Old SF TV Show - Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Re: Old SF TV Show - Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Thanas wrote:
Shroom Man 777 wrote:I guess a lot of this is like esoteric or intangible hard to quantify "is this behavior something that shows that she is unique" or "is this something Ts can learn with sufficient time" stuff?
A lot of it is physical though, like having tearducts, strength, agility etc.
We don't know if that's something the newer Ts can't do. I mean, Vic was also capable of secks and I think like Danny McBride in This is the End he could also shed tears from the tip of his penis (for the sake of deceiving the wife...).

she probably was in the process of fixing or working around the damaged parts.
Not the processor as far as we know.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:We don't know if that's something the newer Ts can't do. I mean, Vic was also capable of secks and I think like Danny McBride in This is the End he could also shed tears from the tip of his penis (for the sake of deceiving the wife...).
And he had nowhere near her combat capability as she took him out real easy.
She no longer had the twitches though.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Thanas wrote:
Shroom Man 777 wrote:We don't know if that's something the newer Ts can't do. I mean, Vic was also capable of secks and I think like Danny McBride in This is the End he could also shed tears from the tip of his penis (for the sake of deceiving the wife...).
And he had nowhere near her combat capability as she took him out real easy.
That could be chalked up to ROBOT RIVER's superior experience... but OK, dropping the devil's advocate, I personally believe that yes, her unique features allow her to punch well beyond her weight-class.
She no longer had the twitches though.
That could be her figuring out some software fixes or whatever.

I find it hard to imagine that she could repair her own processor... but then again, she installed a bomb in her own skull. So why not.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

Thanas wrote:And he had nowhere near her combat capability as she took him out real easy.
Shroom Man 777 wrote:That could be chalked up to ROBOT RIVER's superior experience... but OK, dropping the devil's advocate, I personally believe that yes, her unique features allow her to punch well beyond her weight-class.
IIRC James Cameron once stated that Terminators are not programmed nor designed to fight one another (the T-X being the exception). If you look at the fights between the T-800 and T-1000 in T2 you can see them learning over the course of the film- at first the two try to shoot each other with small arms, when that doesn't work they start pushing / shoving, when that doesn't work they start punching, using other weapons etc. with the T-1000 eventually figuring out that its shapeshifting abilities gave it a big edge in hand to hand combat. Same thing with escalating the fight - at first the T-1000 was content to knock the T-800 out of the fray for a little while yet it realised towards the end of the film that wasn't enough and it would have to take out the T-800 permanently.

I wasn't surprised that over the course of the series Cameron became much better at dealing with her opponents.
Last edited by Tribble on 2017-05-15 08:41pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Tribble wrote: IIRC James Cameron once stated that Terminators are not programmed nor designed to fight one another (the T-X being the exception). If you look at the fights between the T-800 and T-1000 in T2 you can see them learning over the course of the film- at first the two try to shoot each other with small arms, when that doesn't work they start pushing / shoving, when that doesn't work they start punching, using other weapons etc. with the T-1000 eventually figuring out that its shapeshifting abilities gave it a big edge in hand to hand combat. Same thing with escalating the fight - at first the T-1000 was content to knock the T-800 out of the fray for a little while yet it realised towards the end of the film that wasn't enough and it would have to take out the T-800 permanently.

I wasn't surprised that over the course of the series Cameron became much better at dealing with her opponents.

That makes sense. So when ROBOT RIVER takes on an inexperienced Terminator, she can already go for the most effective movements while the other Terminator is still going through its learning curve or if it is clever trying to ape whatever ROBOT RIVER is doing, but of course ROBOT RIVER's greater experience base means she just outpaces them. Checkmate.

PLUS whatever mods and advancement ROBOT RIVER has that enables her to punch above her weight class.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Thanas wrote:
Gandalf wrote:I'd say pre-Sopranos, as that show is one of the great watermarks of television history. It's the start of the period where television is no longer the backwater of entertainment, and lays the foundation for the modern environment dominated by the likes of Breaking Bad and House of Cards. [/mediahistorian]
I am not sure that credit belongs to The Sopranos alone, it was part of a series of series that all started in the same year or the one before that all featured long-term storylines and a novelistic approach to storytelling.
No, it doesn't really belong to The Sopranos alone. But the series itself serves as a great watershed moment (for some reason I said watermark, ugh), because it combined things that other series had done, did them well and managed to get massive visibility as well as acclaim in doing so.

But yeah, TV history is a still developing field, so these are all open for debate anyway.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin