Transformers: The Last Knight

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

ray245
Emperor's Hand

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight

Post by ray245 »

Q99 wrote: 2017-07-08 09:19pm Fittingly, in the early '03, they were sued by Activision for mismanaging the brand!

On the upcoming TF movies, I think the Bumblebee one has the biggest chance of rescuing things, since it by nature should have a tighter focus on a particular robot. Hard to say on the main-line ones.

And it's increasingly looking like it won't reach the 600m line. Ouch.
I won't count on it. It'll be a Bumblebee movie with barely any Bumblebee in it. I think other studios would be happy if Paramount is dead, as they begun to loot its intellectual properties that had been wasted by them.
Humans are such funny creatures. We are selfish about selflessness, yet we can love something so much that we can hate something.
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

ray245 wrote: 2017-07-08 10:16pm
I won't count on it. It'll be a Bumblebee movie with barely any Bumblebee in it. I think other studios would be happy if Paramount is dead, as they begun to loot its intellectual properties that had been wasted by them.
If that happens, yea. Still, new director, there's a chance. It's not like everything Paramount does is bad.

There's few enough big studios capable of large budget movies that I should be somewhat worried over the loss of one, but flipside, yea, their output is extremely unimpressive in my eyes and any of the studios could do better.
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

Sorry this is late to the party, but as I only just saw the film I had to get it off my chest.
Avatar bombed, with the main reason for white-washing is due to one studio execs wanting his daughter to play an Inuit-looking character.
Dude, really? :lol:
That daughter proceeds to act in Transformers despite showing no real talent for acting. The company has spent years destroying the value of their intellectual property because they think the audience is stupid enough to buy into Transformer-level quality for every of their movies.
Are you talking about that blonde bimbo who replaced Megan Fox? Because all of the flaws in DotM are attributable to her.

TLK and DotM are polar opposites of one another- in spite of its flaws (as mentioned above) DotM was pretty damned awesome, easily better than all but maybe the first.

Despite having some good ingredients, TLK was still an unmitigated mess- despite trying to restore some continuity by using characters missing from AoE, of the three (Lennox, Simmons and Morshower), only Lennox had any impact whatsoever and even he was a shadow of his former self. They finally got rid of Bumblebee's muteness (in the end). He must have a hell of a voice because it broke Quintessa's hold over Optimus! :wanker:

The idea of a transforming sub could have been pretty cool... except the Alliance Transformer is never seen transforming or giving any indication of being alive onscreen, with only TRF members mentioning it "jumping the dock". And the sub's status as a Transformer doesn't explain why it seemed to work perfectly- Jetfire was also a museum piece and was literally falling to bits when he was reactivated!

Perhaps if the filmmakers didn't spend money on making that utterly pointless scene of Bumblebee fighting the Nazis they could have had the sub show some signs of life :roll:

There are countless things wrong with this film, one example being the totally moronic idea of Transformers in prison, which is retarded on so many levels.
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

EnterpriseSovereign wrote: 2017-12-28 10:24pm Sorry this is late to the party, but as I only just saw the film I had to get it off my chest.
Avatar bombed, with the main reason for white-washing is due to one studio execs wanting his daughter to play an Inuit-looking character.
Were there any Inuit looking characters in the movie you think he was talking about?

Try this stinker of a flick instead.

Also, as if the Inuit thing wasn't bad enough Avatar wasn't Paramount it was 20th Century Fox, so yeah, try using context next time before laughing at something that sailed over your head.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

I couldn't watch this piece of shit. I skipped through it randomly and gave up after about a cumulative 10 minutes.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Jub wrote: 2017-12-29 12:22am
EnterpriseSovereign wrote: 2017-12-28 10:24pm Sorry this is late to the party, but as I only just saw the film I had to get it off my chest.
Were there any Inuit looking characters in the movie you think he was talking about?

Try this stinker of a flick instead.

Also, as if the Inuit thing wasn't bad enough Avatar wasn't Paramount it was 20th Century Fox, so yeah, try using context next time before laughing at something that sailed over your head.
FYI I already knew that, I was laughing at his misnaming of the title. :P
I couldn't watch this piece of shit. I skipped through it randomly and gave up after about a cumulative 10 minutes.
I found myself struggling to stay awake by the end, it's so awful it makes AoE look almost passable by comparison! :mrgreen:

How much of the box office is propped up by kids badgering their parents to take them along- how else can such an unholy mess still pull upwards of $600 million?

At least with Bay not directing the sequel or Bumblebee's solo effort the franchise might have a fighting chance.
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

Q99 wrote: 2017-07-08 09:19pmOn the upcoming TF movies, I think the Bumblebee one has the biggest chance of rescuing things, since it by nature should have a tighter focus on a particular robot.
Great idea, Bumblebee's sidekick could be Cliff-Jumper and then he can be a Red Mustang. Then both of them fight against Soundwave and his mini-cassette tape crew. Hell, come to think of it they might have done something like that on the cartoon back in the day.
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

Darth Lucifer wrote: 2017-12-29 10:18pm
Q99 wrote: 2017-07-08 09:19pmOn the upcoming TF movies, I think the Bumblebee one has the biggest chance of rescuing things, since it by nature should have a tighter focus on a particular robot.
Great idea, Bumblebee's sidekick could be Cliff-Jumper and then he can be a Red Mustang. Then both of them fight against Soundwave and his mini-cassette tape crew. Hell, come to think of it they might have done something like that on the cartoon back in the day.
Honestly one paragraph tells me you're better at plotting than the writers room they had on the last one ^^
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

Am I the only one who thinks that Marky Mark's actually a pretty good actor? I though he did a good job in The Basketball Diaries, The Big Hit, and The Departed. Maybe it's a Boston thing. I never thought DiCaprio would amount to anything either, on a 2/3 - related side note.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Raw Shark wrote: 2018-01-03 02:48pm Am I the only one who thinks that Marky Mark's actually a pretty good actor? I though he did a good job in The Basketball Diaries, The Big Hit, and The Departed. Maybe it's a Boston thing. I never thought DiCaprio would amount to anything either, on a 2/3 - related side note.
I haven't seen that many of his films but I have enjoyed several of them- Shooter and Ted 1&2 come to mind. The Other Guys was pretty 'meh' for me. Had I played the games I probably would have enjoyed Max Payne more. He wasn't bad on Top Gear either:

[/youtube]
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

Raw Shark wrote: 2018-01-03 02:48pm Am I the only one who thinks that Marky Mark's actually a pretty good actor? I though he did a good job in The Basketball Diaries, The Big Hit, and The Departed. Maybe it's a Boston thing. I never thought DiCaprio would amount to anything either, on a 2/3 - related side note.
I love Marky Mark. He actually does have some range, but he also seems willing to let a director walk all over him with shitty dialog and poor direction. And I saw DiCaprio in The Quick and the Dead before Titanic came out. He got way too much shit for doing Titanic, he was awesome in QatD. And considering his age and the rest of the cast, even Gene Hackman couldn't walk over him.

I went and saw Titanic in theaters, with a girl I was not dating, specifically because "Holy shit, the kid from QatD is in it." Worth it for the nude scene. Whatever man, I was like 16 at the time and boobs are awesome. Don't judge me.
EnterpriseSovereign wrote: 2018-01-04 05:47pmHad I played the games I probably would have enjoyed Max Payne more.
Unlikely. Trust me on that.
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

I have to give TQatD some love. Very highly-stylized, but everybody in it kicks ass, including DiCaprio.

I got dragged to Titanic on a date with the girl I was dating. The things I do for love. There was only one good thing there (besides the epic sex not there but forthcoming), and it was Kate Winslet in her birthday suit. Kate, if you're reading this, you made my crappy day better and thank you and your mother.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker