Doctor Who Series 37 Episode 9- "It Takes You Away" Spoilers

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Doctor Who Series 37 Episode 9- "It Takes You Away" Spoilers

Post by Crazedwraith »

The penultimate episode of this series.

I shall be watching on iPlayer soon. Meanwhile have at it.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Re: Doctor Who Series 37 Episode 9- "It Takes You Away" Spoilers

Post by Broomstick »

Don't want to spoiler things too early, but I found this one the most satisfying so far. The Doctor and crew have an actual puzzle to solve, people to rescue, a trap to escape, and lacks excess exposition. I feel like this regeneration of the Doctor is starting to hit her stride. Which would be a shame if that is actually the case and Whittaker and Chibnall actually are both leaving at the end of this season, but who knows for sure?
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

A fucking frog though? Really? :lol:
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Bubblewrap spray-painted green? Really? [/Ark In Space reference]

I viewed it as a return to the notoriously bad BBC special effects of the old series. :lol:
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

Yeah, gone are the days when crappy low-budget VFX were part of the show's charm. Like TOS! :mrgreen:
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

EnterpriseSovereign wrote: 2018-12-03 04:45pm A fucking frog though? Really? :lol:
My wife loved the the God-Frog.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
B5B7
Jedi Knight

Post by B5B7 »

I liked this episode. It was more like watching a normal episode, where have a science mystery.
Amusing with the names of the father and daughter - as in the movie Hanna her father was also Erik and they were living in an isolated place.
TVWP: "Janeway says archly, "Sometimes it's the female of the species that initiates mating." Is the female of the species trying to initiate mating now? Janeway accepts Paris's apology and tells him she's putting him in for a commendation. The salamander sex was that good."
"Not bad - for a human"-Bishop to Ripley
GALACTIC DOMINATION Empire Board Game visit link below:
GALACTIC DOMINATION
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

Only caught the second half and my internet is down so no iPlayer for me.

Proper weird and i quite liked it. I hope frog solves its problems and returns.
And a painful high note for graham and ray!
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Graham is by far my favorite character of the show. The Doctor I found to be on the "meh" side. There's no gravitas in this incarnation of the Doctor, AFAIK. I'm hoping that next season, she'll improve.

On a positive note, Jodie has officially said that she's not leaving the show.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!