WH40k Psykers

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

dragon
Sith Marauder

WH40k Psykers

Post by dragon »

According to Various places Beta are the strongest sane type of psyker that the Imperium uses. Alpha classes tends to be insane however was wondering about Alpha+ and beyond. According to 4th edition A+ are beings capable of tearing a titan in half type stuff with levels beyond reserved for gods and such.

What are some of the examples of A+? Would that be like the demon in the last part of the Ultramarines book where it wiped out an entire army by itself? Are there any examples of the beyond abilities.
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Re: WH40k Psykers

Post by NecronLord »

dragon wrote:According to Various places Beta are the strongest sane type of psyker that the Imperium uses.
This is not actually true. What's true is that power and stability are generally inversely correlated. Of course, for vs debate purpouses, there was at least one machine found, that the Emperor built, that turned normal humans into stable A+ or beyonds.
Alpha classes tends to be insane however was wondering about Alpha+ and beyond. According to 4th edition A+ are beings capable of tearing a titan in half type stuff with levels beyond reserved for gods and such.
There is more than A+, before one is 'speculated to not need a physical form at all.' The Inquisition background book has it in, but I didn't buy that book, because it's shit. It goes B>A>A+>B+>C+ and so on. A+ is about the top level that's even vaguely common.
What are some of the examples of A+? Would that be like the demon in the last part of the Ultramarines book where it wiped out an entire army by itself? Are there any examples of the beyond abilities.
Demons are something else. There's the 'Apex Twins'

Malcador the Siggilite would be an example of a stable human beyond A+ somewhere.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

NecronLord wrote:
dragon wrote:According to Various places Beta are the strongest sane type of psyker that the Imperium uses.
This is not actually true. What's true is that power and stability are generally inversely correlated. Of course, for vs debate purpouses, there was at least one machine found, that the Emperor built, that turned normal humans into stable A+ or beyonds.
Is there a story or book on this somewhere?
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Darth Hoth
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Hoth »

NecronLord wrote:There's the 'Apex Twins'
If you do not want to search, in essence two little girls hundreds of years old who killed a Black Ship, an Inquisition citadel and a number of Inquisitors since sent out to apprehend them. (Right?)
"But there's no story past Episode VI, there's just no story. It's a certain story about Anakin Skywalker and once Anakin Skywalker dies, that's kind of the end of the story. There is no story about Luke Skywalker, I mean apart from the books."

-George "Evil" Lucas
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

His Divine Shadow wrote:
NecronLord wrote:
Is there a story or book on this somewhere?
Faith and Fire - a Sisters of Battle novel.

Wherein the sisters find a machine the Emperor made to make anyone a stable top grade psyker. And refuse to believe the Emperor would make such a thing, because as we all know, he hates witches, and promptly destroy it.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Darth Hoth wrote:
NecronLord wrote:There's the 'Apex Twins'
If you do not want to search, in essence two little girls hundreds of years old who killed a Black Ship, an Inquisition citadel and a number of Inquisitors since sent out to apprehend them. (Right?)
Yep. Two small girls. Who broke out of Nemesis Tessera.

Link.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

NecronLord wrote: Yep. Two small girls. Who broke out of Nemesis Tessera.
And just to clarify, when they broke out of Nemesis Tessera, they were still actually children, as opposed to just looking like cute, harmless little girls who just want to play in your dismembered body parts.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

NecronLord wrote: Malcador the Siggilite would be an example of a stable human beyond A+ somewhere.
The Inquisition in some 40K short story compilation recruited (and saved from some DAoT era dreadnought-man) some psyker who was thought/believed to be some sort of mini-Emperor (another Sigilite?) - I imagine that applies as well.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Warped Stars by Ian Watson. He was obviously pretty high level, yeah.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Fuck... Commodus Volke was able to apprehend the Apex Twins? Holy shit, he must've been a badass!

That must mean that daemonhosts, like whatshisface from Eisenhorn, must be supremely badass!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Fuck... Commodus Volke was able to apprehend the Apex Twins? Holy shit, he must've been a badass!

That must mean that daemonhosts, like whatshisface from Eisenhorn, must be supremely badass!
He caught them and 31 OTHER Psykers. (Including trained Alphas). In a war.

I would Really like to hear the story behind that. (It was never explained, only told to Eisenhorn as "An amazing story of extraordinary heroism").
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Tyrian2000
Youngling

Post by Tyrian2000 »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:That must mean that daemonhosts, like whatshisface from Eisenhorn, must be supremely badass!
"Cherubael?"

"Yes?..."

"Kill it."
Peptuck
Is Not A Moderator

Post by Peptuck »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Fuck... Commodus Volke was able to apprehend the Apex Twins? Holy shit, he must've been a badass!
It really is a shame Voke and Yarrick never teamed up. If those two were paired up to fight the legions of Chaos, Abbaddon would never even poke his face out of the Eye.
Cherubael bitch-slapped a Warhound. And later on (I haven't finished Hereticus yet, so I'm probably wrong on this) I think he throws someone into orbit.
X-COM: Defending Earth by blasting the shit out of it.

Writers are people, and people are stupid. So, a large chunk of them have the IQ of beach pebbles. ~fgalkin

You're complaining that the story isn't the kind you like. That's like me bitching about the lack of ninjas in Robin Hood. ~CaptainChewbacca
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

IIRC Volke lead several other inquisitors in that effort.

Cherubael obliterated a Warlord, not a Warhound. The lack of void shields undoubtedly helped.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Black Admiral
Jedi Council Member

Post by Black Admiral »

Peptuck wrote:Cherubael bitch-slapped a Warhound.
No, he didn't.

Cherubael vaporised the entire upper body of a Heavy Warlord-class Battle Titan (it's possible to argue he blew up the plasma reactors, but I don't think so - didn't act like any of the seen plasma reactor explosions).
"I do not say the French cannot come. I only say they cannot come by sea." - Admiral Lord St. Vincent, Royal Navy, during the Napoleonic Wars

"Show me a general who has made no mistakes and you speak of a general who has seldom waged war." - Marshal Turenne, 1641