Poll: What's Your favorite ship type?

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Favorite ship type

Brick
14%
Delta
35%
Hammerhead
8%
Sphere
No votes
Cylinder
5%
Cube
No votes
Other
38%

Total votes: 37

Havok
Miscreant

Re: Poll: What's Your favorite ship type?

Post by Havok »

Whatever category the Defiant, Millennium Falcon and the Nostromo fall into.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

For verisimilitude? A stick with separate modules, and huge radiators.

Basic design? A sphere has the highest volume/surface area ratio, and has the added benefit that any external weapon or sensor should have a 180 degree view.

As a sci-fi fan? I like spaceships to be new. Novel. Visually distinctive. I like the Falcon, I like the goa'uld pyramid ships, 40K ships of all factions save Chaos (not super fond of the 'Nids, but that's mostly because I read of the Vong ears before) Andromeda Ascendant, I even like those stupid skyscraper Alliance ships from Firefly.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
edaw1982
Padawan Learner

Post by edaw1982 »

I'm partial to the 'Capsule' shape from 'Albedo', even better because of their tech level allows constant thrust to generate gravity.
Although the mushroom-capped design is nice as well. With big honking reaction mass cap to cover the living area behind.
"Put book front and center. He's our friend, we should honour him. Kaylee, find that kid who's taking a dirt-nap with baby Jesus. We need a hood ornment. Jayne! Try not to steal too much of their sh*t!"