Every MST3k episode rated

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Q99
Jedi Council Member

Every MST3k episode rated

Post by Q99 »

I found a rather cool article that rates every MTS3k episode, worst to best.

I don't agree with all of 'em (I'd rate most of the kaiju movies higher ^^) but most of the calls make sense and it's a cool list with thoughts on *every* last episode, including the new season with Jonah.

Have any thoughts? What are your favorites?
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Re: Every MST3k episode rated

Post by Mr Bean »

Boo and Hiss I say, Radar Men from the Moon is a classic and to see it so low is a travesty!
Never mind it's just a short in front of the movie.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

Mr Bean wrote: 2017-09-10 05:19pm
Boo and Hiss I say, Radar Men from the Moon is a classic and to see it so low is a travesty!
Never mind it's just a short in front of the movie.
They do get paired with lousy movies, and the whole season 1/still working on the riffing thing.

Btw, I think the single best *season* is season 3. By that point they'd really hit their stride with the riffs but they were early enough they'd barely touched the best movies, so we got all the Gameras, Fugitive Aliens, Cave Dwellers, etc.. A lot of the best individual episodes came later but in terms of solid block of good stuff that's hard to compete with.
Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!

Post by Civil War Man »

Q99 wrote: 2017-09-10 04:37pmHave any thoughts? What are your favorites?
I definitely feel like this guy rated a few movies too low. Namely Warrior of the Lost World, The Day the Earth Froze, Escape 2000, Pumaman, and Manos. His top 3 (Final Sacrifice, Space Mutiny, and Cave Dwellers) are three of my absolute favorites, though. And on reflection I think I agree with the assessment that Wizards of the Lost Kingdom was probably the best episode of the new season, though I will always have a special place in my heart for Yongary since I'm in the credits for that one.
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

I too dug The Day The Earth Froze- the only finno-russian one I was eh on was Sinbad, which took way too long to depart on the voyage.

And the credits? What'd you do? ^^
Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!

Post by Civil War Man »

Nothing beyond contributing to the Kickstarter. I didn't exactly have the disposable income to get the on-screen cameo or help with the writing rewards, but it's still something.
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

Ah, still cool ^^
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

Final Sacrifice is I think one of my favorites, so I'm happy with its placement. I love Time Chasers and Space Mutiny as well. And I thought that Joel's last episode Mitchell rounds out my absolute favorites, so I was kind of bummed it was ranked where it was. But hey, it's all subjective.

I still haven't finished the new season yet. Thought the first episode was kind of weak, but then holy shit, was the second episode, Cry Wilderness, an instant classic.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay
Anacronian
Padawan Learner

Post by Anacronian »

My favorite will always be Pumaman - Though that is mostly due to seeing it with the perfect friends at the perfect time of my life.

Just one of those things.
Homo sapiens! What an inventive, invincible species! It's only been a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenseless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable... indomitable. ~ Dr.Who
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

I just watched Space Mutiny for the first time, and while it's really good, I think the wackiness of the Russo-Finnish films like Jack Frost still take the top for me.