(Doctor Who) Daleks VS Aliens (Alien)

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

libertyjim
Youngling

Re: (Doctor Who) Daleks VS Aliens (Alien)

Post by libertyjim »

Hi guys. Just a little thing to add. Obviously a landslide for the Dalek.

[quote="NecronLord"]Umm. I'm talking about their armour. It's extremely acid resistant.quote]

How acid resistant? I'm going to use this video as reference here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHJpmWYncuo
Now the fella doing this video makes some minor mistakes but the point still stands that he shows that the alien's blood is way more acidic than any real acid. I'm aware that Dalek armour is way more durable than any real material but I don't know which fictional thing would win out in this case. Irrelevant anyway because the Dalek will just fly over them and shoot as said before.
PREDATOR490
Jedi Council Member

Post by PREDATOR490 »

Archinist wrote: The aliens could pour some liquid nitrogen on the dalek from the colony. I am sure they would have some liquid nitrogen lying around somewhere, because it just sounds like something they'd use quite often. So now the aliens could get a barrel of liquid nitrogen and pretend to be statues. The dalek will enter the room and look around and see nothing except frighteningly detailed statues of xenomorphs. Then suddenly there would be hundreds of liters of liquid nitrogen being poured on him.
1) Aliens have never been shown to use tools at all
2) Aliens have never been shown to be that intelligent
3) How do you expect aliens to be able to understand what liquid nitrogen is, what it does or carry barrels of it around ?
4) From your own situation, the Dalek knows about Xenomorphs so trying to be statues will just give the Dalek stationary targets to shoot
Archinist wrote: The alien queen would now run into the room and pick him up and smash him against a wall, shattering the dalek into millions of tiny shards.
The alien queen is stationary and fixed to her throne / breeding thing. If the Dalek has managed to get to her then aliens have already lost because the whole job of a drone system is to prevent any hostile enemy from getting near their Queen. Not to mention the Queen is a gigantic target that is poorly equipped to fight in the confined space of the facility. The Dalek will happily blow her away and the entire hive is screwed.
Archinist wrote: Another thing is that alien queen could stretch a wall, ceiling and floor of facehuggers and put tiny blades near them. So when the dalek enters the room, the queen could pull a string and all the facehuggers will burst at once and spray acid all over the dalek, killing his shield and melting down his armor, which would also jam or destroy his treads.

Now the alien queen can just pick the disabled dalek up and smash him over and over again on a strong wall on the Engineer's ship which could not possibly break.
Facehuggers with blades and string - The fuck is this ?
This is just too silly to even respond to.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt - If you are trying to imply the aliens will mass suicide themselves inorder to bath the Dalek in acid. This has never been observed but in fairness it is plausible. The aliens will rush the Dalek and as they are getting ruthlessly blasted to bits the acid may end up going everywhere.
However, the Dalek is aware the Xenomorphs have acidic blood and it has no requirement to get into a situation that will allow the aliens to rush it.

Daleks do not have 'treads' - IF the aliens managed to damage the Dalek's ability to move then they have an advantage that could potentially be exploited. That said, a stationary Dalek becomes a fixed turret that can freely rotate the upper half of it's frame to shoot anything around it.
In theory, the only thing the aliens can do is attack from above or below the angle of the Dalek's arc of fire.

Regardless, how the hell do you expect the Xenomorphs to damage the movement system of the Dalek is a major issue to the point it requires insane amount of luck or stupidity on the part of the Dalek.
Archinist wrote: If the dalek is a coward and stays outside while flying around, the aliens could hide inside until he runs out of power and falls to the ground, then they could just rush him and attack the helpless dalek unit it is destroyed. If the dalek still has enough energy for weapons systems, the aliens could just lure the dalek either into a big hole, or into a killzone, or even lure him to the reactor and get him to fire his weapon, which would instantly destroy the dalek and any aliens in the area, but there would be other aliens as shown in the Colonial Marines game.
The Dalek is a spaceship - It can happily fly into space and leave the planet behind if it wants to.
Additionally, Daleks can seemingly recharge themselves by sucking energy out of computer screens.

Between the both of these facts, the Dalek can happily suck the energy out of the facility to recharge.
With the ability to fly and hover, the Dalek can navigate any terrain and stay out of the reach of the aliens.
If the Xenomorphs want to play the waiting game the Dalek is more than capable of waiting them out or just flying off into space to find a new planet.

Meanwhile, the Xenomorphs are literally trapped inside the facility because if they go anywhere near the Dalek it will kill them with ease.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

libertyjim wrote:Hi guys. Just a little thing to add. Obviously a landslide for the Dalek.

How acid resistant? I'm going to use this video as reference here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHJpmWYncuo
Now the fella doing this video makes some minor mistakes but the point still stands that he shows that the alien's blood is way more acidic than any real acid. I'm aware that Dalek armour is way more durable than any real material but I don't know which fictional thing would win out in this case. Irrelevant anyway because the Dalek will just fly over them and shoot as said before.
That video is not wholly relevant. It's talking about the movie Alien. In Aliens the acid is shown to be much less potent. Hicks' armour briefly protects him, and facehuggers are killed without remotely comparable acid splash in Aliens. There's a number of fan explanations, but I can't be bothered to relate them.

All we know about the acid that was used on daleks was that it was in grenade like thrown bombs, and expected to go through metal.

Later episodes have the Doctor say that daleks have a polycarbide skin, real life polycarbide is a name for a primarily silicon carbide material used in treated tools and SiC has good resistance against all acidic materials. Could it deal with the alien blood? Maybe, maybe not; it's resistant to hydroflouric acid. But in any case it's probably a name they picked because it sounded cool rather than being the real-world abrasive material.

But as the video shows, in one specific scene of the previous film there is grounds to think that the aliens' acid is exceedingly strong. Of course, when it hits Hicks it only inflicts chemical burns of a common sort.

It doesn't matter though.

Dalek guns never spill blood. In the words of the seventh doctor, they "scramble internal organs" and that's something the aliens have no defense against.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Archinist
Padawan Learner

Post by Archinist »

Okay, the facehugger strings were a bit silly and unlikely, so let's just add some non-canon units there.

Flier. It can spit small amounts of acid short distances and use it's claws and fly.

Spitter. It can spit large amounts of acid long distances and has to re-grow it's acid for 10 minutes while it's doing that it is helpless.

Tentacle. It is a giant tentacle which comes from Alien biomass-infected ground which can pick things up and throw/crush them. It can pick up a humvee and seriously damage it within 10 minutes.

All biomass will also slow everything non-Alien down on it by 50%. There are also Alien cobwebs everywhere which halve the speed of flying things. (these are everywhere in deep Alien territory.)

There we go, the dalek will have a much harder time now.
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

If you're bringing in non-canon sources to have to defeat a canon Dalek, you've already conceded that canon Aliens are no match for a Dalek and thus your scenario is invalid.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Archinist
Padawan Learner

Post by Archinist »

Borgholio wrote:If you're bringing in non-canon sources to have to defeat a canon Dalek, you've already conceded that canon Aliens are no match for a Dalek and thus your scenario is invalid.
After googling around a bit, I have discovered that some of these units are actually canon.

[url]http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Spitter
[/url]
http://aliens.wikia.com/wiki/Mummy-nest_Flyer

http://aliens.wikia.com/wiki/Flying_Alien

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Flying_Queen

These units are powerful enough on their own, so we can take away the tentacles.
Last edited by Archinist on 2016-07-29 09:37am, edited 2 times in total.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Archinist wrote:Okay, the facehugger strings were a bit silly and unlikely, so let's just add some non-canon units there.

Flier. It can spit small amounts of acid short distances and use it's claws and fly.
Gets shot.
Spitter. It can spit large amounts of acid long distances and has to re-grow it's acid for 10 minutes while it's doing that it is helpless.
Gets shot.
Tentacle. It is a giant tentacle which comes from Alien biomass-infected ground which can pick things up and throw/crush them. It can pick up a humvee and seriously damage it within 10 minutes.
Gets shot.
All biomass will also slow everything non-Alien down on it by 50%. There are also Alien cobwebs everywhere which halve the speed of flying things. (these are everywhere in deep Alien territory.)
It all gets shot.
There we go, the dalek will have a much harder time now.
Not noticeably.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Archinist wrote:
Borgholio wrote:If you're bringing in non-canon sources to have to defeat a canon Dalek, you've already conceded that canon Aliens are no match for a Dalek and thus your scenario is invalid.
After googling around a bit, I have discovered that some of these units are actually canon.

[snip]

These units are powerful enough on their own, so we can take away the tentacles.
The aliens universe does not have a 'canon system' - in fact mutually incompatible film franchises exist past Aliens.
Archinist
Padawan Learner

Post by Archinist »

NecronLord wrote:
Archinist wrote:

[snip]

The aliens universe does not have a 'canon system' - in fact mutually incompatible film franchises exist past Aliens.
They don't have to fit in and please the original Alien film fans just to be official canon.

