A glimpse of the future: your discovery by the Inheritors (RAR!)

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Zor
Sith Acolyte

A glimpse of the future: your discovery by the Inheritors (RAR!)

Post by Zor »

In this scenario you are given a vision of a world long after you have died. More specifically about 18 milion years after you had shaken off this mortal coil. Your body left in peace for myriad millenia before someone found you. Specifically this lady...
...out on a paleontological dig along with a few dozen of her colleagues in their survey, all of which are of the same species which are descendants of Rattus Norvegicus. She admires your skull, puts it away for cataloguing and eventually pays a couple of week's wages to have it put up in her apartment as a conversation piece to get visitors interested in her passion for paleontology and in particular of the long extinct Monkey People, which becomes a prized heirloom for her pups and their descendants.

What would you say of such a vision of the future?

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/ind
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/tra
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Re: A glimpse of the future: your discovery by the Inheritors (RAR!)

Post by FaxModem1 »

"Man, maybe I shouldn't have ordered from that restaurant if it causes hallucinations", and move on with my day.
tezunegari
Jedi Knight

Post by tezunegari »

"I could have dreamed about the swedish female volleyball team kidnapping me and doing unspeakable things to me as team building excercise... but no, I had to dream about bloody Skaven."
"Bring your thousands, I have my axe."
"Bring your cannons, I have my armor."
"Bring your mighty... I am my own champion."
Cue Unit-01 ramming half the Lance of Longinus down Adam's head and a bemused Gendo, "Wrong end, son."
Ikari Gendo, NGE Fanfiction "Standing Tall"
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Well, Zor, I figured it would be either the rats, the roaches, or the pigeons that would survive us, so no surprise there.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Thats not too bad. Evolved Rats at least have the physical ability to not just have "A" civilization but enough of a civilization to hopefully get past where we screwed up. Humans had their chance, let the Rats conquer the stars!
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

The question is, did human make the stars, leave the world to the rat, and now abduct them and conduct anal probe research?
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.