Doctor Who Season 36x06 Extremis (spoilers)

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

What do you think of Extremis?

5 - Mirabile
21%
4 - Bonum
57%
3 - Mediocris
No votes
2 - Malus
7%
1 - Horribilis
14%

Total votes: 14

Bedlam
Jedi Master

Doctor Who Season 36x06 Extremis (spoilers)

Post by Bedlam »

I'm rather surprised no one has put up a poll for this yet.

I really enjoyed this episode it's certainly looking like a strong season so far.

Some interesting existential horror which I personally did not see coming and certainly good that they didn't just get rid of the Doctors blindness in one episode, I wonder if it's going to stick for the rest of this regeneration or until the end of the three parter?

On that front its certainly interesting to have a whole episode just to show that an attack is about to happen without knowing all that much about the actual enemy.

The Missy's execution scene was good as well although I'm getting a little tired of people running off just based on the Doctors reputation without him even acting the slightest bit threatening.

Even Nardole got some good scene's although Bill didn't have a lot to do although I laughed out loud at her getting cock blocked (or the lesbian equivalent) by the pope followed by finding her bedroom full of priests.

"You're all going to hell."
B5B7
Jedi Knight

Re: Doctor Who Season 36x06 Extremis (spoilers)

Post by B5B7 »

I liked this episode. Also that it isn't resolved in one episode but given time to develop the story.
TVWP: "Janeway says archly, "Sometimes it's the female of the species that initiates mating." Is the female of the species trying to initiate mating now? Janeway accepts Paris's apology and tells him she's putting him in for a commendation. The salamander sex was that good."
"Not bad - for a human"-Bishop to Ripley
GALACTIC DOMINATION Empire Board Game visit link below:
GALACTIC DOMINATION
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

So, the "Doctor" decided to use a device that could potentially kill him and/or burn out all of his remaining regenerations just to restore his sight for a few minutes... instead of just using some of his regeneration energy, which has been shown to heal wounds before. Or flat out regenerating if that was what was required. Odd choice considering this incarnation previously viewed regeneration as little more than "man flu," you'd think that "I'm blind and even tech can't restore my sight" would have been enough to warrant one given the circumstances.

In other words, typical Moffat logic. Good episode overall though.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

It has long since been established that "continuity" has little place in Steven Moffat's world.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Using regeneration energy does require you to be recently regenerated as far as I know, but yeah, temporary suicide by knife would be my choice.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

NecronLord wrote:Using regeneration energy does require you to be recently regenerated as far as I know, but yeah, temporary suicide by knife would be my choice.

He uses regeneration energy to heal River Song in 'Angels In New York' a long time from any actual regeneration.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

I'd forgotten about that. Let's all do that again now.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

I don't blame you. Wish I could but trivial like that gets stuck in my head.