Plan Earth's Defense! [3 Body Problem]

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Re: Plan Earth's Defense! [3 Body Problem]

Post by Simon_Jester »

Given that they appear to be able to do literally anything that enables them to enforce the arbitrary constraints imposed by the author to railroad the characters into his predetermined outcome... I'm guessing the answer is "yes, if that would otherwise enable you to outmaneuver the constraints imposed by the straitjacket scenario."
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

I think they can intercept all conventional communications, as designed by the author.

Although, of course, much later the humans - using bits of alien tech - build isolated chambers where sophons cannot be present.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

K. A. Pital wrote:I think they can intercept all conventional communications, as designed by the author.

Although, of course, much later the humans - using bits of alien tech - build isolated chambers where sophons cannot be present.
Couldn't humans start doing research then once they have isolated chambers.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

This happened after both races already got massively screwed by breach of deterrence in what was the interstellar equivalent of a nuclear war. So it was of no huge use at this point.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali