BSG: Blood and Chrome footage.

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Adrian McNair
Padawan Learner

BSG: Blood and Chrome footage.

Post by Adrian McNair »

So, the Blood and Chrome Wondercon reel has just been leaked online. I was beginning to think that this particular project was dead in the water. Hopefully, it'll stay online for a decent amount of time before the copyright patrol takes it down. Or at least long enough for any interested in seeing it.

I'm still on the fence about the actor they've cast for Adama. He's still too much of an unknown quantity for me at the moment. And he does look unnervingly similar to Wesley Crusher in certain shots.

Is it just me or did the CGI in the main BSG series gradually decline in quality? At first, back when Zoic was onboard the visual effects seemed to be more realistic and grounded (in the season one to two period). But then when they switched to in-house effects the spacecraft and other elements began to become more plastic and artificial in appearance. It's particular noticeable in the season four spacebattles. I'm only bringing this up because the CGI doesn't appear to be drastically improved from what came before. But I do love a good spacebattle and it looks like it'll be filling that quotient in spades.

The greenscreen sets are pretty jarring as well (a little too reminiscent of Amanda Tapping's Sanctuary in appearance). Apparently one of the reasons why the series has been in development hell for so long was because they had struggled to achieve the right look for those aforementioned virtual settings.

But I'm definitely interested in it now, though I do have my reservations (the spectre of that fucking ending still lingers in my mind). If it does live up to the potential it'll fill the space opera void quite nicely.

EDIT: Fuck, it's already been posted. Damn it!
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Re: BSG: Blood and Chrome footage.

Post by Stofsk »

Locked for redundancy