Doctor Who S34E3: "Robot Of Sherwood" Spoilers

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Did you like this episode?

5/5 - Perfect
13%
4/5 - Excellent
50%
3/5 - Pretty Good
28%
2/5 - Mediocre
3%
1/5 - Terrible
3%
0/5 -Has No Redeeming Features whatso ever.
3%

Total votes: 32

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Re: Doctor Who S34E3: "Robot Of Sherwood" Spoilers

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

So due to various health issues, I JUST was able to see the new ep last night.
Have to say it REALLY smacked of some older Who episodes, specifically "the kings demons" as well as "The Sontarin Experiment" Which had a Sontarin trapped with a broken spaceship on Medieval Earth, using a local Brutal Lord to steal parts to fix his ship.

Over all it was a good "run" Episode.

As other have said, the "brutally honest" Doctor is both refreshing and VERY well done by Capaldi. His one comment to the lute guy "Natural, but you only have 6 months to live" or something like that was something I don't know any of the past new doctors (save Eccleston) would have said.

As far as the plot itself.. Well.. It remained "Fun" as long as you ignored a couple of REALLY glaring issues. As far as "Gold" goes, shoot, how much would your average region of England having total? The vats of molten gold in the castle made it look like they had melted down TONS of gold for those "Circuit" bored things. I mean shoot, didn't many of the kings at that time only have a couple of pounds of gold?

Also the ending... YE GODS could they not have come up with a somewhat more decent resolution? Maybe the Doctor "helps" the robots enough so they get into space and then blow up. Or shoot, maybe he could have done some technobabble thing so the engines reverse and 'buried' the spaceship or something...

ALSO, do we always HAVE to have the whole country or world in danger? I mean, when he gave the line "If those engines explode it will take most of England with it!" The amount of eye rolling from that was only overtaken by the climax of "if we hit it randomly with an arrow mad of a tiny amount of gold, it will somehow supercharge the ship to get into space!"

Over all very "Fun" episode, but could have been MUCH better... :P
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!