Sci-fi good guys free for all

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Sci fi Good Guy's Free For All. Who Would Win

Jedi Knight (light side, equipped with a lightsabre and no armour)
53%
Rebellion/Republic soldier (armed with a blaster rifle)
No votes
Colonial Marine (from Aliens armed with pulse rifle and standard sidearm, wearing standard body armour)
3%
Marine (from Starcraft equipped with full body armour and a gauss rifle)
3%
Protoss Zealot (from Starcraft, armed with Psionic blades and kitted out in body armour and psionic shields)
No votes
ST Federation trooper( armed with phaser rifle)
7%
Space Marine (from 40K wearing power armour and armed with a boltgun and frag grenades)
23%
Imperial Guardsman (from 40K, basic body armour carrying a lasgun with attached bayonette)
10%
Klingon Warrior (armed with phaser rifle and bat'leth)
No votes

Total votes: 30

2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Sci-fi good guys free for all

Post by 2000AD »

Ok. Here's a list of good guy's from various Sci-fi universes. Who do you think would win a free for all? (and if you can be bothered why they would win)

Also, but don't vote on this, who do you think would be the loser?
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Saddly the 40k one would win this one hands down unless the Jedi could yank the gun out of his hands first

This gave me an idea and a long standing point I try to make
NOBODY but NOBODY beats Connan in a fight
Sure he's A Barbarian running around with a sword but NO one has THE POWER OF DUMB LUCK!

Seriously the guy faces down evil in all its forms and Somehow he manged to win out not just impossible odds but IMPROBABLE odds thanks to his power of Dumb Luck
Typical Connan Fight
Evil Wizard(Call him Jedi with Lightsaber )
50 Goons
Hords of Traps

Well Goons all die to normal Hero fighting but HERE is where (I'm proude to say I came up with the name) HERE is where the Connan Factor comes into play

Start of Fight VS Jedi with Lightsaber
Connan gives battle cry which has an odd echoing effect gives the Jedi a headache meaning he can't use his force powers on him
Angrey Jedi With Headache attacks just to find his lightsaber shorts out because he forgot to change the batters every 50 Climatic battles and is weaponless, But he still knows Kungfo and its just a big dumb Barbarian he's at a disadvantge but he has a chance

Except Connan trips on the rug on the way accidently fliping over the table in what looks like a complecated Martial Arts move, But those require intent, this is just accident
So Connan trips over the rug flys over the table and spears the Suprized Jedi in the chest before he can React
Connan wins!
But we are not done yet! The Connan Factor is still in operation
After retreaving his sword and double checking the Jedi is dead(He may be a Barbarian but thats somthing ALL Barbarians know first rule of survival besides don't get hit is, Double check the dead are REALY dead)
So he's got his sword just the the Floor breaks dropping Connan ten storys to landing him on a soft pillowy bed surrounded by beatufl women
Why? We still don't have any idea we can only conculed that the Connan Factor is still at Work

What is the Connan Factor?
To put it bluntly anything good that could happen to Connan does, Not just in simple Hero terms that he wins but rather it applys to everything.
Raining? Why look a cave to take shelter in and some Extremely rich but very easy to kill Monsters with which to spend the time looting and Killing(What Barbarians like best of course!)
Evil Villian? Don't worry you'll get him easy enough no thanks to you BTW
Someone kill a close friend? Don't worry they will me at unlikley end soon OR die by your hand within the next week or So

This gentelman is the Connan Factor

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Kosh_The_Vorlon
Youngling

Post by Kosh_The_Vorlon »

Bah, no Master Chief?
There is no God.
But it does not matter.
Man is enough.
Edna St. Vincent Milay, Conversation at Midnight

There will never be a resolution in the evolution vs creationism debate because neither side can conclusively prove that they are right. The creationists can't prove that they're right becuase they're not, and the evolutionists can't prove that they're right because the creationists are too damn stupid to listen.
HemlockGrey
Darth Cuba
Redshirt

Post by Darth Cuba »

I'll tell you who would suffer a MAJOR FACE ROCKING, is what I'll tell. That Klingon. I mean, he's got a ranged weapon and a melee weapon and he's against guys who mostly also have ranged weapons. So, of course, he's gonna chuck that phaser rifle and go for the bat'leth sometime during the first ten seconds of combat. I mean, COME ON, where's the HONOR in shooting a guy from 20 paces when you can charge him with something shiny and pointy and have him shoot you in the chest so that you can fly backwards and flail about comically as sparks fly from your chest (hey, I've seen that before, that is the Typical Star Trek "I have been shot" death, so I'll not have any naysayers saying that I'm only making that up to belittle the HONORABLE KLINGON). I mean, given the option of sparky death with some flailing (comically) or just shooting a guy and then going to buy a hamburger, wouldn't YOU opt for sparky death? It is the HONORABLE thing to do, after all.
Actually, it's the FACE ROCKING thing to do in that it gets yourself ROCKED in the FACE.
32,032,41 FACES ROCKED, thus far.
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

StarCraft marines being good guys :shock: ?
I always thought of the Protoss as the real good guys.
Supermod
A Big Flying Fish
Jedi Knight

Post by A Big Flying Fish »

The space marines got it easy. the only thing that can come close is the jedi, but the space marines armour and abilities just make him too good.
Though a MI or a Spartan could kick almost all their arses while sleeping
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Re: Sci-fi good guys free for all

Post by Eleas »

"Ok. Here's a list of good guy's from various Sci-fi universes. Who do you think would win a free for all? (and if you can be bothered why they would win)"

Due to the obscene power of space marines, a "normal" Jedi Knight like Obi-Wan would be hard pressed to defeat it. And I'd think even Darth Maul would have problems with a Chaplain or equivalent.

"Also, but don't vote on this, who do you think would be the loser?"

The redshirt. They somehow manage to suck copiously every engagement. A quartet of Space Marines stranded on a ST world could probably kill everything in sight until they ran out of ammo.
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
IDMR
Moderator Emeritus

Post by IDMR »

Then they start using their hands...
"Intellectual rigor annoys people because it interferes with the pleasure they derive from allowing their wishes to be the fathers of their thoughts." - George F. Will

"If theory and reality diverges, change reality." - Josef Stalin