Alternate Marvel Future speculation

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Themightytom
Sith Devotee

Alternate Marvel Future speculation

Post by Themightytom »

So obvious spoilers ahead for the current season of Marvel: Agents of Shield

The alternate future featured in the first half the season focused on the Agents but would clearly affect the entire Marvel universe. There aren't any references to the Avenger, the Asgard, Wakanda or other major movie events so either the shield agents have missed a LOT in the framework, or a lot of it hasn't happened yet, so if the Earth breaks apart what is interrupted or changed entirely?
Does the Hulk stay lost? Does Odin die on Earth, unfound? Does Hela make it back to Asgard without hitching a ride? Can any of the Avenger, or the people of Wakanda survive?

Does Doctor Strange? Do Infinity Stones get found? Just curious what people's theories are.

Also if it's not too far off topic, how does the Zephyr have batteries that last a hundred years.

"Since when is "the west" a nation?"-Styphon
"ACORN= Cobra obviously." AMT
This topic is... oh Village Idiot. Carry on then.--Havok
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Re: Alternate Marvel Future speculation

Post by FaxModem1 »

I think they're just too busy dealing with their own crap to deal with the world shattering events. And no one really seems to care what they're up to anyway. Hell, SHIELD is back to being a real organization again, right? Interpol and the CIA don't seem to care, and the Avengers have made no mention of it, neither has anyone on the street in the Netflix shows. Otherwise Coulson and company would have paid Luke Cage and Jessica Jones a visit by now.

SHIELD, for all intents and purposes, is such a non-player in events that what they do won't affect anyone.

Here's a better question for you? Where's Nick Fury and his helicarrier? Have they just been joyriding around the Earth the past few years since they evacuated Sokovia, leaving Coulson in the lurch?
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Yeah, it's pretty safe to say that Agents of SHIELD and the MCU have parted ways since Winter Soldier/AoU. AoS is fine to make a few references to the MCU but otherwise the two are well apart at this point and basically we can regard AoS as occurring in a parallel timeline or something like that. The Netflix shows are a little harder to rationalize though, but they are likewise a fair ways from the MCU.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

The Marvel TV and Cinematic divisions parted ways during filming of Civil War when Kevin Feige threatened to quit unless Ike Perlmutter was removed from decision making in the movies. Perlmutter was a cheapass and also far more risk averse in terms of style (It's almost certainly that which nixed the Edgar Wright Ant-Man). With Marvel Studios directly reporting to the Mouse instead of under Perlmutter's yoke they could put more effort into Civil War and also take risks like letting Taika Waititi have basically free rein over Ragnarok.

Ever wondered why Iron Fist and Inhumans were so cheap and rushed, and why Inhumans aka "please stop liking the X-Men because Fox own those" transitioned from a movie to a TV show? Perlmutter.
Themightytom
Sith Devotee

Post by Themightytom »

Well they were stuck in the matrix for a while so I assumed they missed the Sakovoa accords and the Return of Nick Fury. I mean if they really ARE alternate universes now, fine, I think Sif was the last cameo anyway.

But would it kill you guys to play along?

Themightytom
Sith Devotee

Post by Themightytom »

Oh nvm. I just went back and researched the Dirty half Dozen, and scars, and AOS actually set up the Helicarrier's return. Maybe I just need to rewatch earlier seasons for more references but it still seems like season 5 has been independent.

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Themightytom wrote: 2018-03-25 08:33pm Well they were stuck in the matrix for a while so I assumed they missed the Sakovoa accords and the Return of Nick Fury. I mean if they really ARE alternate universes now, fine, I think Sif was the last cameo anyway.

But would it kill you guys to play along?
The Sokovia Accords were actually a plot element in Agents of SHIELD season 4, as there was the issue of how to deal with the Mutant, I mean Inhuman issue.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Anyway, playing along.....

The Earth breaking apart seems to happen about six months in the future, so around the time of the upcoming Ant Man and the Wasp or Avengers 3. So Thor, Loki, Hulk, and the survivors of Asgard are travelling, as are the Guardians of the Galaxy. Everyone else is either dead, or in an alternate dimension like I imagine Dr. Strange would be due to his ability to do so.

Though, I imagine the planet going kablooey is something he'd be willing to rewind time for to avert. Assuming he survived the blast of course.