A fun SF webcomic- Star Power

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Zixinus
Sith Acolyte

Re: A fun SF webcomic- Star Power

Postby Zixinus » 2017-05-15 07:00am

The thing about the Star Power is that it, unlike the ST Federation, was created with a purpose in mind that was not aligned to any particular species. The Enterprise represents humanity and the Federation. The Star Power represents itself. Not to mention that the Gate is a product of the Star Power and thus evidence of interference. The conflict clearly involves the Gate, so any claim to neutrality has been shot in the foot.

The most morally right answer here would be to try and stop the fight, if by nothing else than to drag apart the combatants and place them far away from each other until Danica can learn what the hell is going on. Delay and act as a buffer (while defending the gate) until she can gain enough information to make any decision at all, never mind figure out which one she should take.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.

Q99
Jedi Master

Postby Q99 » 2017-05-15 12:42pm

Zixinus wrote:The thing about the Star Power is that it, unlike the ST Federation, was created with a purpose in mind that was not aligned to any particular species. The Enterprise represents humanity and the Federation. The Star Power represents itself. Not to mention that the Gate is a product of the Star Power and thus evidence of interference. The conflict clearly involves the Gate, so any claim to neutrality has been shot in the foot.

Though the Star Power does have an allegiance to a stable and healthy galactic society- that is to say, I don't think the creators would want to compromise the Millennium Federation and embroil it in the war to stop the conflict, even if stopping the conflict is itself a priority.

The most morally right answer here would be to try and stop the fight, if by nothing else than to drag apart the combatants and place them far away from each other until Danica can learn what the hell is going on. Delay and act as a buffer (while defending the gate) until she can gain enough information to make any decision at all, never mind figure out which one she should take.

Agreed, though I'm not sure how well she'd do at splitting them up at this point. The old Sentinels could put up much larger barriers than Danica currently can, and her upgrade's not done yet.

Zixinus
Sith Acolyte

Postby Zixinus » 2017-05-15 01:20pm

Actually, one person she could grab is one of the greenies. The purples will go DEATH BEFORE CAPTIVITY! before she could even finish a question.

I think that the overall solution to the conflict might be to destroy or disassemble the Gate. It is clearly the goal of the purples and thus its destruction would mean that the purples have nothing to fight for. Or at least no reason to advance. Of course the species could be more senseless than that and almost nothing that Danica can do might stop the conflict.

Though the Star Power does have an allegiance to a stable and healthy galactic society- that is to say, I don't think the creators would want to compromise the Millennium Federation and embroil it in the war to stop the conflict, even if stopping the conflict is itself a priority.

Bringing the Millennium Federation into this is a completely separate thing. The thing is, that they could be a neutral party in this and a competent one. Danica is obviously blundering around but they have intelligence people and maybe people with diplomatic training on-board. And they COULD deny that Danica is under their command.

Agreed, though I'm not sure how well she'd do at splitting them up at this point. The old Sentinels could put up much larger barriers than Danica currently can, and her upgrade's not done yet.

What I was thinking was literary grab purples or greenies, but a more efficient step would be to talk to the greenie commander and order a retreat that Danica can cover. The gate is undefended and nearly taken, so a regrouping and entrenching there would make military sense for the moment.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.

Q99
Jedi Master

Postby Q99 » 2017-05-15 05:26pm

Zixinus wrote:Actually, one person she could grab is one of the greenies. The purples will go DEATH BEFORE CAPTIVITY! before she could even finish a question.

I think that the overall solution to the conflict might be to destroy or disassemble the Gate. It is clearly the goal of the purples and thus its destruction would mean that the purples have nothing to fight for. Or at least no reason to advance. Of course the species could be more senseless than that and almost nothing that Danica can do might stop the conflict.

It may be both sides have reason to expect very poor treatment for any captives.

Bringing the Millennium Federation into this is a completely separate thing. The thing is, that they could be a neutral party in this and a competent one. Danica is obviously blundering around but they have intelligence people and maybe people with diplomatic training on-board. And they COULD deny that Danica is under their command.

Indeed, and the MF even has experience with this, with formerly civil-warring cultures now members in good standing. Though it took them a few centuries last time...

What I was thinking was literary grab purples or greenies, but a more efficient step would be to talk to the greenie commander and order a retreat that Danica can cover. The gate is undefended and nearly taken, so a regrouping and entrenching there would make military sense for the moment.

Hm, or taking some flashy action to break up the gunfight.... if she fires in between them they might both pause to regroup.

Return to “Science Fiction”