Agents of SHIELD Season 4

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

What did you think of the season so far?

5/5 - Excellent
20%
4/5 - Very good
50%
3/5 - Good
30%
2/5 - Poor
No votes
1/5 - Awful
No votes

Total votes: 10

Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Re: Agents of SHIELD Season 4

Post by Dalton »

Yeah. LMD arc is next up.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

The Romulan Republic wrote:I've missed a lot of this season, but as of the last episode I saw, it seems that Spoiler
May has been replaced by an LMD

Oh, and the Watchdogs are still around as villains.
That ep just aired here last Sunday. Now we know how far behind the UK schedule is- the watchdogs (having been mentioned but not featured during the last few eps) are sure to reappear.

While GR is gone for now, Coulson was insistent that they haven't seen the last of him so he's sure to reappear further down the line. Aida is impersonating May and killed Agent Redshirt when he stumbled across her secret- at the end of the previous episode she was seen working on what looked like a model of a human brain.

Clearly the contents of that book (with its text in binary and all) have affected Aida in ways yet to be revealed.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

S4E10: So that's Mace's secret. Interesting. Does make sense given his comic book origins. You'd have thought they have picked someone with a lot more training though.

The weapon at the beginning was clearly a Jericho round from Luke Cage. I think that's the first (indirect) reference to the Netflix series that I can remember.

Oh and: Spoiler
Radcliffe really hasn't seem any robot films has he. Aida's clearly going to kill him off at some point. Not sure if I like being back as villain again.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Watched Episode 11 on Catch Up. Now I want to say it's all finely crafted character work. But it seems quite soap-opera-y to me at the moment. Fitz/Simmon. (one of them is probably the LMD) And Mac/Yoyo as well.

Ming-Na Wen knocked it out of the park as LMD May in the confrontation with Radcliffe.
Parallax
Jedi Knight

Post by Parallax »

This season seems to be the strongest so far. I'm glad it looks like it'll be renewed.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

I've thought for a while that they might choose to continue the show (unless it completely flopped, anyway) until Infinity Wars, so they can tie it in somehow with that.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Last ep namedropped Iron Man and Black Widow, as well as bringing back the Koenig brothers who laughed at the idea of them being androids. While they could be quadruplets the odds of that are something like 1 in 2 million, with the odds of them being identical are even longer.

It was monumentally stupid for the SHIELD team to just open the vault and retrieve the Darkhold, at least without backup. Although Radcliffe had recorded the passcodes for all the doors anyway, SHIELD couldn't have known that. How he could walk in, collect the book from May and just walk out again was simply handwaved.

It looked like a Soviet-era sub that the mercs were using. If I was Radcliffe I'd have been tempted to have Aida to kill the merc captain as well as one of the mooks he ordered to take them to the brig.

I for one want to see Bobbi and Hunter return (IIRC they were namedropped too) since ABC pulled the plug on their spinoff.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Missed the episode yesterday, I watch Maigret instead.

Though does it address the elephant in the room: The fallout of the hearing in episode 11. There were very obviously press photos going off at Yoyo and Coulson at the hearing in connection with a SHIELD scandal that the Senator is not going to let get hushed up. How is CoulsonLives not out of the bag with the Avengers?
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Crazedwraith wrote:Missed the episode yesterday, I watch Maigret instead.

Though does it address the elephant in the room: The fallout of the hearing in episode 11. There were very obviously press photos going off at Yoyo and Coulson at the hearing in connection with a SHIELD scandal that the Senator is not going to let get hushed up. How is CoulsonLives not out of the bag with the Avengers?
Only Stark, Vision and possibly Rhodey are in a reliable position to learn of this; all the others are either on the run or hiding.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

EnterpriseSovereign wrote:

Only Stark, Vision and possibly Rhodey are in a reliable position to learn of this; all the others are either on the run or hiding.

They probably still get CNN/Fox/Major news outlets in Wakanda or where ever they are though. Cap's team might finder it harder to make contact with the now Official SHIELD. But they should at least see Coulson's face if it's splashed all over the news.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

How far behind are y'all from the US? I'm on episode 17 of season 4.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Episode 12 aired here yesterday.
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

I still really want to marry May/Ming Na Wen - she might be 30 years my senior but she remains one of my biggest fictional crushes :lol:
You wouldn't know from looking at her that she's had 2 kids- she's far better in this than she was in Stargate Universe.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Crazedwraith wrote:
EnterpriseSovereign wrote:

They probably still get CNN/Fox/Major news outlets in Wakanda or where ever they are though. Cap's team might finder it harder to make contact with the now Official SHIELD. But they should at least see Coulson's face if it's splashed all over the news.

Who says they haven't learned that?

For all we know, they are trying to confirm it's Coulson before they contact him, or they figure it was a bluff by Fury.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Solauren wrote:
Crazedwraith wrote: Who says they haven't learned that?

For all we know, they are trying to confirm it's Coulson before they contact him, or they figure it was a bluff by Fury.
:?:

We can make up bullshit like that if we have to but has AoS addressed it canonically was my question. It just seemed odd they had Coulsin pic snapped at the same time as talbott's reminding us why he cant ne publically the director.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Holy heck, that was the best episode of Agents of Shield in a long time. That Season 4 Episode 15: "Self Control"
Spoiler
The Twist of the Fitz LMD and Daisy and Simmon's reactions of dealing with their counterparts. The twists of their plan to get out. LMD-May has to be my favourite character.

And the ending! Holy crap, it's like some Skye/Ward shippers wet dream. And there was the joy of seeing Triskelion again, only now is there honking great HYDRA Logo on it. Is the result of fixing Coulson's regret of joining SHIELD? An MCU where he never did. The superheros never came together and the bad guys won? IF that's it well no coulson shouldn't mean no Cap but it was a hell of the end of an episode/
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Yeah, the rest of the season is a long arc of 'What if.....'. I kind of wondered if they had planned this plotline before the election, or if they decided to roll with the critiques?
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

Since you're a few episodes behind still, I'll just say that I personally found this arc to be the show at its best since season 2, not that it's been lacking in quality in the intervening time.
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Not quite sure why there were two dozen dormant copies of Daisy/Skye in the containment rooms, but I'd be surprised if they weren't seen again- the scene was highly reminiscent of Batman Begins and I Am Robot. Depending how far away from the main hangar they were, since I doubt May was sitting on enough explosives to destroy the entire base.

I wonder if the three agents that Simmons revived will become more important in future episodes, so far the only useful skills they have is that one has some pilot training.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Ep 16- Simmons gets the shit end of every stick. They seem to like to make her suffer at the moment. But it make sense for "Director" Aida to cut her out of Fitz's life to have him all to herself. Which is intriguing.

Not seen the Mainframe Mac or Mace yet. Mace will be interesting as I assume his regret is not actually having superpowers. He could be a Hydra secret weapon or a resistance guy. (I don't think he was in the montage last episode? Mac was with his kid. It seemed a strange piece of backstory to suddenly put out there for him but it does make sense in light of the theme of regrets) No mainframe Radcliffe or that woman Aida was based on. Aren't their minds supposed to last past body death?

And Coulson remembers! Very good use of the S1 Tahiti motif, I thought.
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

SPOILERS for the penultimate episode of the season - nobody quote this since it'll break the spoiler tag;
Spoiler
I'm hoping we get a full-on showdown between Ghost Rider and Aida/Ophelia. Just an all-out, best-that-TV-money-can-buy throwdown with GR incinerating the evil bitch once and for all. That's just my fanboyish want for the finale, we'll see what happens at the end of it all.
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

That would be a good way to end the season.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Nice Ending!
Spoiler
Mack seeing the Framework collapse? Check!
Mack out of the Framework? Check!
LMD Fun? Check!
Aidia/Ophelia v.s Ghost Rider? Check!
Aidia going down hard? Check!

And finally.....

S.W.O.R.D!
CHECKMATE.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

To Solauren: Spoiler
How do you know it was SWORD?
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

FaxModem1 wrote:To Solauren: Spoiler
How do you know it was SWORD?
Spoiler
Implication from their location. I mean, who else could it be?

Project Pegasus?
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran