How do you deal with Anthony Fremont?(RAR)

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

How do you deal with Anthony Fremont?(RAR)

Post by FaxModem1 »

Anthony Fremont is now a kid in your neighborhood. Your new next door neighbor in fact. One day, he wishes the rest of the world away, or takes your town(or your part of the city) to an empty world, it's unclear.

And for those unfamiliar, Anthony Fremont is an iconic character from The Twilight Zone episode It's a Good Life. Anthony is a super-powerful psychic kid who can hear other people's thoughts, and can wish whatever he wants into being (or wish others out of existence), as well as the ability to transform others into whatever his imagination wants.

What do you do?
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Re: How do you deal with Anthony Fremont?(RAR)

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Use one of the neighbors as bait, and kill the little bastard while he's distracted.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

U.P. Cinnabar wrote: 2018-07-15 03:03pm Use one of the neighbors as bait, and kill the little bastard while he's distracted.
You're a bad man. A very bad man. *whoosh into cornfield*

Anthony might pick up on your hostile intentions and get rid of you before your distraction. And would you even have time to get some neighbor to volunteer before he detected your hostile thoughts? Even if you did, what person would volunteer, as being in Anthony's crosshairs isn't exactly something a lot of people would want to do.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Well we're basically up agaisnt an actual God. I'd say there's fuck-all we can do short of building a sufficiently large bomb as a suicide device that it'll take him out as collateral damage.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

FaxModem1 wrote: 2018-07-15 03:44pm
U.P. Cinnabar wrote: 2018-07-15 03:03pm Use one of the neighbors as bait, and kill the little bastard while he's distracted.
You're a bad man. A very bad man. *whoosh into cornfield*

Anthony might pick up on your hostile intentions and get rid of you before your distraction. And would you even have time to get some neighbor to volunteer before he detected your hostile thoughts? Even if you did, what person would volunteer, as being in Anthony's crosshairs isn't exactly something a lot of people would want to do.
Who said anything about getting him to volunteer?! And who did you think slipped my music loving neighbor that CD for his birthday? Not to mention that killer sound system...

Seriously, it appeared Anthony fixated himself on the objects of his rage/tender mercies, and that plan is dependent on whether or not he can multi task. He is six years old, after all.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

Well this one is going to turn nasty real quick for me since I live in the middle of Toronto. Food is going to run out real fast, particularly since the little bastard apparently dislikes electronics and machines and will disable them. Cue millions starving to death while he wishes others into the cornfield. And even if we do somehow manage to kill him, most of us will still die because there is no known way for us to get back, nor any way to replace all the electronics / machines he wiped out. Hell, according to the wiki apparently even he can't get us back as it was his daughter who eventually restored everyone and returned the town to the rest of the world. We're pretty screwed.

My best case scenario is that events play out similarly to the second episode, with him and his daughter eventually getting lonely and then wishing everyone back and bringing Toronto back into the real world. I'll probably die in the initial chaos, but at least I'll come back in the end. After that, with any luck I may be able to escape his psychic range and convince a government to call in a drone strike or something.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

I'd become his closest sycophant.