In 40K News: Bill King, Writing about the Macharian Crusade

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Bob the Gunslinger
Has not forgotten the face of his father

Re: In 40K News: Bill King, Writing about the Macharian Cru

Post by Bob the Gunslinger »

evilsoup wrote:No, they're horns, just like on the model; they're a reference to Alexander the Great, who was often depicted as a sort of demigod, as represented by his having horns.

Did you even look at the model?
"Gunslinger indeed. Quick draw, Bob. Quick draw." --Count Chocula

"Unquestionably, Dr. Who is MUCH lighter in tone than WH40K. But then, I could argue the entirety of WWII was much lighter in tone than WH40K." --Broomstick

"This is ridiculous. I look like the Games Workshop version of a Jedi Knight." --Harry Dresden, Changes

"Like...are we canonical?" --Aaron Dembski-Bowden to Dan Abnett
The Reaper
Redshirt

Post by The Reaper »

I heard the Macharian Crusade was similar to what they thought would happen at the end of the Great Crusade. They tore up the worlds in their path, but they reached the Halo Stars and it is said that Macharius wept when he knew that he couldn't go any further, after that everyone got bored and, not having anything to do, they turn on eachother. It is also said Macharius disappeared (he might be being kept by Trazyn.)
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the Internet.

There is only WAAAAGGHHH!
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

So the picture is not to be taken literally?

Because that's all the trappings of a classic living saint there, and I really didn't think he was one, just a good general.
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Optimus Metallus
Redshirt

Post by Optimus Metallus »

Yeah, taking a closer look at the picture, those are laurels and not horns. Sounds like it'll make for a really great book, though. Macharius has always been one of my favorite characters from the 2nd edition Codex: Imperial Guard.
Brother-Captain Optimus Metallus
Ultramarines 3rd Battle Company