Your in Charge of equipping a UNIT flying squad

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Your in Charge of equipping a UNIT flying squad

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

tired of getting slaughtered by cybermen, UNIT puts you in charge of logistics of outfitting a helo transported urban emergency response force. Your mission is to provide troops for urban incursions from all the nasty beasties that Primeaval, Torchwood, and Who-verse keep having to deal with.

you may equip them with any kit that is available via the UN member nations. You may choose your transport helo, and anything that it can carry. You must provide intellegence about the threats and try to minimalize the civilian casualties. So Mr. Milo Mindbender, who are you guys going to equip your UN forces?

for extra bonus points travel to the US, and save the bacon of an SG team that's not got named characters.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
The Yosemite Bear

Re: Your in Charge of equipping a UNIT flying squad

not provided by a UN member nation, also while Pertwee's hovercraft does exist it's not easy to transport via Helocoptor....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Dude they have space defence bases in Kent. What do you think they did with the Whomobile and the dozens of pew pew laser guns? A burnt offering?
The Yosemite Bear

ok, but the hovercraft yes can be replicated, however you still are going to be trying to move out fast, minimlaize civvy casualties, thus you do get helo transport as a rapid response (ok you could teleport)

Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Dude its not a hovercraft; it flies like a plane. It's a space-car. The ultrasonic disintegrators a) explode people leaving nothing but a cloud of smoke and b) cause small explosions when they hit the ground. Civilian casualties aren't going to be caused by UNIT (in the UNIT alternate universe of the 70s nobody woudl care anyway).