Dominion keep their holdings in the Alpha Quadrant, and to postpone future expansion, and the female Founder gives Weyoun the approval to do so.
3) How to deal with the Halo stuff, where the last ship of Picard's task force has made it to an Earth that is controlled by the UNSC. Since this leads to a decreasing of tension, I am thinking perhaps the New Republic as well as the Federation send what limited forces they can to fight the Covenant. That said, this takes place during the Battle of Installation 04, and I still need ways to bring Jacen into contact with Chief and Cortana. It is a month before Halo 2. How would the Starfleet ships reestablish contact with home base, though? I'm thinking perhaps ONI has had a Stargate in their possession for a while, but didn't know how to work it. I don't know. What do I do?
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

I'll echo what others have said consistency is much more important then precise calculations for what can do what. It's best to keep things vague like Elheru said this also allows you to focus on more important things like the characters and the story itself instead of getting bogged down on trivia that ultimately intrests only a fraction of your readers.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Saberian Dream
Redshirt

Post by Saberian Dream »

Even so, I still need help hammering out the details, hence why I brought it here. As I said, this is not JUST VS, as you can tell from the summary. And I need three things to deal with to cap off Part 1. One thing I totally forgot with the B5 portion is that William Edgars is still around and developing his telepath virus. How does that tie into everything up above?
Saberian Dream
Redshirt

Post by Saberian Dream »

Also, about Legends ships being that tough, perusing through Wookieepedia, you have to understand, it is probably through the use of hypermatter reactors. Seriously, that stuff is hardcore. Fusion drives would already be powerful enough (like the Earth Alliance and the UNSC have), so imagine how insanely strong hypermatter fusion would be? It accelerates up to infinite speed within a reactor. You may claim it's hyperbole all you want, but I'd say that would put the calcs as pretty accurate in terms of power. Now, they could be scaled down, certainly, and I am willing to do so. Up to a certain point. I do want the Star Wars ships to be really above the stuff from Star Trek on the Federation's tier, and the Younger Races of Babylon 5, and so on. It's, again, how they enforce the Compact Treaty. And yes, the photon torpedoes could have 60 megatons as a baseline setting. Meaning they could go much higher, and will probably have to. And like it nor, hypermatter reactors ARE canon. Granted, you could argue it is because they're too derivative of Legends, but the point remains.

VS isn't even the point. But like the timeline (in which a majority of it won't factor into the story itself, it is just to help me with clarity and focus to organize the narrative structure and where this story is going in terms of plot), a tier list is at least needed. To help me understand where things fit. I want the highly advanced Stargate races to be on the same tier as the Star Wars forces, and ditto for Warhammer 40,000, given their vast scope and the sheer military industrial might they have. That's really what I wanna discuss, not even getting into hardcore details, just a general framework to help me through this. :)
Saberian Dream
Redshirt

Post by Saberian Dream »

I have a few transcripts, if anybody wants to see them?