Iron Man3 photos come out.

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Iron Man3 photos come out.

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Don;t know if this is already out there, didn't see a thread, so here you go!

Admitted it is only two photos, hopefully more shall come out.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Re: Iron Man3 photos come out.

GHETTO EDIT:

Um not sure if it counts, but should "SPOILERS" be added to the title?
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Those are some blurry photos and yet another power armour villain (one I never have heard about before to boot)? The 'realism' angle went out the window the moment they did 'Thor' so how about a villain people actually know, like the Mandarin?
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

That's "Iron Patriot." Norman Osborn (The Green Goblin) used the persona to generate public support during the whole "Dark Reign" event where he became head of S.H.I.E.L.D. I doubt they'll actually use Osborn for the movie, so they'll probably keep the basic "theme" of Iron Patriot as a super-villain with ambitions of total control wrapped up in a patriotic color scheme to fool the public.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Sony own Norman Osborn?
Wouldn't be impossible for Marvel to have him in the next movie?
Also do we KNOW he is the villain? I'll admit I know NOTHING about this guy, but, well, couldn't it just be a sort of "Captain America" suit for a good guy?
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
andrewgpaul
Jedi Council Member

Post by andrewgpaul »

From the blurb in the article:

"That's actor James Badge Dale ("The Departed," TV's "24") as Eric Savin, one of the villains of "Iron Man 3." In the comics, Savin is a soldier who is gravely injured in a land mine explosion and reanimated as a cyborg called Coldblood-7. It looks like the movie merges his character from the books with the Iron Patriot armor (which was worn by Spider-Man's nemesis Norman Osborn, aka the Green Goblin)."
"So you want to live on a planet?"
"No. I think I'd find it a bit small and wierd."
"Aren't they dangerous? Don't they get hit by stuff?"
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Sony own Norman Osborn?
Wouldn't be impossible for Marvel to have him in the next movie?
Also do we KNOW he is the villain? I'll admit I know NOTHING about this guy, but, well, couldn't it just be a sort of "Captain America" suit for a good guy?
The color scheming is a bit different, way too much blue, but the character looks pretty clearly like Iron Patriot, which is how Osborn reinvented himself after seizing all of Stark's assests and becoming the 'legitimate' head of SHIELD (which he re-named HAMMER.)

Actually if this is a sort of Dark Avengers thing, where the next round of movies will introduce/develop the Avenger's evil opposites for them to throw down with in Avengers 2, I'm surprisingly cool with that. Or even a keep the original plot, that villains (led by Osborn or whoever fills the IP armor) take over SHIELD and the legitimate superheroes become fugitives.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Hmmm interesting...
So the next round of movies may all be about introducing each Hero's opposite, and they all team up in Avengers-II?
So...
Thor - Loki
Hulk - The Leader?
Iroman - Iron Patriot evidently?
Captain America - Hmm no idea...

But sounds like an interesting concept. Another movie for each main hero.. A new Bad guy introduced, and they all team up together... Could be done :)
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

They're definitely doing the leader since we say his "birth" in Incredible Hulk. For Cap, they might bring back Red Skull, or have a modern Hydra leader on the "bad team" with his goons acting as the mooks.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Darksider wrote:They're definitely doing the leader since we say his "birth" in Incredible Hulk. For Cap, they might bring back Red Skull, or have a modern Hydra leader on the "bad team" with his goons acting as the mooks.
Personally I think the "Red Skull" will be back.

He basically got swallowed in a hole in space. Not melted, or disintegrated, but just swallowed.
I don't know that much of Comic book lore, but I am pretty sure there is more then one "Red Skull gets lost in time and comes back to face Captain America" out there.

And yeah DEFIANTLY the Leader is in for Hulk2
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

The Red Skull had some stasis thing in the comics for getting to the present. Or clone bodies, I don't really remember, but he's as much a modern!Cap villain as he was in the 40s.

Though it also wouldn't be unprecedented for them to combine two IM villains to make things more interesting, like they did with Whiplash/Crimson Dynamo in IM2.

