Favorite Sci-fi Moments

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Re: Favorite Sci-fi Moments

Post by Highlord Laan »

(Seriously- there was a semi- joke army list released, or maybe allowed to escape, that included rules for fluff accurate marines. you got one squad of ten for 1500pt. They were that good.)
Fluff-wise, they're supposed to be.
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
SilverDragonRed
Padawan Learner

Post by SilverDragonRed »

Farscape- Rygel (in Crichton's body) to a Skeksis: "I just peed in the maintainance bay!"

Europa Report- Lady scientist walks out onto the surface of the moon of Europa and stares with wonder at her surroundings and up at Jupiter. [Only non-character based moment I can say I enjoyed]
Ah yes, the "Alpha Legion". I thought we had dismissed such claims.
Tandrax218
Padawan Learner

Post by Tandrax218 »

oh yeah i just remembered a scene that i love

its from the lynch Dune movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv87NJ2xX0k
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

I'd say Irulan's opening monologue or the 'Are there worm signs' scenes (or Paul riding a worm for the first time) were far more memorable but it's nice to meet somebody else who actually liked the Lynch movie.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Tandrax218
Padawan Learner

Post by Tandrax218 »

irulan's hot and cool and all

but every time i see/hear this scene/song it sends goosebumps up my spine...

and i like the Lynch version more than the mini series, those just look cheap as hell.....
Gaidin
Sith Devotee

Post by Gaidin »

Batman wrote:I'd say Irulan's opening monologue or the 'Are there worm signs' scenes (or Paul riding a worm for the first time) were far more memorable but it's nice to meet somebody else who actually liked the Lynch movie.
I liked the Lynch movie not because of the overall movie(there were certain things that were just...odd if not crazy), but because they just nailed certain key scenes.

A few of them:
Gom Jobbar
Hunter-seeker
Death of Thufir Hawat
I can kill with a word