It's The Guardians of the Freaking Galaxy! (spoilers)

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

It's The Guardians of the Freaking Galaxy! (spoilers)

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

So After what seems like waiting FOREVER The movie is finally out at last!
And MY GOODNESS was that one hell of a Kick Ass Action flick!

Have to say So much of what I hoped to see, I got to see.
And so much of what I was worried about, turned out not to be a problem.
(unspoiled Review)

THE GOOD:
The introduction of Quinn was not nearly as Sappy as I was led to believe and turned out to be a genuine tear jerker
The introduction of the group was a classic "Everyone trying to kill each other is suddenly forced to band together" which worked better than I thought.
The jokes, like most of Marvel Humor, came off very nature and worked well for the character given the joke and didn't feel forced.
The action sequences were AMAZING. Plenty of good old explosions and snooty lasers, without it feeling "over the top" or explosions for the sake of blowing things up.
For an 'Avengers like' movie, where we got a lot of heirs all in one movie. They did a fairly good job doing both Action and character development and growth all at once.
Also, Groot, like The Hulk, gets some of the best "lines" in the movie despite not really saying anything :P

THE BAD:
The villain, while coming off as genuinely "villainous" and nasty, is one lone zealot with a warship, yet is able to terrorize a whole quadrant of the galaxy ((apparently)
More than a few "turn brain off regarding how science works" moments, but for the most part don't detract from the film.
Quinn's "Mysterious Secret" gets all of 15 seconds of explanation before the movie suddenly jumps past it.

Now for the spoilers... Spoiler
Did anyone else find it very VERY idiotic that The Collector, after getting the all important "Orb" decides to not just tell his "flunkies" all about it, but unlock it right in front of them? In a non protected area? where Anyone can reach out and grab it, which is of course exactly what happened?
I mean, unless he is one of those people that just HAS to show things off and gloat or what not... You'd think he'd:
A: Go "thank you for my orb, here is your money, now go away" and
B: Open the orb in a safe, secluded and secured location, preferably in a bomb shelter or something?

I was watching him start to open and immediately IKNEW that slave chick was going to grab it.. Oy Vey!

Also.. Does anyone else get annoyed of SciFi constantly having these ""powerful" galactic forces (in this case the NOVA Corp) who are evidently a big galactic player, very wealthy and advance, and... Don't seem to have a SINGLE Warship they can field against one lone Zealot? I mean All his ship did was launch fighters, I don't think I saw it shoot an offensive weapon ONCE. Once is this guy such a threat? And this is BEFORE he gets powered up with the stone!

Now.. On the less Bitchy side...
How freaking cool was it having to not just see Thanos, but actually get a speaking roll from the guy!
I mean, he has like 20 seconds of speech, but certainly makes the most of it! You could tell why he kept calling Ronin "Boy". I kept waiting for him to say something about Ronin being "small minded" or missing "the big picture" or something like that. because hey, that is certainly how things went down.
Theres a ton of other stuff I want to say, but I'll have to get back to it later, just got back from the movie and gots a lot to do today :P
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Re: It's The Guardians of the Freaking Galaxy! (spoilers)

Post by Crazedwraith »

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Oh well thats embarrassing.. I WONDERED why I didn't see a review thread yet here...
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Thread locked, one already exists in Fantasy
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet