Agents of SHIELD season three. [Spoilers]

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

How is the season thus far?

5 out of 5.
43%
4 out of 5.
43%
3 out of 5.
14%
2 out of 5.
No votes
1 out of 5.
No votes

Total votes: 14

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: Agents of SHIELD season three. [Spoilers]

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Well, any of those could still happen down the line.

Admittedly, two seems unlikely, though the introduction of LMDs gives them an easy way to bring back old actors any time they feel like it.
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

For a moment when Daisy was begging Lincoln not to make his heroic sacrifice I thought she was going to claim she was pregnant! It does seem so far that if your character is called Lincoln you're going to be killed off. Either way, it was pretty clear that ZombieWard wasn't going to survive much longer.

Maria Hill now works for Stark instead of SHIELD, it would be difficult to include her again. The closest thing we've had to an Avenger showing up in the show is the presence of Sif, as a relatively minor character she wouldn't have been too expensive to hire.

The only real asskicking characters left are Mack and May, until Daisy/Skye gets her head back in the game she's going to be even more of a loose cannon than she's been so far.

A few things I was confused about was, just how did Shield manage to get Lash on the Quinjet without him tearing it apart? Since Daisy escaped with his body I hoped they'd have been able to learn just how he managed to free her from Hive's control, especially since he also rendered her immune to re-infection.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

EnterpriseSovereign wrote: Maria Hill now works for Stark instead of SHIELD, it would be difficult to include her again. The closest thing we've had to an Avenger showing up in the show is the presence of Sif, as a relatively minor character she wouldn't have been too expensive to hire.
Jaimie Alexander has been busy over on her own show Blindspot so she probably doesn't have the time and might be more expensive than she was a season or two ago.

It might be nice if they had one of the movie characters who doesn't know Coulson interact with SHIELD. If they can convince Sam Jackson to do cameos why not one of them? People would crap themselves if they got Spider-man or Peter Parker. The Falcon, Ant-Man, Scarlet Witch, the Vision, Black Panther, they'd be cool too. :)

At this point it might just be cool if they could just swing some of the non-powered side characters.

Pepper Potts talking with Coulson about him not being dead and her brief run at having super powers. What happened between her and Stark. What's happening between her and Stark.

Scott Lang's "crew" from Ant-Man. Having those guys run across SHIELD could be hilarious.

Darcy from Thor. She's one of the more entertaining things in the Thor movies, but the actress has her own show going on. Luckily it is a half hour comedy and not an hour long drama like Blindspot so maybe she'd have the time for a cameo drop by appearance. Besides, I always assumed that Darcy's intern was a SHIELD plant. :)

Hell, why not some interaction with someone from the Netflix Marvel shows? Maybe the former "Night Nurse" gets hired on at SHIELD?
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
SCRawl
Has a bad feeling about this.

Post by SCRawl »

If spending more money on guest cameos isn't likely to generate more income, why do it? Fan-service has value, I suppose, but I think the fans are already being served at the rate of 3-4 feature films per year.

Don't get me wrong, I'd appreciate it, but I don't think that it makes a ton of financial sense.
73% of all statistics are made up, including this one.

I'm waiting as fast as I can.
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

An update regarding this:
Had I not known they were getting their own series called Marvel's Most Wanted I'd have been disappointed, but then I realised they would have to be written out properly and not simply have them disappear. In the end, it's going to be the quality of Most Wanted that reveals whether this was justified, because it'll either be an end for them, or the start of a new beginning.
Well hindsight is a wonderful thing, it turns out the pilot they made didn't even get aired before ABC pulled the plug- which of course means their exit was completely pointless. I'm sure there's a relevant trope that covers this.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

That's regarding Bobbie and Hunter?

Yeah, that fucking blows.

The logical thing to do, depending on budget and actor availability, would be to just find a way to write them back onto the show.

They ought to have the money to bring them back, anyway, since they downsized by getting rid of Lincoln and Ward's actors. :D
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

My bad, I can't believe I omitted their names from my quote- I must have been distracted when I wrote that :lol:

It sucks big time- they fitted in really well too. Let's hope their getting screwed by the network was only temporary- though if Elizabeth Henstridge can survive the abortion that was Reach Me they do have some hope :D Bonus points if they return in a way that makes the network look stupid! I always wanted to see more of those signature weapons she was sporting.
Darcy from Thor. She's one of the more entertaining things in the Thor movies, but the actress has her own show going on. Luckily it is a half hour comedy and not an hour long drama like Blindspot so maybe she'd have the time for a cameo drop by appearance. Besides, I always assumed that Darcy's intern was a SHIELD plant.
Then Ian got the best job in all the Nine Realms, since he and Darcy hooked up by the end of The Dark World. :D

Cobie Smoulders would be a natural fit as a guest, having appeared in AoS a few times already. Since HIMYM finished it's not like she has to drop anything to do it. Given how Maria Hill is now directly affiliated with the Avengers it makes sense, it wouldn't surprise me if she winds up being Tony Snark's right hand woman. Interestingly, her interview in TWS involved a polygraph test.

Something tells me Ward's actor was getting paid a lot more than Lincoln's!
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Certainly a rough deal for the actors. I wonder how much say they had in this move towards a spinoff.

It'd incredibly awkward to write them back in after the exaggeratted exit they had. At best I can see them back as special guest stars. Like their spinoff story was still happening. Just Offscreen...
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Hmm. Its not unheard of for an actor to leave and be written back in.

It happened to Dr. Crusher on Star Trek: The Next Generation. It happened to Mulder on the X-Files, sort of (although he didn't come back full time until the series was brought back years later). It happened, sort of, on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, with Spike and Giles (though the former was a recurring villain, not a main cast member, brought back as a main cast member, and the latter was a main cast member who was brought back demoted to regularly recurring guest start).
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

That's why I said it'd be 'incredibly awkward' not impossible. They gave them such fanfare when they left and implied they never could come back, that they been burned from intelligence that bring them back would be an obvious fudge of their plans.

They could still do it and have them mercs instead of officially shield. But yeah awkward.
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

I was almost certain that the new director would be Talbot (whose wife's rather hot IMO :mrgreen: )- certainly that would pave the way to promote him from recurring character to main cast, but then wondered if instead Fury was going to make a return.

Apparently they're building up to Life Model Decoys- since Stark made a direct reference to the concept in Avengers (and the existence of Vision), there's a strong possibility that he's going to be connected in some way.