Fortunately the Enforcer Drones have zero interest in enslaving or exterminating humanity. Quite the contrary. Enforcers Drones are here to protect humanity, and for that matter sapient life in general, against itself. They'll do this by enforcing their rules. These are as follows...
- No killing other sapient beings. EVER. As far as they're concerned there is never such a thing as a good instance of a human being killing another human being. Soldiers, Executioners, Judges which sentence individuals to execution, freedom fighters and so forth are in their eyes are all just murderers, plain and simple. They do discriminate between manslaughter, first and second degree murder and do have (an exceedingly narrow) notion of 'justifiable homicide' in self defense. In the case of manslaughter, justifiable homicide and first offense second degree crimes of passion the standard penalty is to have a drone shadow the individual and make sure they'll never do it again. In case of anything premeditated or repeat second degree murders then they'll reprogram the perp's brain so they won't do it again.
- No weapons of mass destruction. Nuclear, chemical and biological weapons are all going to be harvested and recycled, as will weapons like landmines. They'll also shut down the factories that make them and monitor industries that could be put to said effects. Also to varying degrees they'll keep weapons out of the hands of individuals they see as likely to interfere with their directives. Mr inoffensive Deer Hunter can have his trusty Deer Rifle and his collection of WWII guns all he wants so long as he does not cause the Drones any active trouble. If they do, those items are going either into storage or a recycler.
- No violence. This one is a bit less hard and fast as the murder one goes. For example they are willing to tolerate Boxing matches and BDSM provided that A: both individuals give consent beforehand to a Drone, B: said activity is monitored by a Drone and C: the second they say it's gone too far it stops. Even so they'll never care how much someone was "asking for it" if they get randomly beaten, tortured, raped or anything like that.
- No attempting to interfere with Enforcer Drones performing their function. The drones shall simply ignore bribes, bad attitude, verbal hostility, insults and similar with infinite patience, but they will not tolerate any violence towards themselves. They also believe that they have the absolute right to monitor human affairs. As far as they're concerned "Mind your own business" is something that people who are up to no good tell them. The approach they often will employ is to the rough effect of this.
- General protection of property, infrastructure and the environment. Things matter, even if they are less important than sapient beings. They are willing to understand local laws on this subject and enforce them in this regard, so long as said laws don't interfere with them performing their other duties.
Each Drone is a more than capable detective as well as a beat cop. Sentencing is handled by specialized Arbiter Triumverates: trios of cores who pass sentences based on mobile bases. These bases also have holding cells which are comfortable, though since cores process cases quite quickly it will be rare for an individual to spend more than a day there.
Enforcer Drones will explain that unlike humans they're most definitely not Tabula Rasa. They are made with a purpose, namely to protect sapient beings which do have the ability to grow beyond their original parameters from developing along bad paths, and said purpose is set in stone. In addition to enforcement they'll also perform search and rescue operations and any Enforcer Drone would sacrifice itself to protect humans if there is no other recourse. They will use Lethal Force if it is the only option to neutralize individuals, but if it can reasonably be done they will use non lethal means.
So would you release the Enforcer Drones upon the world?