Make an X-Files super-team

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Make an X-Files super-team

Post by FaxModem1 »

To counter the alien/Syndicate threat, Mulder, Scully, and Skinner decide to review the X-Files, and recruit a team of freaks, weirdos, creatures, etc. to fight the alien menace.

Rules: They can only pick people who are still alive at the end of season 9 of X-Files. The character must have appeared in an episode of the X-Files TV show.

Who should they recruit? Why? Who would play ball? Who would be unwilling to join the team, but would be a good asset if they were able to be motivated/coerced to help save the Earth against aliens?
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Re: Make an X-Files super-team

Post by NecronLord »

The alien rebels seem like the perfect starting point, if you could get them on board - maybe with promises of going public and getting local government support for their cause, should we manage to keep the colonists out - because they at least would know one important thing that even the syndicate don't know.

What the aliens are capable of - in the X-files the earthlings are in the unenviable position of not even knowing what the enemy can do.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: Make an X-Files super-team

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Hmm, yes, the Rebels are a good starting point.

They've also got their usual contacts- the Lone Gunmen, friendly FBI people, etc.

Looking into some of the psychics might be useful. The problem is, a lot of the "monsters of the week" are, well, monsters- either evil, uncontrollable, or both.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.