Each UN member nation can provide a team of 16 men and 16 women to be delivered to the floating station, which is disc shaped, 3.12km in diameter with a domed game environment 2.74 km in diameter and has a series of four storey interconnected buildings and trees and padded pathways laid out in a hexagonal grid under a dome. Each team needs a uniform which can either be simple textiles and similar or armor (more on this in a bit) but each team WILL be required to be fitted with a rig. Said rig has a tracking sensor, a modular camera that needs to be affixed to the head somehow and a series of lighweight restraints and sensors. Each soldier is also given two Tag-Guns (one carbine and one sidearm), five tag grenades, a squad comm and one medkit. Tag Guns are the most straightforward part of this: if you are shot with a Tag Gun your Rig will lock into place. If you are shot in the arm or leg, those parts of you are immobilized. If you are shot in the head torso, your out of the game. Said individuals entire suits cease up and a drone will fly over them and deposit them in a waiting room with some chairs, an alien soda machine and some TVs to catch the rest of the match. If your uniform has armor in your uniform, armored parts can take an extra hit before going inert, though a red indicator will show. Tag guns are semi-automatic and fire a beam which is visible. Tag Grenades tag everyone in a five meter radius three seconds after they've been set off. Med packs are three shot ink cartridge cartridge shaped thing which can unfreeze someone's arms or leg by pressing it against them. The squad comm allows squads to talk with each other and cameras provides a live stream feed to the internet so people can watch how their favorite dudes are doing on the internet.
The battle begins with all teams being released into the arena and a five hour timer going down. The objective of the game is simple: take out as many people from other teams as you can while keeping your own dudes in the game. The game wins when either only one team is left or if times runs out and then a matter of points. There are five winning nations in these matches. First place winners win the right for the aliens to bring up 1,000 tonnes of cargo to orbit for their nation, second place gets 500 tonnes for their government, third place gets 250 tonnes, forth place gets 150 and fifth place gets 100. The aliens are honorable in their intentions. There are some rules enforced by a referee AI...
- No tampering with Rigs. Penalty: Automatic ejection of individual from the game. Said individual will be barred for a year.
- No removal or obstruction of cameras. Penalty: Automatic ejection of Individual from the game if not quickly corrected.
- All defecation must be done in toilets. Penalty: automatic ejection of individual from the game, though there are some extenuating circumstance provisos in there.
- No unauthorized gear (these includes comm hacking equipment, actual weapons). Penalty: automatic ejection of individual from the game. Individual barred for for either one year to life depending on weapon
- No actual violence. Penalty: automatic ejection of individual from game. Individual will be barred for one year to life. National team disqualification for up to ten years for repeat offenses or serious attempted assault.
- No attacks on the station. Nations found doing so will be permanently barred.
What happens and would you watch the event?