NOTE: The mummy-nest flyer has nothing to do with Alien, I linked it accidentally, thinking it was part of the actual Alien series.
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

They don't have to fit in and please the original Alien film fans just to be official canon.
But they don't exist in Aliens which is the premise of this scenario. If they weren't found on LV-426 then they might as well not exist at all.
Archinist
Padawan Learner

Post by Archinist »

Okay, I guess you're right, the dalek wins easily. The end.
Me2005
Padawan Learner

Post by Me2005 »

PREDATOR490 wrote: 1) Aliens have never been shown to use tools at all
Isn't there a scene in one of the movies (III?) where three aliens are kept in a cage on board a ship and two of them kill the third to use the acid blood and free themselves? That seems like coordinated planning and a kind of tool use to me; albeit only involving their own biology.
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

We do see Aliens on occasion doing something smart. They know how to cut power to a facility (Aliens), they learn how to open doors (Aliens), they learn how to push buttons (Alien Resurrection), and as you pointed out they know how to plan and coordinate. So they would probably be unable to grasp general tool use but they are smart enough to learn simple tasks and activate simple controls.
PREDATOR490
Jedi Council Member

Post by PREDATOR490 »

Me2005 wrote:
Isn't there a scene in one of the movies (III?) where three aliens are kept in a cage on board a ship and two of them kill the third to use the acid blood and free themselves? That seems like coordinated planning and a kind of tool use to me; albeit only involving their own biology.
Alien Resurection is a complete wipe as far as I am concerned.
Due to the nature of their "Resurection", using anything in those films is flawed because those aliens are potentially not normal.

Ripley came out wrong with the cloning and we learn the Queen does as well. It is entirely plausable that all of those aliens are abnormally intelligent due to their creation. More simply, the Xenomorphs seem to have abnormal physiology, such as being able to spit acid and having hind legs shaped like animals. Previous films show Xenomorphs with human knees.

As for cutting the power: It is implied but never really clarified if the Xenos did it by intention or by plot luck. They were crawling around the vents where you expect the cables to be so it is plausible accidental damage caused it.
Alternatively, the whole facility was wrecked to shit with use of improvised explosives and the reactor going kaput.

Even if you grant them intelligence to cut power by intention: This does not clarify how. If they just chewed through every cable then that is interesting but not as intelligent as identifying and isolating key components.
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

Just for fun, what would be the difference in attributes between a Dalek-xenomorph (where a facehugger somehow managed to impregnate the kaled) and a Dalek/xenomorph hybrid (where the Dalek somehow absorbed and merged with a grown xenomorph?
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
PREDATOR490
Jedi Council Member

Post by PREDATOR490 »

The Alien becomes a blob monster with teeth and acid blood but I have trouble imagining how a chestbuster would even work.

The Dalek becomes a bigger monster with teeth and acid blood. I suppose they might be able to take advantage of the new form if they ever have to leave their tank suit but the suit itself would need to be redesigned to accommodate the change in proportions.
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

I feel like there's the germ of a good fanfiction in this thread somewhere - a lone, heavily damaged Dalek having to survive against a horde of Xenomorphs using mainly its wits and creativity, with too little energy reserves left to just spam the eggwhisk and cackle heartily to itself..
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Chimaera wrote:I feel like there's the germ of a good fanfiction in this thread somewhere - a lone, heavily damaged Dalek having to survive against a horde of Xenomorphs using mainly its wits and creativity, with too little energy reserves left to just spam the eggwhisk and cackle heartily to itself..
No protagonist/someone for the audience to sympathize/identify with though.

You can throw some colonists or colonial marines caught in the middle in their though.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
libertyjim
Youngling

Post by libertyjim »

Me2005 wrote:
Yeah they're actually relatively intelligent. Cunning is the word really.
The Romulan Republic wrote:
Chimaera wrote:I feel like there's the germ of a good fanfiction in this thread somewhere - a lone, heavily damaged Dalek having to survive against a horde of Xenomorphs using mainly its wits and creativity, with too little energy reserves left to just spam the eggwhisk and cackle heartily to itself..
<br abp="608"><br abp="609">No protagonist/someone for the audience to sympathize/identify with though.<br abp="610"><br abp="611">You can throw some colonists or colonial marines caught in the middle in their though.
You can empathise with a Dalek. I know it's an evil being but you can still empathise with it because it struggles (in this case) and utilises intelligent thought. I think it sounds like an interesting story as is but adding humans is more interesting because the Dalek now really really really wants them all dead so that no more xenomorphs are formed.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Dalek protagonist stuff generally works. There was an episode of the classic series (the Dalek Cutaway) that is sadly lost, that was entirely daleks and a few humans (special space security agents), without the Doctor appearing, and it relied largely on the daleks as villain-protagonists. There was an entire series of comics in the 60s that had the daleks as solo protagonists too.

Usually they fought natural hazards, low intelligence aliens, and equally inimical machine life to keep the audience on side. So, yeah, it can work.
edaw1982
Padawan Learner

Post by edaw1982 »

Chimaera wrote:just spam the eggwhisk and cackle heartily to itself..
That line alone brought a gleeful sadistic gleam and a mirthful chuckle.

Daleks unlike the cyberpillocks atleast feel emotions. Which is part of what makes'em so fucking scary. They're just like us, only with a death-wielding outer shell.

They're like F04 with all the 'kill shit and don't die' perks, wearing the top-tier powered armour and a minigun with as many bullets as your sadistic little heart desires and everyone and everything is killable.