Am I the only one who thinks the pic looks more ridiculous the more I see it? He looks uncannily like a Power Rangers villain or something. Hopefully they'll clean things up some on film.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Most of the suits look ugly with out the fancy camera angles and CGI and digital cleanup touches.
Also it's color scheme clashes something fierce.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

They certainly seem to have found a way to make a mess of the Captain America colour theme, at least going by those two pictures.
And from what I have (unfortunately) seen of it (in its various incarnations), Power Rangers villains tend to be on the rubbery looking badly done tentacled creature end of things, not power armour.
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

Okay, it's not rubbery so much as... very bright and clumsy looking? It sort of makes me think of that of Power Rangers/Ultraman/Big Bad Beetleborg shows we had as kids. And Bean isn't wrong about the color scheme.

As an alternative to bringing back the Red Skull, they could have US agent or one of the others who shows up and claims to be the REAL Captain America or the one who's modern and relevant. Though if you put a second Cap and Iron Patriot on the same Evil Avengers team you're probably overdosing on red, white and blue. Or you could do the Winter Soldier, they seemed to take pains to leave that option open to them in the Cap movie.

Hmm... have never heard of this Coldblood before, but google-fu says 90's cyborg mercenary anti-hero. Robocop origin story: soldier (lt. Col) killed by landmine, resurrected as cyborg soldier by a supersoldier program called Project Ultratech which he was the commander of before becoming a test subject. His girlfriend, incidently, took the lead on his reconstruction, Found out his replacement as commander was insane and abusing his authority to build an army of robot-killers loyal to him instead of U.S gov. Killed said commander, overcoming some loyalty programming in the process.

Doesn't seem to have much gone for supervillainy. Fought a number of cyborg supervillains and govt agents wishing to study the tech that went into him. Worked briefly for Roxxon, but it was actually all legit. Fell in with Silver Sable's mercenary crew.
powers and abilities section wrote:Eric Savin was converted into the cyborg Coldblood-7 by Dr. Gina Dyson and other Project: Ultra-Tech surgeons following designs by Mako. This gave him superhuman strength, speed, stamina, and durability, and enhanced sensory systems. Coldblood also has the ability to interface with virtually any computer system, and, by mentally entering "cyberspace," to communicate with such systems. He has a wetware-grafted computer grafted to his organic brain, a plasti-steel-reinforced skeleton, an artificial heart, synthetic hemoglobin, and artificial right eye, and artificial limbs. The right half of his face is an armored cybernetic implant. The organic portion of Coldblood's body still requires food, drink, oxygen and sleep. His in-built computer requires a recharge of electricity every twelve months of active service. The portion of Coldblood's organic brain that controls personal memories was removed during surgery that made him into a cyborg.

Coldblood wears body armor and uses conventional firearms, including a .357 automatic gun implanted in his artificial left hand. Mako and Project: Ultra-Tech also specially designed a high speed automobile for him, with built-in guns, which can be remote controlled by a device in Coldblood's left wrist.

Coldblood is an excellent hand-to-hand combatant, highly trained in commando fighting, and is a superb marksman with conventional firearms.

Hmm, well making him a rouge super-soldier attempt would help explain the red white and blue. But this seems a lot more like someone movie Stark would shelter and offer a job to. I just don't know.
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

It's two not inconsiderably grainy pictures so nothing much to go on but going by those pictures the suit doesn't look any more clumsy than the Mk II/III or the War Machine suit.
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

I have heard rumours they were using bits and pieces of the Extremis storyline.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
The Cooler King
Padawan Learner

Post by The Cooler King »

There are also indications that they're using bits and pieces of the Armor Wars storyline. Some actor I never heard of was announced as playing Firepower (huge-ass semi-mecha suit complete with tactical nuclear weapons), who kicked Stark's ass (and destroyed the Silver Centurion suit, to boot) before Stark returned to curbstomp him with a new suit. At the end of The Avengers, there was also a bit with a "Senator Boynton", who played a role in Firepower's rise to, er, power.
I don't like being a bastard, but they leave me no choice.

-Marshal Law, "The Hateful Dead"
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

According to Empire the Mandarin is in it as well, but only as a bit part.
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
lord Martiya
Jedi Master

Post by lord Martiya »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:Captain America - Hmm no idea...
William Burnside, the man that in the comics found a nazi version of the Super Soldier Serum and offered it to the FBI in exchange to be allowed to become the next Captain America and serve as a symbol during the Korea War, but underwent surgery to get the looks and voice of Steve Rogers (and legally changed the name to match, but that was fast) and recovered when the war was over. He then assumed the Super Serum anyway to battle a KBG agent pretending to be the original Red Skull (responsible, among other things, of the deaths of Peter Parker's parents), before the Super Serum not stabilized by vita rays drove him mad and the governement froze him until being recovered by Neo Nazi.

The actual Red Skull and the Mandarin should be saved for The Avengers 2. But then I wonder who they'll bring out as counterparts for Thor and Hulk...
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

So we have an Iron Patriot/cyborg, the Mandarin, some of Extremis and some of Armor Wars? This sounds more like an ungodly mess than anything.

It's not like any Avenger has a terribly small rouge's gallery. For that matter, they've proven able to reuse a villain at least once with Loki.
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Tradition? Spider-Man 3 was an ungodly mess, X3 was an ungodly mess, maybe they feel the need to keep the 3rd movie an ungodly mess?
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Yeah, I'm worried about how much they're cramming into this one. You'd think they had learned their lessons given how the Avengers-setup almost dragged down the second film.

As the first of the post-Avengers films, this one's going to be interesting and we still don't know how much of the fallout it'll be dealing with. While I think the core elements of "Extremis" will remain intact, the Chitauri invasion may provide the catalyst for the plot and the development of the nanotech serum.

Consider: The people of Earth have learned they're not alone in the universe and that there are unfriendly aliens out there. Worse to some, the Americans have assembled their own super-powered team. What's to stop them from sending the Avengers into a hostile nation or war? Should the other major powers respond by accelerating their own weapons research or super-human recruitment? This was a key driving point of The Ultimates 2 back in 2005 and could explain the origin of the Extremis compound within the MCU continuity. We might even see the Liberators at some point down the road as an anti-Avengers team.
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Please god don't let them do the "Liberators." I thought Grand Theft America was the stupidest arc in the entire Ultimate Marvel universe, and for Ultimate Marvel, that's saying something.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

We may be exaggerating the number of plot elements that are going to get crammed into the movie as serious elements.

So far, the Marvel movies have done pretty well by using the comics as inspiration and creating original plots. Like Hulk 2, which is a typical Incredible Hulk story using many of the typical Hulk themes: military pursuing Banner, Banner struggling to control or cure his rages, and Hulk having to fight a gamma-powered abomination. The Thor movie is a fairly typical Thor story, featuring his rivalry with Loki, his dual role as protector of Asgard and of Earth, his responsibilities as a prince or a god, and other Norse mythology-derived elements like the frost giants.

For Iron Man, each movie has revolved around Stark's personal growth, his struggle with responsibility for his own actions and role in society, and his efforts to control the advanced Iron Man technology so that it can be a force for good. Those are the themes from the comic books too, which is probably why they work. Even Avengers brought at least two of those themes into play, so that's not just something they're doing with the dedicated Iron Man 'line.'

In the same spirit as this pattern, the Iron Man movies have had room for two serious bad guys apiece: Reza and Stane, Hammer and Vanko. We could easily afford one "soldier equipped with Iron Man-derived technology" and one "shadowy villain who provides the technology." Whether this villain is derived from any particular comic-book story arc, or a mashup of several of them, is kind of irrelevant, and it doesn't need to get in the way of making the movie work.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

IMDB lists Eric Savan, Mandarin and Firepower. Also IM will be heading to China.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!