Blade Runner 2049 teaser

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Blade Runner 2049 teaser

Post by FaxModem1 »

link

I'm looking forward to it.
Spoiler
I think this puts to death the theory that Deckard is a replicant. Otherwise he would be long dead from their really short life spans.
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Re: Blade Runner 2049 teaser

Post by Tribble »

Deckard could simply be a replicant that didn't have the built-in short life span. They may have done it that way so that the more experience he has the better he gets at "retiring" other replicants.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

I'm actually relieved that Denis Villeneuve is directing this instead of Ridley Scott.
Joun_Lord
Jedi Master

Post by Joun_Lord »

Hmm, cautiously optimistic. Blade Runner was a great movie. Its future, despite being very close to being the present, was stunning in both its darkness and scope. The characters were all extremely well written and even the robots felt human.

A sequel to explore the world more is something I welcome.

I do hope its better then Prometheus though. They movie was such a disappointment through and through.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Replicant lifespans are just engineered ones. A potential Deckard-replicant living for so long might also imply some other horrifying reveal in the movie...

They might even manufacture differently-aged Replicant variants of the same person implanted with age-appropriate memories. For some reason. Because rather than let a replicant age by itself and potentially diverge from the programming... letting it die and then replacing it with a superficially older one... that thinks it is that same replicant but older...

What the hell.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Galvatron wrote:I'm actually relieved that Denis Villeneuve is directing this instead of Ridley Scott.
Having seen Arrival, I can honestly say I think he's just as bad. Arrival was if anything a worse film than Prometheus, difficult as it is to credit.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth