Power Of The Daleks Fan Film

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Lost Soal
Sith Devotee

Power Of The Daleks Fan Film

Post by Lost Soal »

If the Beeb can't find em, then the fans will make em.
Power Of The Daleks Fan Film Convention To Be Held
Friday, March 09, 2012 - Posted by John Bowman
A charity convention celebrating the fan film Power of the Daleks is to be held later this year.

The film, made by the Doctor Who enthusiasts behind the highly successful Portsmouth stage productions of The Web of Fear, Fury From The Deep, The Evil of the Daleks, and The Dalek Masterplan (the latter renamed from the original), adapts and reimagines Patrick Troughton's inaugural story.

Starring Nick Scovell as the Doctor and also featuring Nicholas Briggs, Lisa Bowerman and Barnaby Edwards in the cast, it is to be shown online in three mini-episodes in April, July, and September, but will receive a full showing on the big screen at the Power: Reimagined convention. Entry tickets pay for admission to the convention but the screening of the film is free and non-profit-making.

Teasers and a trailer for the film plus mini-documentaries about its making can be seen on the group's official YouTube channel. The trailer, which was released last Christmas, can also be seen below.

The convention takes place on Saturday 1st September at Ferneham Hall in Fareham and guests announced so far (work permitting) are Michael Troughton, who has recently published a biography about his father, and the Doctor Who Restoration Team, with more to come.

Also taking place during the day will be talks by cast and crew from the original series and remake, as well as photo and autograph sessions. Props from the remake will be on display too.

Money raised by the convention will go to Cancer Research UK and Children In Need.

This looks good.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Ancient Egyptian Blessing

Ivanova is always right.
I will listen to Ivanova.
I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God.
AND, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out! - Babylon 5 Mantra

There is no "I" in TEAM. There is a ME however.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Re: Power Of The Daleks Fan Film

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

That looks awesome, a lot better than I expected when I saw the words "fan film."

1st of september eh? Might have to make it down south for that. Sounds like fun.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Eternal_Freedom wrote:That looks awesome, a lot better than I expected when I saw the words "fan film."

1st of september eh? Might have to make it down south for that. Sounds like fun.
Well, first off it's a remake of a Second Doctor story, parts of which are lost, that's generally very highly rated, and the guy doing the daleks (Nick Briggs) voices is is the guy that does the actual voices for the show.

So... the writing's at least semi-professional and there's some professional actors in it. ;)

Definately looking forward to seeing this one.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

NecronLord wrote:
Eternal_Freedom wrote:That looks awesome, a lot better than I expected when I saw the words "fan film."

Well, first off it's a remake of a Second Doctor story, parts of which are lost, that's generally very highly rated, and the guy doing the daleks (Nick Briggs) voices is is the guy that does the actual voices for the show.

So... the writing's at least semi-professional and there's some professional actors in it. ;)

Definately looking forward to seeing this one.
This I knew, I've got the Lost in Time set that has at least one of the original episodes (or parts thereof - it's been a while since I saw it). Still, "fan film" always puts me in mind of those youtube "Empire vs Federation" mashups. So this looks much better than anticipated.

Heck, those Daleks props they have look pretty good as well from the limited views in the trailer. I'll certainly watch it online but depending on circumstances might even head down to Fareham to see it for real.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

Nick Scovell and his group have been mounting a very successful series of stage productions of lost Doctor Who episodes for more than a decade now. They produced what was considered one of the better DW fanvid efforts: "The Millenium Trap" which also featured expertly-built Daleks. The BBC have given him and his group a degree of approval so long as their efforts remain non-profit.
When ballots have fairly and constitutionally decided, there can be no successful appeal back to bullets.
—Abraham Lincoln

People pray so that God won't crush them like bugs.
—Dr. Gregory House

Oil an emergency?! It's about time, Brigadier, that the leaders of this planet of yours realised that to remain dependent upon a mineral slime simply doesn't make sense.
—The Doctor "Terror Of The Zygons" (1975)
RecklessPrudence
Padawan Learner
Location: Largest Island, Sol III - invasion not recommended, terrain and wildlife extremely hostile.

Post by RecklessPrudence »

Speaking of, does anyone know how to get the Millennium Trap nowadays? All the links lead to here, but that says it's been taken down due to a change in terms of where it had been uploaded. Does anyone know of another site, or torrent, or something? It's not even up in crappy quality in its component parts on YouTube.
Yes, I know my username is an oxyMORON, thankyou for pointing that out, you're very clever.

MEMBER: Evil Autistic Conspiracy. Working everyday to get as many kids immunized as possible to grow our numbers.

'I don't believe in gunship diplomacy, but a couple of battleships in low orbit over my enemy's capital can't but help negotiations.'