Agents of SHIELD Season 4

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

What did you think of the season so far?

5/5 - Excellent
20%
4/5 - Very good
50%
3/5 - Good
30%
2/5 - Poor
No votes
1/5 - Awful
No votes

Total votes: 10

Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Re: Agents of SHIELD Season 4

Post by Iroscato »

Remember boys and girls; the spoiler tags are still shot to shit, if you quote 'em, you break 'em.
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Majin Gojira wrote:snip
Someone from around Guardians of the Galaxy?
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Iroscato wrote:Remember boys and girls; the spoiler tags are still shot to shit, if you quote 'em, you break 'em.

Remember boy and girls; you can still read them if you quote a post. It's not that big a deal.
Atia
Youngling

Post by Atia »

Spoiler
My theory on what the deal with the last scene is that they are connected with the inhuman royals since I know they are getting a TV show and I figure they will probably try and back door pilot their show in the first couple of episodes next season. They did live in space in the comics, well the moon, and Coulson had been collecting a team of Inhuman, perhaps that got their attention or something. It’s thin I admit it.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Spoiler
I also was wondering if they might be trying to set up SWORD, a kind of SHIELD spin-off that specifically looks out for alien problems. They usually operate from a space station, although I didn't think it was out far enough in space to have lots of asteroids visible from its windows.

I think the base that was destroyed in the first Avengers movie was supposed to have been Project Pegasus. One of the things they were trying to do was develop alternate forms of energy and that was a classic Project Pegasus thing.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Alkaloid
Jedi Master

Post by Alkaloid »

Finally got around to watching the last half of the season. The last 12 episodes or so were certainly the most consistent, quality wise and by the standards of this show at least, fairly clever. Moral dilemmas ahoy!
Spoiler
GR coming back just in the nick of time like that was a little pat, I though, I would have liked to see them solve the AIDA problem own their own, but it is coming full circle, so I don't mind it too much.

Also, I'll be honest wherever Coulson was looked more like a prison to me than a base.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

I keep missing it on Telly for various reasons. But episode 20 aired on Sunday. Seen up to 19 I think. (The first one with Bakshi) It's really good and they seem to be having a ton of fun bringing back every character they ever killed.
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

Spoiler
Couple of points regarding exiting the framework:
  • They fucked around for way too long while they were there, I was like "Hurry the fuck up!" :lol:
    When Mack refused to leave, I thought for sure that Daisy could and should have used her powers to throw his ass through.
    Since it took the use of her inhuman powers to hold the portal open, that should have made it harder for her to exit. Since it wasn't shown her leaving, perhaps she held the exit while doing a swan dive.
Alkaloid
Jedi Master

Post by Alkaloid »

God damn these quote and spoiler tags mucking with each other!

ES: Spoiler
Eh, I get it. They had enough serious psychological damage to worry about dealing with May and Fitz to really want to add "You literally tore me away from my dead daughter you monsters" to the list. It's not like they knew the Zephyr was in a dogfight and the oil rig was about to sink at the time. Smart play at that point is really figure out what the fuck is going on outside, regroup and then plug back in. Maybe hack in some gear as well this time instead of just an exit beacon. Guns. Lots of guns.
PREDATOR490
Jedi Council Member

Post by PREDATOR490 »

All caught up - The actress who plays AIDA deserves a permanent spot in this or some series. I found her arc the most compelling aspect of this entire season.
Spoiler
It was genuinely entertaining and unexpected to see AIDA develop over the season. The final blow out with Fitz was both incredible, disturbing and hilarious at the same time. The interaction between Fitz and AIDA with Simmons watching started out solemn and then went to oh shit insanely fast. The actress stole that scene.

I really wish the show would stop doing the string-along-romance arcs. Getting stuck in the Will They / Wont They get together is extremely tedious when shows keep throwing shit in the way to stop it repeatedly over years. Ironically, the Fitz and Simmons made me want Fitz to throw in with AIDA. It makes me genuinely wonder how things have went in Fitz had confessed AIDA was the only one.

Hydra Matrix World - Nothing that innovative about it and I am not really looking forward to the amount of angst drama fallout that is going to be caused.

SHIELD - This series REALLY needs to get a grip on the concept of SHIELD and the place in the world. It is beyond stupid that every season seems to end up with SHIELD flip flopping between legitimate organisation and rogue group of agents / terrorists. The whole situation with the plane being running out of power, being unable to land and being shot at by a Russian jet was needlessly contrived.

Ghost Rider - The return was both weak and lame. At best it was a paltry effort to close up the loose ends and cheap out on dropping AIDA. For a fight that should have had AIDA running around with awesome powers, it was pretty pitiful. Would have been nice if they at least got some clarification on where they were going with Ghost Rider's abilities and what he is going to do.

Phil - Oh look, another cliffhanger secret about Coulson. Ghost Rider somehow accepted the switch with Coulson because of... something left unsaid.
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

Spoiler
When it looked like Mack would have drowned, I wasn't exactly sympathetic since it would have been his own damn fault for putting himself in that situation in the first place.

Yo-yo didn't get that particular memo, going in without the slightest clue about the shitstorm that awaited her. Chief among which is that unless you've been exposed to Terrigen mist within the framework, you don't have inhuman powers. Speaking of which, how did May survive exposure to the mist when she smashed the crystal at her and Daisy's feet? It's always been fatal to any non-inhuman that comes into contact with it.
B5B7
Jedi Knight

Post by B5B7 »

With regard to your question about May in your spoiler: perhaps it is programmed to behave differently within the framework?
TVWP: "Janeway says archly, "Sometimes it's the female of the species that initiates mating." Is the female of the species trying to initiate mating now? Janeway accepts Paris's apology and tells him she's putting him in for a commendation. The salamander sex was that good."
"Not bad - for a human"-Bishop to Ripley
GALACTIC DOMINATION Empire Board Game visit link below:
GALACTIC DOMINATION
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

EnterpriseSovereign wrote:Spoiler
When it looked like Mack would have drowned, I wasn't exactly sympathetic since it would have been his own damn fault for putting himself in that situation in the first place.

Yo-yo didn't get that particular memo, going in without the slightest clue about the shitstorm that awaited her. Chief among which is that unless you've been exposed to Terrigen mist within the framework, you don't have inhuman powers. Speaking of which, how did May survive exposure to the mist when she smashed the crystal at her and Daisy's feet? It's always been fatal to any non-inhuman that comes into contact with it.
Not it's not. Terrigen mist is not fatal there was an impurity/additive in the stuff use before that killed non-inhumans. It didn't get passed on through the fish/fish oil, which why there were inhumans coming into being in season 3 and not mass deaths.

Radcliffe made purified crystals of it that wouldn't kill humans. That's the stuff they attempt to use on Senator Nadira and turned that watchdog guy into a living bomb. The crystal mainframe May used must have been the same thing.
Alkaloid
Jedi Master

Post by Alkaloid »

Yup. It's specifically mentioned they've purified it.