The Principality of SD.net (RAR!)

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Re: The Principality of SD.net (RAR!)

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Zor wrote:
U.P. Cinnabar wrote: Keep the Zeon military close to home, and pray that Donald Trump Zabi doesn't get it in his head to launch ICBMs at us.
ICBMs can't reach SIde 3.

Zor
I thought the Principality was orbiting Earth. Apologies for the confusion.

Not that it will stop Trump Zabi from trying to kill us, and highly-placed hawks in the American political structure from egging him on. After all, the US can claim the Moon belongs to them.

Darth Lucifer, I don't know about leather and PVC, but the space brothel idea isn't completely without merit. Marketing vice in the void is a good way to make a bit of coin(if your conscience doesn't bother you), especially with both being de facto legal in space. No need for a spaceship, though. Just set up a couple of spin habitats on Eros(and some rocket engines, ala Axis), and off you go.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Pull a data dump of all technical data onto a portable data device, get on a shuttle, and get the hell off the stations, heading to earth on full evasive the entire way.

I have serious doubts that the people actually qualified in any way to run the new 'order' will actually be listened to, and civil war will break out quickly. Therefore, I'm getting the hell out of dodge for this one.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Post by OmegaChief »

There seems to be a bit of confusion as to the location of where the Principality of SDN net actually is. In Gundam canon Side 3 is actually on Earth-Moon L2:

Given Zor seems to be trying to make us effectively be Zeon I think his intent was to place us there? Just for clarities sake so we know if we're going to be spotted by Earth and/or are in ICBM range.

As, while we all have Zakus, is the rest of Zeons Miltiary-Industrial complex in place? IE The research an manufacturing capabilities for our ten dozen kinds of Mobile Suit, tanks and hundreds of warships.

Also dear god someone keep Shep away from the Nukes, assuming we have Zeons full pre-One Year War stockpile we have enough to significantly depopulate the Earth.

But I think the biggest thing, bigger than working space colonies or Mecha or ships that can make a round trip to Jupiter in very reasonable timescales is that we now have mass produced working fusion reactors. Ladies and gentlemen we have just solved all of Earths energy needs, I propose we get to work right away with the He3 mining and mass producing these reactors, which we can then trade to the nations of Earth in exchange for... uh, maybe some political/environmental reforms?
This odyssey, this, exodus. Do we journey toward the promised land, or into the valley of the kings? Three decades ago I envisioned a new future for our species, and now that we are on the brink of realizing my dream, I feel only solitude, and regret. Has my entire life's work been a fool's crusade? Have I led my people into this desert, only to die?
-Admiral Aken Bosch, Supreme Commander of the Neo-Terran Front, NTF Iceni, 2367
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Solauren wrote:I have serious doubts that the people actually qualified in any way to run the new 'order' will actually be listened to, and civil war will break out quickly. Therefore, I'm getting the hell out of dodge for this one.
This. I find my Space Pistol and end it in the honorable manner, because that will likely be faster and much less painful than the inevitable clusterfuck this will result in.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Solauren wrote: I have serious doubts that the people actually qualified in any way to run the new 'order' will actually be listened to, and civil war will break out quickly. Therefore, I'm getting the hell out of dodge for this one.
There is a police force.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/ind
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/tra
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

Yeah, but in a coup d'état the police aren't necessarily on the side of the legal authorities. Think about it-- the majority of this forum has no experience with legal matters, aren't politicians, very few of us are military or ex-military, most of us are abrasive dicks who argue just to stay in practice, and the vocal majority if not the real majority * of users are left of the political spectrum. Now you dump us into a position of power... and the political entity we are in charge of are space fascists.

And about half of this forum probably doesn't initially know it, either, because they aren't familiar with Gundam.

We are so screwed. It is just a matter of time before the situation falls apart; the best we can do is forestall the inevitable, or do what we can to save our own skins. And the latter might just be the spark that lights the fire for all we know.

* Although I don't think anyone can truly know when you put the minimum post count at 10 and don't consider how long ago their last post was.
"Still, I would love to see human beings, and their constituent organ systems, trivialized and commercialized to the same extent as damn iPods and other crappy consumer products. It would be absolutely horrific, yet so wonderful." — Shroom Man 777
"To Err is Human; to Arrr is Pirate." — Skallagrim
“I would suggest "Schmuckulating", which is what Futurists do and, by extension, what they are." — Commenter "Rayneau"
The Magic Eight Ball Conspiracy.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Zor wrote:
Solauren wrote: I have serious doubts that the people actually qualified in any way to run the new 'order' will actually be listened to, and civil war will break out quickly. Therefore, I'm getting the hell out of dodge for this one.
There is a police force.

Zor
And there are in most countries before they go into a civil war, what's your point?
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.