The USS Enterprise is sent to assist the colony on Aegis 7 (Dead Space and Star Trek crosdover)

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Re: The USS Enterprise is sent to assist the colony on Aegis 7 (Dead Space and Star Trek crosdover)

Post by Lord Revan »

tezunegari wrote: 2018-09-17 01:34pm
Batman wrote: 2018-09-17 01:05pm Where's the Enterprise-F from (other than obviously Star Trek)?
Star Trek Online, there was a big competition for fans to design it.
I think FaxModem had an entry there.

And including the Ent-J would have been overkill... I don'T even know how Big the Ent-J is supposed to be.
according to official sources the overall length of the Universe class is 3219m so about 3 times the length of the Odyssey-class that's the largest ship in that pic
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Re: The USS Enterprise is sent to assist the colony on Aegis 7 (Dead Space and Star Trek crosdover)

Post by Lord Revan »

tezunegari wrote: 2018-09-17 01:34pm
Batman wrote: 2018-09-17 01:05pm Where's the Enterprise-F from (other than obviously Star Trek)?
Star Trek Online, there was a big competition for fans to design it.
I think FaxModem had an entry there.

And including the Ent-J would have been overkill... I don'T even know how Big the Ent-J is supposed to be.
FaxModem's designs became one of the SF command ships IIRC.
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
tezunegari
Jedi Knight

Post by tezunegari »

Lord Revan wrote: 2018-09-17 03:49pm
tezunegari wrote: 2018-09-17 01:34pm {...}
according to official sources the overall length of the Universe class is 3219m so about 3 times the length of the Odyssey-class that's the largest ship in that pic
Yeah. I found the info...
I also found a relatively good remake of the Kellion.
Eyeballing it with the Commander Hammond and an image of the bridge internals I'd say the Kellion is 40-41 meters long and 14 meters tall.

The three blobs behind the Ent-D saucer are from left to right: a shuttle, a Danube class Runabout and the Kellion.

I need a drink...
"Bring your thousands, I have my axe."
"Bring your cannons, I have my armor."
"Bring your mighty... I am my own champion."
Cue Unit-01 ramming half the Lance of Longinus down Adam's head and a bemused Gendo, "Wrong end, son."
Ikari Gendo, NGE Fanfiction "Standing Tall"
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Seeing the EJ in profile is actually fascinating next to the NX. Actually makes they look like s similar design lineage . (Though all the others look wildly different from them)
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Guys, not me. I'm nowhere near skilled enough to have submitted anything like that.

That said, yeah, the Enterprise, or almost any other Starfleet vessel, would have the initial team suffer from huge casualties, but some, if not most of the original team would be able to figure out what was going on. Heck, the ship might figure out what was going on just by scanning the artifact of doom and deciding that it needs to be dealt with before sending over any teams.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Valen the E-J is even uglier than I remember.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Thinking of Fractalsponge perhaps? Though I know there was more than one guy here who submitted entries. Bounty, for one.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

You're thinking of Fuzzy_Modem. He's in jail for unspeakable things.
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

Well, not using transporters can be easily be the result of whatever "interference of the week" shows up. That's the least objectionable part of this scenario IMO.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

NO. We get treated to an environment where those 'interferences of the week' semi-regularly pop up on the shows and guess what?Even in that environment 99 plus percent of the time transporters work just fine. He wants transporters out of the picture he better give a good reason why they'd be out of the picture.
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

Batman wrote: 2018-09-17 08:24pm NO. We get treated to an environment where those 'interferences of the week' semi-regularly pop up on the shows and guess what?Even in that environment 99 plus percent of the time transporters work just fine. He wants transporters out of the picture he better give a good reason why they'd be out of the picture.
Well, there are plenty of examples of transporters being inhibited / blocked by things and there is a fair amount of it which is naturally occurring:

http://stardestroyer.net/Empire/Databas ... mit=Submit

Radiation in particular seems to be an issue (which makes sense as far as Trek logic goes as the radiation would be interfering with the transporter beam). I'm not familiar with Dead Space; do they have the kind of tech where something like a leaking reactor could make transporter use hazardous? Or some other exotic phenomena?

Also, as Darth Wong pointed out it's usually easier to beam something in via transporters than beam something out. So perhaps it's more plausible to have a situation where the away team gets beamed in to investigate but retrieval proves difficult. Even a few seconds of delay would be enough to ensure some gold-shirts die horribly. :twisted:

Of course, this doesn't address all the other problems with this scenario.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
FancyDarcy
Youngling

Post by FancyDarcy »

While it appears the largest Enterprise, the Universe class Enterprise, the EJ is almost as big as the Ishimura and most likely would have some trouble fitting in the hangar bay, the original Enterprise looks like it could fit it's rear engine nacelles inside the hangar without too much difficulty, since I remember the Kellion had a fair amount of space to maneuver around in the hangar.

The reason for the docking procedure is as follows:

.1 the Enterprise is expensive and all care must be taken to look after it

2. whilst the Enterprise's engines will explode in a giant singularity that will devour entire systems, this process will take a long time and for now it's mostly stable but slowly deteriorating

3. it is well known that the Ishimura's engineering teams will be able to repair the Enterprise before the reactor goes critical and explodes. the reactor will also give warning signs before it explodes, ensuring the Ishimura can reach safety beforehand.

I guess it would have been better if I used the colonial Marines from Aliens or used Marines from dead space, or UNSC from Halo as I really wanted the rescue teams to be running around with flashlights in the darkness, stumbling and bumping into things while occasionally someone yells out and is dragged away into a ventilation shaft only for his severed head to roll out seconds later and the like.

I didn't realize all the Star Trek soldiers have super advanced x Ray vision allowing them to see through darkness, smoke and walls and phaser guns to kill the necromorphs before they were even aware of a human presence.

Uh, I mean, the Enterprise will arrive before the necromorphs completely overrun the colony and the Ishimura, in fact, the scenario I chose still has civilians on the colony smiling and talking to each other and drinking coffee in cafes and P sec is still in control, it's basically life as normal. I had this hilarious vision in my head of the Star Trek command team being shown around the colony by P sec when suddenly the power cuts out, and redshirts, civilians and some P sec begin tearing and biting at each other like madmen in the darkness as Picard, Kirk, Wolf, Data and the others stumble through dismembered corpses as and listen as awful abominations go bump in the night.
tezunegari
Jedi Knight

Post by tezunegari »

I apologize for the mass use of smileys.
FancyDarcy wrote: 2018-10-03 03:16am While it appears the largest Enterprise, the Universe class Enterprise, the EJ is almost as big as the Ishimura and most likely would have some trouble fitting in the hangar bay,
:banghead:
The Universe class Enterprise (NCC-1701-J) is twice as long as the Ishimura...
I think you should consider a appointment with an optrician.
FancyDarcy wrote: 2018-10-03 03:16am the original Enterprise looks like it could fit it's rear engine nacelles inside the hangar without too much difficulty,
Why would someone put the nacelles into a shuttlebay?!
FancyDarcy wrote: 2018-10-03 03:16am since I remember the Kellion had a fair amount of space to maneuver around in the hangar.
The Kellion is a bit bigger than a Danube class Runabout... if you need the crew to use the Ishimura hangar make them use a fucking shuttle.
FancyDarcy wrote: 2018-10-03 03:16am The reason for the docking procedure is as follows:
*points at transporter*
Really... make yourself familiar with the fucking franchise before making a crossover/mash-up of them.
FancyDarcy wrote: 2018-10-03 03:16am .1 the Enterprise is expensive and all care must be taken to look after it
That's why you do not make the ship a fucking target by squeezing the nacelles of the ship into a fucking shuttle hangar during a mission.
YOU KEEP IT AT DISTANCE WHERE IT CAN TAKE A DEFENSIVE POSTURE AND RENDER AID TO THE SHIP IT IS SEND TO INVESTIGATE!
FancyDarcy wrote: 2018-10-03 03:16am 2. whilst the Enterprise's engines will explode in a giant singularity that will devour entire systems, this process will take a long time and for now it's mostly stable but slowly deteriorating
Watch Star Trek Generations... the Enterprise D suffers a warp core breach in orbit of a planet.
The planet survives without any damage safe for the Saucer section crashing on it - which is negligible in planetary scales.
FancyDarcy wrote: 2018-10-03 03:16am 3. it is well known that the Ishimura's engineering teams will be able to repair the Enterprise before the reactor goes critical and explodes. the reactor will also give warning signs before it explodes, ensuring the Ishimura can reach safety beforehand.
Why would there be a need for Ishimura engineers to repair the Enterprise?!
The ship has a bloody department full of people that can do that. It's called Engineering.
FancyDarcy wrote: 2018-10-03 03:16am I guess it would have been better if I used the colonial Marines from Aliens or used Marines from dead space, or UNSC from Halo as I really wanted the rescue teams to be running around with flashlights in the darkness, stumbling and bumping into things while occasionally someone yells out and is dragged away into a ventilation shaft only for his severed head to roll out seconds later and the like.
Familiarize yourself with the franchises before writing anything.
Watch a few episodes of the Enterprise you want to use... or at least read a lot of Memory-Alpha for Star Trek.
FancyDarcy wrote: 2018-10-03 03:16am I didn't realize all the Star Trek soldiers have super advanced x Ray vision allowing them to see through darkness, smoke and walls and phaser guns to kill the necromorphs before they were even aware of a human presence.
They don't have x-Ray vision. At least none of the races making up the Federation have been shown to have it.
THEY HAVE TRICORDERS AND A FUCKING SHIP NEXT TO THE ISHIMURA!

Again, familiarize yourself with the Star Trek technology and what kind of tools they have because an Away Team would use them.
FancyDarcy wrote: 2018-10-03 03:16am Uh, I mean, the Enterprise will arrive before the necromorphs completely overrun the colony and the Ishimura, in fact, the scenario I chose still has civilians on the colony smiling and talking to each other and drinking coffee in cafes and P sec is still in control, it's basically life as normal. I had this hilarious vision in my head of the Star Trek command team being shown around the colony by P sec when suddenly the power cuts out, and redshirts, civilians and some P sec begin tearing and biting at each other like madmen in the darkness as Picard, Kirk, Wolf, Data and the others stumble through dismembered corpses as and listen as awful abominations go bump in the night.
Why are Kirk and Picard in the same time? They are from two different eras in Star Trek.

And the first thing Kirk or Picard would do is contact the Enterprise.
Either per handheld communicator (Kirk) or per his com-Badge (Picard).
And if they don't WORF or Data would.
Also it's highly likely that the Enterprise is keeping an eye (or sensor) on the Ishimura and the colony and would notice a sudden power outtage making them contact the Away Team.

As a final note:
Watch a few (as in a lot) of Star Trek Episodes.
TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY to get a handle on how Starfleet would react in a situation.
Then you can approcimate how they would react in your scenario.
"Bring your thousands, I have my axe."
"Bring your cannons, I have my armor."
"Bring your mighty... I am my own champion."
Cue Unit-01 ramming half the Lance of Longinus down Adam's head and a bemused Gendo, "Wrong end, son."
Ikari Gendo, NGE Fanfiction "Standing Tall"
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Boarding of the USS Glen gave us an idea what Starfleet would do in a situation like this, the USS Discovery didn't try to ram itself into the shuttle bay of the USS Glen or try to dock with it, but rather they sent 1 shuttle with 6-7 people on it (Landry, Stamets, Tilly, Burnham and 2-3 nameless redshirts) all armed and equipted with tricoders.

As for the Enterprises they're wider then the main hull of the Ishimura at the part of the shuttlebay, after all the Ishimura while long and tall isn't all that wide (well the main hull isn't, the mining arms are but they're also irrelevant for this discussion).

EDIT: the saucer of the Universe is longer then the shuttlebay part of the Ishimura and the Universe is really wide compared to its length.
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

FancyDarcy wrote: 2018-10-03 03:16am the original Enterprise looks like it could fit it's rear engine nacelles inside the hangar without too much difficulty,
1 - That's stupid.
2 - The only Enterprise that matters here is the Enterprise-D. Because that's the one from your opening post.
3 - The bit that explodes is the bit with all the antimatter in it. The warp core. As in, they only have one. Also it can be ejected to save the rest of the ship.
I didn't realize all the Star Trek soldiers have super advanced x Ray vision allowing them to see through darkness, smoke and walls and phaser guns to kill the necromorphs before they were even aware of a human presence.

Uh, I mean, the Enterprise will arrive before the necromorphs completely overrun the colony and the Ishimura, in fact, the scenario I chose still has civilians on the colony smiling and talking to each other and drinking coffee in cafes and P sec is still in control, it's basically life as normal. I had this hilarious vision in my head of the Star Trek command team being shown around the colony by P sec when suddenly the power cuts out, and redshirts, civilians and some P sec begin tearing and biting at each other like madmen in the darkness as Picard, Kirk, Wolf, Data and the others stumble through dismembered corpses as and listen as awful abominations go bump in the night.
I suggest you go watch the three opening episodes of DS9 season 2: "The Homecoming", "The Circle" and "The Siege". They show two very important things for this scenario:
- That the sensors on a runabout are capable of finding a group of one species on a planet populated by another. The sensors of a larger starship would be much better.
- How Starfleet behaves in a civil unrest scenario.
tezunegari wrote: 2018-10-03 01:45pm Why are Kirk and Picard in the same time? They are from two different eras in Star Trek.
It goes beyond him not having watched Star Trek. Just look at the list of characters he gave in his opening post. He managed to list Picard twice, then a third time as a changeling.
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Why the everloving fuck would the Big E's engines exploding result in a fucking singularity? We've seen scores of Warp core breaches over the decades and ALL that ever happened was the damned ship exploding.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Batman wrote: 2018-10-03 03:59pm Why the everloving fuck would the Big E's engines exploding result in a fucking singularity? We've seen scores of Warp core breaches over the decades and ALL that ever happened was the damned ship exploding.
You realize that person who claimed that also claimed that ENT-J would fit into shuttlebay that's only a small portion of the total lenght of the Ishimura, dispite the Universe being longer then the Ishimura (as everyone can clearly see) and probably as wide as the Ishimura is long.
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

FancyDarcy wrote:John Luke decides to send the emergency shuttle planetside, containing the main cast of Star Trek including characters like Lieutenant Worf, Data, acting captain Picard, Jean Luc Picard, Kirk T James, Guilian, James Wesley, Leonard, Scotty, William Eiker, chief medical officer Beverely Crusher, Deanna Troi, and a changeling disguised as John Luke...
I'm actually more interested in trying to figure out who will ultimately take charge, as we have 4 captains (well, one of the Picards is an acting captain apparently) plus a changeling disguised as a captain. And some guy named Guilian? Not aware of any Guilian in Star Trek, so I'll just assume he's really a time-displaced football coach Guilian Gary, who has also been promoted to captain because why not?

And then there's James Wesley, right-hand man to the Kingpin. He gets bonus points for not only time-travelling to the future, but crossing universes. Maybe he'll try take over as XO? Or at least gain the ear of, one of the captains?

Incidentally the changeling might be a major issue depending on its plans.
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

I don't remember any Captain James in Star Trek.

A fight between a necromorph and a changeling should be fun to watch.
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Tribble wrote: 2018-10-03 10:14pm
FancyDarcy wrote:John Luke decides to send the emergency shuttle planetside, containing the main cast of Star Trek including characters like Lieutenant Worf, Data, acting captain Picard, Jean Luc Picard, Kirk T James, Guilian, James Wesley, Leonard, Scotty, William Eiker, chief medical officer Beverely Crusher, Deanna Troi, and a changeling disguised as John Luke...
I'm actually more interested in trying to figure out who will ultimately take charge, as we have 4 captains (well, one of the Picards is an acting captain apparently) plus a changeling disguised as a captain. And some guy named Guilian? Not aware of any Guilian in Star Trek, so I'll just assume he's really a time-displaced football coach Guilian Gary, who has also been promoted to captain because why not?

And then there's James Wesley, right-hand man to the Kingpin. He gets bonus points for not only time-travelling to the future, but crossing universes. Maybe he'll try take over as XO? Or at least gain the ear of, one of the captains?

I think he meant Guinan. The bartender. Why she would be on an away mission is beyond me.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Lord Revan wrote: 2018-10-03 08:20pm
Batman wrote: 2018-10-03 03:59pm Why the everloving fuck would the Big E's engines exploding result in a fucking singularity? We've seen scores of Warp core breaches over the decades and ALL that ever happened was the damned ship exploding.
You realize that person who claimed that also claimed that ENT-J would fit into shuttlebay that's only a small portion of the total lenght of the Ishimura, dispite the Universe being longer then the Ishimura (as everyone can clearly see) and probably as wide as the Ishimura is long.
To add

There's 2 instances of singularities caused by ships that last once the ship that caused it was removed from the battlefield. First is the Red Matter and that was purpose built and designed to cause a singularity not a side effect of the reactor going boom, second in the reactor breach of ships using singularity drives in STO (aka in ST EU) and there when in space the singularity "sucks in" the ship and then collapses as it doesn't have enough mass to sustain itself and this happens in seconds, aso the Ishimura wouldn't have even close to enough mass to sustain a singularity.

Standard Warp Cores have never been shown to be able to create singularities.
FancyDarcy
Youngling

Post by FancyDarcy »

tezunegari wrote: 2018-10-03 01:45pm I apologize for the mass use of smileys.
FancyDarcy wrote: 2018-10-03 03:16am While it appears the largest Enterprise, the Universe class Enterprise, the EJ is almost as big as the Ishimura and most likely would have some trouble fitting in the hangar bay,
The Universe class Enterprise (NCC-1701-J) is twice as long as the Ishimura...
I think you should consider a appointment with an optrician.
Of course, I was just joking. It'd still be hilarious to watch the expressions on the Ishimura's crew faces as the Universe Enterprise tried to back into their hangar bay.
Why would someone put the nacelles into a shuttlebay?![/quote][/quote]

Well, that's where the ADS cannons fired at when the maniac took over the ADS control deck. The shells must be a few inches in diameter of solid steel and would do awful damage to the unshielded Enterprise, assuming Shields work against kinetic weapons and that the nacelles can be shielded. Anyway, the nacelles were hit and suffered branches and fires which needed to be repaired, before they blew up.

John Luke, who is the same character of Jean Luc before I realized they were the same character because of the odd pronunciation (they've never pronounced it as gee-Ann luck) had read about the Ishimura's shuttle doors in a historical book on starships, and memorized the modular shuttle doors which can clamp around odd shaped objects, such as the Enterprise's nacelles, meaning that the shuttle bay can be pressurized so engineers don't need to wear their hardsuits when working on the nacelles.
FancyDarcy wrote: 2018-10-03 03:16am since I remember the Kellion had a fair amount of space to maneuver around in the hangar.
The Kellion is a bit bigger than a Danube class Runabout... if you need the crew to use the Ishimura hangar make them use a fucking shuttle.[/quote]
[/quote]
Well I did that, as they send one full Star Trek cast to the surface and another to the Ishimura. The reason they're putting the nacelles inside the hangar is because they've been damaged and must be repaired quickly. T the Ishimura's XO contacted the Enterprise and profusely apologized and offered a 'repair job' free of charge, and Picard couldn't help but accept, since the more engineers working on the nacelles, the faster they're be stabilized and repaired.
FancyDarcy wrote: 2018-10-03 03:16am .1 the Enterprise is expensive and all care must be taken to look after it
That's why you do not make the ship a fucking target by squeezing the nacelles of the ship into a fucking shuttle hangar during a mission.
YOU KEEP IT AT DISTANCE WHERE IT CAN TAKE A DEFENSIVE POSTURE AND RENDER AID TO THE SHIP IT IS SEND TO INVESTIGATE![/quote]

[/quote]
Since the Enterprise was severely damaged but able to be repaired, Picard decided to duck inside the hangar bay for a speedier repair. I mean, the Ishimura's security team will be guarding the hangar bay with three teams of four and watching over the cameras, and the Enterprise's own security and shuttle crew will be keeping tight watch over the nacelles, so what could possibly go wrong?

FancyDarcy wrote: 2018-10-03 03:16am 3. it is well known that the Ishimura's engineering teams will be able to repair the Enterprise before the reactor goes critical and explodes. the reactor will also give warning signs before it explodes, ensuring the Ishimura can reach safety beforehand.
Why would there be a need for Ishimura engineers to repair the Enterprise?!
The ship has a bloody department full of people that can do that. It's called Engineering.[/quote]

From what I've seen of the engineering bay in the Enterprise, it's more suited for 'softer' repairs on interior modules and electronics rather than physical damage from weapons impacts. I've never seen them wearing a space suit before except in those episodes with Khan fighting the Enterprise where engineering had people in white EVA suits. It seems like any breaches would just be filled up with some sort of futuristic sealant or glue or a plate welded into position if it was large enough.
FancyDarcy wrote: 2018-10-03 03:16am Uh, I mean, the Enterprise will arrive before the necromorphs completely overrun the colony and the Ishimura, in fact, the scenario I chose still has civilians on the colony smiling and talking to each other and drinking coffee in cafes and P sec is still in control, it's basically life as normal. I had this hilarious vision in my head of the Star Trek command team being shown around the colony by P sec when suddenly the power cuts out, and redshirts, civilians and some P sec begin tearing and biting at each other like madmen in the darkness as Picard, Kirk, Wolf, Data and the others stumble through dismembered corpses as and listen as awful abominations go bump in the night.
Why are Kirk and Picard in the same time? They are from two different eras in Star Trek.[/quote]

I thought it'd be best to give the Star Trek side most of their most well known main characters as they seem to be the most powerful.

And the first thing Kirk or Picard would do is contact the Enterprise.
Either per handheld communicator (Kirk) or per his com-Badge (Picard).
And if they don't WORF or Data would.
Also it's highly likely that the Enterprise is keeping an eye (or sensor) on the Ishimura and the colony and would notice a sudden power outtage making them contact the Away Team.

As a final note:
Watch a few (as in a lot) of Star Trek Episodes.
TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY to get a handle on how Starfleet would react in a situation.
Then you can approcimate how they would react in your scenario.

[/quote]

I've watched a few one the best and most exciting episodes like Conspiracy, the tribble episode and some others. I wonder what would have happened if Kirk in Conspiracy had actually been infected with the parasite when he beamed down with Picard. How would have Picard reacted? Could he have fought all of the worm people and won? What if when Kirk was being choked by the worm man, instead of grabbing the phaser, Picard was suddenly out of breath from all the exhaustion and had to take a breather?
? [/quote]

Hmm.. well, on the episode of Space Seed, Khan says to Kirk that his ships power core will explode into a falling star, and don't driving stars sometimes turn into singularities/black holes?
Tribble wrote: 2018-10-03 10:14pm

Well, the changeling should be working under John Luke's orders and only looking like the captain in appearance and mannerisms so that the colonists and the Ishimura both get to meet the captain. Picard also read in a science fiction book named Sun Hike where the main characters or important characters usually survived longer and were generally luckier and tougher, so he recruited a changeling and told him to take the appearance of various main characters.
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

FancyDarcy wrote:
Of course, I was just joking. It'd still be hilarious to watch the expressions on the Ishimura's crew faces as the Universe Enterprise tried to back into their hangar bay.
As others have pointed out several times, there is no reason why the crew would deliberately try to park in an unknown ship's hangar bay. A hangar bay which incidentally is smaller than the Enterprise-D (which is the ship where your scenario would have to take place on given the crew).
FancyDarcy wrote: Well, that's where the ADS cannons fired at when the maniac took over the ADS control deck. The shells must be a few inches in diameter of solid steel and would do awful damage to the unshielded Enterprise, assuming Shields work against kinetic weapons and that the nacelles can be shielded. Anyway, the nacelles were hit and suffered branches and fires which needed to be repaired, before they blew up.
Assuming that the cannons are powerful enough to do damage... it still wouldn't pan out this way. ST shields block kinetic weapons. The Enterprise wouldn't just sit there getting shot at. And in any event, the act of firing on the Enterprise makes it clear that the ship is hostile and they would take the necessary precautions.
FancyDarcy wrote: John Luke, who is the same character of Jean Luc before I realized they were the same character because of the odd pronunciation (they've never pronounced it as gee-Ann luck) had read about the Ishimura's shuttle doors in a historical book on starships, and memorized the modular shuttle doors which can clamp around odd shaped objects, such as the Enterprise's nacelles, meaning that the shuttle bay can be pressurized so engineers don't need to wear their hardsuits when working on the nacelles.

