Gerry Anderson's Firestorm now in Ultramarionation

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

tezunegari
Jedi Knight

Gerry Anderson's Firestorm now in Ultramarionation

Post by tezunegari »

This is not CGI... it's Ultramarionation!

I really wish there were more shows made like this... or at least the old shows on TV/Streaming.
"Bring your thousands, I have my axe."
"Bring your cannons, I have my armor."
"Bring your mighty... I am my own champion."
Cue Unit-01 ramming half the Lance of Longinus down Adam's head and a bemused Gendo, "Wrong end, son."
Ikari Gendo, NGE Fanfiction "Standing Tall"
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Re: Gerry Anderson's Firestorm now in Ultramarionation

Post by LadyTevar »

All the cheesy Marionation goodness. I enjoyed it, but I keep thinking Nagisa was a guy for the first part. Really androgynous.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

tezunegari wrote: 2018-10-27 09:33pm This is not CGI... it's Ultramarionation!

I really wish there were more shows made like this... or at least the old shows on TV/Streaming.
To be followed by UFO, no doubt. Hell, Ed Bishop's acting was as wooden as when he played Captain White.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

U.P. Cinnabar wrote: 2018-10-27 10:34pm To be followed by UFO, no doubt. Hell, Ed Bishop's acting was as wooden as when he played Captain White.
UFO was a good show. A mix of horror and scifi that I thought worked well. Again, it was also Very British.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

I loved the show, just not Ed Bishop or his Straeker character. The tech was cool, and made me a bit sad that the real 1980 wasn't this way.

Fun Fact: Space:1999 was originally intended to be UFO's second season.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

It's like they couldn't decide whether they wanted to remake Terrahawks or do a third season of the Captain Scarlet reboot and tried to split the difference...
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog