Tron Legacy: OMFG *Spoilers*

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Re: Tron Legacy: OMFG *Spoilers*

Post by Molyneux »

Lord Relvenous wrote:
Molyneux wrote: I am hoping that if they do make a sequel, Quorra turns out to be able to display some User-like abilities in the real world. Would be an interesting turnaround, and a great way of demonstrating exactly why Flynn went so gaga about Isos (even aside from their existence as self-created intelligences).
Seeing as how almost the exact same reveal was made in the Matrix trilogy and was generally poorly received by fans (AFAIK), I doubt them doing something similar.
The problem with that twist was that the Matrix at least tried to look like semi-hard sci fi until that reveal - Neo's abilities boiled down to nothing more than an interesting aptitude for programming. Letting him somehow use those abilities in the non-programmed "real world" was...strange, to say the least.

Also, giving him Jesus powers in the real world was far from the worst-received feature of that trilogy.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Quorra appeared in the real world using Flynn's bio-mass, apparently.

So I guess CLU was going to go out by himself and do... something... to get people and materials to digitize so he could extract his army?
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Well, considering that Flynn planned that the Ios (sp) would be able to change the "real" world, presumably he had a setup to allow programs to leave the Grid and become "real" already before Clu2 tore everything up.
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
Coalition
Jedi Master

Post by Coalition »

SAMAS wrote:Well, considering that Flynn planned that the Ios (sp) would be able to change the "real" world, presumably he had a setup to allow programs to leave the Grid and become "real" already before Clu2 tore everything up.
I just had a thought. The Grid could be used for recylcing and manufacturing. Instead of trying to recycle things, separate them out, etc, you transport the material to the grid, and pop out finished products.

I.e. transport in raw materials (or trash), and pop out a new car. Pop in a bottle of ink, material to make a book, combine it with a pdf, and you get a printed book out.