CW The 100

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

dragon
Sith Marauder

CW The 100

Post by dragon »

So did anyone else catch the series premier? Got in on DVR and only watch the first ten minutes but seems to be an interesting premise. It's set 97 years after a nuclear war and the orbiting stations are running out of resources. So they take 100 young prisoners and send to the planet to see if they can survive.
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Re: CW The 100

Post by GuppyShark »

I think it's aimed at the Hunger Games market.
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

I saw the trailer, the space station looks beautiful, not so sold on another 'Lord of the Flies' story.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
Gunhead
Jedi Council Member

Post by Gunhead »

I watched the pilot and based on that I'm going to go with KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE! Apparently their space station is powered by stupid, since that's the only thing I think of why they have so much of it on board. No, wait. My second theory is that stupid is a contagious disease in the future and unfortunately all the survivors are infected by it. Could be both.

-Gunhead
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
-Generalfeldmarschall Erwin Rommel

"And if you don't wanna feel like a putz
Collect the clues and connect the dots
You'll see the pattern that is bursting your bubble, and it's Bad" -The Hives
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

To be fair, the kids on the ground are exactly as wilderness survival savvy as I would expect a bunch of teenagers who've spent their lives in space prison would be.

If only the stupid were limited to character behaviours.