See above.
FancyDarcy wrote: Well I did that, as they send one full Star Trek cast to the surface and another to the Ishimura. The reason they're putting the nacelles inside the hangar is because they've been damaged and must be repaired quickly. T the Ishimura's XO contacted the Enterprise and profusely apologized and offered a 'repair job' free of charge, and Picard couldn't help but accept, since the more engineers working on the nacelles, the faster they're be stabilized and repaired.
They wouldn't be damaged in the way described, and even if they were they would repair the nacelles without going onboard an obviously hostile ship.
FancyDarcy wrote: Since the Enterprise was severely damaged but able to be repaired, Picard decided to duck inside the hangar bay for a speedier repair. I mean, the Ishimura's security team will be guarding the hangar bay with three teams of four and watching over the cameras, and the Enterprise's own security and shuttle crew will be keeping tight watch over the nacelles, so what could possibly go wrong?

Again, apart from the ridiculous idea of the Enterprise just sitting there getting shot at until the nacelles blow up, they wouldn't try docking their ship with an obviously hostile vessel. If the nacelles were damaged to the point of needing a starbase for repair they'd just request a tow.

FancyDarcy wrote:From what I've seen of the engineering bay in the Enterprise, it's more suited for 'softer' repairs on interior modules and electronics rather than physical damage from weapons impacts. I've never seen them wearing a space suit before except in those episodes with Khan fighting the Enterprise where engineering had people in white EVA suits. It seems like any breaches would just be filled up with some sort of futuristic sealant or glue or a plate welded into position if it was large enough.

Voyager has made repairs (usually between episodes) of visible hull damage without being anywhere near a starbase. Just because the episode didn't bother showing hours of repair work doesn't mean it can't be done.
FancyDarcy wrote:
I thought it'd be best to give the Star Trek side most of their most well known main characters as they seem to be the most powerful.
More accurately, it means you have zero clue about the franchise.

FancyDarcy wrote:I've watched a few one the best and most exciting episodes like Conspiracy, the tribble episode and some others.
Neither of those episodes involves away missions.
FancyDarcy wrote:I wonder what would have happened if Kirk in Conspiracy had actually been infected with the parasite when he beamed down with Picard.

How would have Picard reacted? Could he have fought all of the worm people and won? What if when Kirk was being choked by the worm man, instead of grabbing the phaser, Picard was suddenly out of breath from all the exhaustion and had to take a breather?
Kirk wasn't in Conspiracy you idiot. He's the captain of the Enterprise on TOS. You are clearly referring to Riker, The Enterprise D's first officer on TNG. And Picard beamed down by himself to Starfleet HQ; Riker came later. You obviously haven't even seen the episode.
FancyDarcy wrote: Hmm.. well, on the episode of Space Seed, Khan says to Kirk that his ships power core will explode into a falling star, and don't driving stars sometimes turn into singularities/black holes?

Watch all the standard warp core breaches in Trek; none involve a singularity afterwards. Hell, Romulan warbirds are powered by singularities, and those singularities apparently dissipate if the ship is destroyed.
FancyDarcy wrote: Well, the changeling should be working under John Luke's orders and only looking like the captain in appearance and mannerisms so that the colonists and the Ishimura both get to meet the captain.
Instead of just, you know, talking to them via communicator / viewscreen? Or meeting them in person?

And no changeling would voluntarily work for a solid in that fashion.
FancyDarcy wrote:Picard also read in a science fiction book named Sun Hike where the main characters or important characters usually survived longer and were generally luckier and tougher, so he recruited a changeling and told him to take the appearance of various main characters.
What are you smoking?

If you want people to suspend disbelief and take a serious look at your scenario, you need to

A) have a proper understanding about the universes you are talking about and
B) have them react realistically

Your scenario does neither, though to be fair it's still nowhere near "jackets make you colder" levels of stupidity... yet.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

I have to wonder how one who actually watched Star Trek could mistake Kirk for Riker even clean shaved Riker. Not only do they dress totally differently (yellow/gold shirt and black pants versus mostly red uniform with few black pants), the asthetic for the series are totally different (due to TOS having been made in late 1960s and TNG in late 1980s and early to mid 1990s).

For a proper versus you need more then "I had some episodes running in the blackround once".
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Did he just try to bring Star Hyke into the discussion?!
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford