Teaser for "Bumblebee" (Transformers 6)

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

applejack
Padawan Learner

Teaser for "Bumblebee" (Transformers 6)

Post by applejack »

So this Christmas:

The fact that this movie's director, Travis Knight, also directed Kubo and the Two Strings makes me actually want to see this. I haven't even bothered to watch the two previous Transformer films.
Dear Lord, the gods have been good to me. As an offering, I present these milk and cookies. If you wish me to eat them instead, please give me no sign whatsoever *pauses* Thy will be done *munch munch munch*. - Homer Simpson
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Re: Teaser for "Bumblebee" (Transformers 6)

Post by Q99 »

Pretty much every TF fan I know is reacting with 'pleasant surprise.'

And a fair amount of cognitive dissonance. A TF movie... that looks *good*?
applejack
Padawan Learner

Post by applejack »

New trailer is out.

I gotta say, Shockwave is my favorite transformer aesthetically, and I'm glad to see what looks like a pretty faithful recreation of his G1 design. Original Soundwave and the Cybertron war scenes were pretty awesome too.
Dear Lord, the gods have been good to me. As an offering, I present these milk and cookies. If you wish me to eat them instead, please give me no sign whatsoever *pauses* Thy will be done *munch munch munch*. - Homer Simpson
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

"You could never get the G1 designs to work in a live action movie" -People of a decade ago, proven wrong.

Again, reception is overwhelmingly positive! This looks like the TF movie people wanted.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Oh this looks like it might not be actively terrible!

They should really make the plot about how the US government wants to arrest Bumblebee for cheating his emissions tests though. I want that or I want Decepticons hoarding purple bricks.

Also lol, anyone else thinking about how Wolverine came to dominate the X-man franchise when they saw this?
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

Is this part of the Bayformers continuity? The G1 like designs does it for me, given I grew up watching G1 Transformers.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Its billed as a prequel to bayformers but Bay himself is only loosely attached as a producers.

There's been speculation that if it does well it will serve as a stealth reboot.
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

It's loosely so, but 1) it takes place before them so it doesn't need to reference them, and 2) it's a pretty loose continuity to begin with.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Q99 wrote: 2018-10-22 01:51am It's loosely so, but 1) it takes place before them so it doesn't need to reference them, and 2) it's a pretty loose continuity to begin with.
You could say that about pretty much the entirety of Transformers continuity from what I understand anyway...
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
amigocabal
Jedi Knight

Post by amigocabal »

i definitely enjoyed the movie, especially the part where those two Decepticons actually asked for help from the U.S. military for assistance in tracking down Bumblebee. (If only a similar plot device was used at the beginning of the original series.)

And of course, i liked the chemistry between Bumblebee and Charlie.

There is an indirect reference to The Last Knight.
Spoiler
Bumblebee speaks English on his first encounter in the film. TLK shows he had been on Earth before.
Lost Soal
Sith Devotee

Post by Lost Soal »

You have Bayformers setups such as the Radio voice and him turning into a corvette but at the same time there are enough changes by the end that it could be a reboot Spoiler
The cube does not bring them to Earth in this and there is no mention or hint of a time jump meaning Prime and the rest of the Autobots arrive in 87 rather than bumblebee sitting around for 20yrs
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Ancient Egyptian Blessing

Ivanova is always right.
I will listen to Ivanova.
I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God.
AND, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out! - Babylon 5 Mantra

There is no "I" in TEAM. There is a ME however.
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

Finally, the classic VW bettle! I hope to see the new beetle design too.

Starscream and Soundwave look awesome! I also caught Shockwave in the background. Holy shit, this looks fucking awesome. Definitely how they should have made the Tramnsformers the first time around.
phred
Jedi Knight

Post by phred »

Solid movie. Or at least not the shit that the previous movies were? I may have to watch it again at some point to get better perspective, but at least I would be willing to bother. That first scene which was basically lifted from the original cartoon was pretty awesome. Having fight scenes where you can tell the robots apart was refreshing.

Holy shit that soundtrack though. Also living where the movie was filmed it's amusing to watch car chases through wildly varying locations.
"Siege warfare, French for spawn camp" WTYP podcast

It's so bad it wraps back around to awesome then back to bad again, then back to halfway between awesome and bad. Like if ed wood directed a godzilla movie - Duckie