You are a Psi Cop (Babylon 5 RAR)

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

You are a Psi Cop (Babylon 5 RAR)

Post by FaxModem1 »

By act of Q messing in the Vorlons' domain, because he thinks it's funny, you are now a P12 telepath Psi Cop in the Psi Corps. Specifically, you are in Kelsey's place enroute to Babylon 5 just before the events of the episode Mind War, on the hunt for Jason Ironheart.

You are in ideal physical shape, and any previous ailments you had are gone.

What do you do? What do you not do? What do you try to achieve? Etc.

Have fun.
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Re: You are a Psi Cop (Babylon 5 RAR)

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Wow, I always wanted to be Felicity Waterman. Cool.

What do I not do, and what I try to achieve are pretty much the same thing: Avoid being killed by Jason Ironheart. Let Bastard, I mean Bester(sorry, Aly)do all the heavy lifting, while I change out of basic black, fuck off to the Zocalo, and seduce Ivanova.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

U.P. Cinnabar wrote: 2018-12-15 06:41pm Wow, I always wanted to be Felicity Waterman. Cool.

What do I not do, and what I try to achieve are pretty much the same thing: Avoid being killed by Jason Ironheart. Let Bastard, I mean Bester(sorry, Aly)do all the heavy lifting, while I change out of basic black, fuck off to the Zocalo, and seduce Ivanova.
Well, you are still you, unless you really want to be her. More power to you.
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

I'll need it, if I hope to seduce Ivanova.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Well here's what I'd do.

"Al, he just formed a telekinetic shield across half the station. He's beyond us. If he wants to finish 'Becoming', let him. We can put him to sleep and that process has already started. It's going to finish and we don't want to be around him when it does given the mind-quakes." Convince Bester that we actually need to go after the quislings in the Psi Corps who did that to Jason. Start working on ways of undermining Director York.

When the EA civil war and Shadow War happen, bring the Psi Corps in on the Shadow War in far greater numbers than they were in the main time line. In the EA civil war, feed Sheridan information until it comes time for the war to start with EarthGov. When they're in the middle of trying to fight off Sheridan, strike. End the war. Then, in exchange, leverage the massive support from the Army of Light earned in doing both of those things to ensure that the Psi Corps is granted sovereignty and ISA membership.
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
SpottedKitty
Jedi Master

Post by SpottedKitty »

Alyrium Denryle wrote: 2018-12-16 08:03pm "Al, he just formed a telekinetic shield across half the station. He's beyond us. If he wants to finish 'Becoming', let him. We can put him to sleep and that process has already started. It's going to finish and we don't want to be around him when it does given the mind-quakes." Convince Bester that we actually need to go after the quislings in the Psi Corps who did that to Jason. Start working on ways of undermining Director York.
Been a while since I last watched that episode; I can't remember whether Bester was actually in on the Corps conspiracy behind the Ironheart situation, or he was just doing his lovable old "<bleep> the mundanes" act on general principles. That would definitely affect whether or not he'd go along with this line of reasoning.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

SpottedKitty wrote: 2018-12-17 06:31pm
Alyrium Denryle wrote: 2018-12-16 08:03pm "Al, he just formed a telekinetic shield across half the station. He's beyond us. If he wants to finish 'Becoming', let him. We can put him to sleep and that process has already started. It's going to finish and we don't want to be around him when it does given the mind-quakes." Convince Bester that we actually need to go after the quislings in the Psi Corps who did that to Jason. Start working on ways of undermining Director York.
Been a while since I last watched that episode; I can't remember whether Bester was actually in on the Corps conspiracy behind the Ironheart situation, or he was just doing his lovable old "<bleep> the mundanes" act on general principles. That would definitely affect whether or not he'd go along with this line of reasoning.
He was not. Keep in mind, Ironheart was basically a paranoid schizophrenic by then. There's a reason Telekinetics tend to be bonkers. They can see force vectors and their minds can't handle that. He was seeing subatomic particles.

There are several different lines of experiments in the Corps. Some were put in place because the original Director was a vorlon agent prepping them for the Shadow War, but the machine didn't know its purpose after his departure and it got dual co-opted by the (mundane and telepath-hating) Director's office who are trying to mold telepaths to the needs of the state, and Psi Corps deep state of Psi Corps liberationists (which does not include Bester, he has his own little cabal of telepath supremacists) who are trying to (using volunteers and informed consent, which the directors office doesn't... that's what happened to Talia...) improve the abilities of telepaths and find ways to treat the psychological side-effects of some of the special talents (like TK and body-phasing).

Bester has volunteered for some experiments, but he isn't in on any of that.

Now, if you were a telepath in this universe... you're held in an institutional ghetto. That ghetto is your home and culture. Your people have zero rights, not even the right to justice because they're barred from ever testifying in court. They can't vote, they can't hold political opinions in public, they're forced to blind themselves to protect the privacy of mundanes who shout their thoughts at the top of their minds. They cannot own property and are barred from virtually all professions. They're subject to the Nuremberg Laws in other words. To top it all off, people hate you wherever you go, and you can feel it, hear it, see it. Hate crimes and sexual harassment by way invasive mental image are commonplace. If you're attacked, even a commercial telepath could kill a mundane with their mind and that includes you, but you're barred from using that even in self-defense.

That's your life.

You wouldn't like mundanes much either.
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Well, we know that the Psi Corps is involved in some capacity with Bureau 13, with their creation of Cyborg assassins for those who try and buck the status quo against the Earth Alliance. Such actions of pursuit against the conspirators might get you someone saying "Free telepaths" as they electrocute you with their hand.