Would a Sith be able to take over Arnolds Job in T2

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Omega-13
Racist Donkey-Raping Son of a Whore

Would a Sith be able to take over Arnolds Job in T2

Post by Omega-13 »

If you sent Darth Maul to earth to protect John Conner instead of Arnold t-800 series, would Maul be able to hold off the t-1000

this brings into question many things,
could the sith deflect bullets, would the sith be able to get any damn sleep, or would he slowly be worn down because of exhaustion, and last but not least, he has to deal with the authorities aswell.
derek_m_p@hotmail.com

I'm a useless pile of subhuman racist filth who attacked Darth Wong's heritage and accused him of abusing his wife and children!

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 99#1688299
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

1. Just like lasers except you can deflect them at people for extra damage no bullets just are muched up

2. Sleep? Sleep is for the weak! (Ugg I need sleep, But sleep is for the Weak! oh screw it)

3. Jedi Mindtrick/Force Choke
OR
Just say he's going to the Rocky Horror Picture show
:D

Howeve what t-800 could not do is lift t-1000 into the air and drop him into the nearest pool of fire :)(Force hold :D)

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Omega-13

Post by Omega-13 »

1. Just like lasers except you can deflect them at people for extra damage no bullets just are muched up
ok right off the bat, bullets travel at much faster speeds than a blaster bolt from a SW blaster, second, the t-1000 squeezes off the rounds a little faster and a little more accurate than any human could do (scene in mall, in the hallway)

2. Sleep? Sleep is for the weak! (Ugg I need sleep, But sleep is for the Weak! oh screw it)
sleep and rest is always a factor when dealing with a living organism, even most machines need a rest or break, but not terminators. Maul could easily make a mistake if he got tired and worn out. Jin was panting like a dog when he fought Maul, and that was only 10 or 15 seconds

3. Jedi Mindtrick/Force Choke
what mind are you going to trick? force choke what?

and as for picking him up off the ground, the T-1000 is going to be firing rounds off like crazy, good luck concentrating
derek_m_p@hotmail.com

I'm a useless pile of subhuman racist filth who attacked Darth Wong's heritage and accused him of abusing his wife and children!

2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

The bullets wouldn't be deflected by the lightsabre, they would be destroyed by it wouldn't they? If the lightsabre can cut through a bulkhead, as seen in TPM, then a small bullet wouldn't prove a problem. However this leads to the question about weather the bullet is vapourised or melted, like the bulkhead in TPM. If it was melted then you might still get a small blob of molten metal flying at you which, I presume, is still dangerous

Also on the subject of bullets, what's to stop Maul using the force to stop the bullets before they even get to him, like Neo at the end of the Matrix. Or hew could take the easier route and just use the force to take the gun from the T-1000.

And since the T-1000 is made of LIQUID metal wouldn't Maul be able to use the force to compact him into a cube (or some shape) and then shove him into some molten metal. This would probably drain Maul a lot, the T-1000 would probably be resisting his new shape a lot, and probably couldn't be performed for a long time, but it is still a viable idea for getting rid of the T-1000.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

I'll number 3 first
what mind are you going to trick? force choke what?
That was that would he half to deal with the cops
So I said Jedi mind trick them or just force choke em :)

As for the rest I'll quote answer them like normal
ok right off the bat, bullets travel at much faster speeds than a blaster bolt from a SW blaster, second, the t-1000 squeezes off the rounds a little faster and a little more accurate than any human could do (scene in mall, in the hallway)
Sure they do but unlike a blaster you have to reload a bit more, and the fact he can break the gun in his hands agian Force powers (IE bends the barrel a bit, just tin-cans it or yanks it out of his hands)
sleep and rest is always a factor when dealing with a living organism, even most machines need a rest or break, but not terminators. Maul could easily make a mistake if he got tired and worn out. Jin was panting like a dog when he fought Maul, and that was only 10 or 15 seconds
Then agian you have to wonder if Mr Maul would let it last that long,
IE Pop in wait for first attack
Final climatic battle right then and there no need for sleep

As for the battle itself
Its either
A. Big running fight Maul stopping bullets, dodging them then burns up T-1000 Via either Lightsaber or handy pool of molten lava(Lightsabers vaprois/melt things as we see in Epsode 1 on the door, if he pools T-1000 into somthing then just holds the lightsaber the're he might just be able to burn him up, unknow if this would work, not sure, easir to toss him in pit of lava I say ;) )

Or
Maul yanks gun outa hands
T-1000 looks flumicked,
Maul Chockes T-1000
No effect
Maul slices him some
Some effect,
Maul surges starts doing a diping test with t-1000 till he dies
:)

The ability to hold T-1000 at arms length helds quite a bit

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Omega-13

Post by Omega-13 »

The bullets wouldn't be deflected by the lightsabre, they would be destroyed by it wouldn't they?
yep, bullets would just be vaporized

Also on the subject of bullets, what's to stop Maul using the force to stop the bullets before they even get to him, like Neo at the end of the Matrix. Or hew could take the easier route and just use the force to take the gun from the T-1000.
He has to react fast enough to stop every single bullet, hope its not a machine gun

And since the T-1000 is made of LIQUID metal wouldn't Maul be able to use the force to compact him into a cube (or some shape) and then shove him into some molten metal.
A t-1000 is more dense than a human, bullets from a .45 didn't go all the way through it, only shotgun blasts seem to go through it (don't see the exit wounds on t-1000's back from handgun, only shotgun in chase scene from mental institute)
Its not like he's a walking pool of water, he woudln't be able to keep form, he'd splash to the ground, he also doesn't crumple or splash when he's head butted or throw against various walls.
Molten Metal isn't exactly the most common thing in a shopping mall or city,

also would just like to mention, not sure if you could pull the gun from a t-1000 hand, i think it holds onto it more tightly (to keep recoil to a minimum, when firing rapidly) than a human
derek_m_p@hotmail.com

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

He has to react fast enough to stop every single bullet, hope its not a machine gun
He's Sith, He can block a barrage of fire, do backflips keep his orinatition oh and you have Sith sense! :)
Jedi(Good and Evil) can sense when somthing bad is going to TRY and happen to them a few seconds faster than the rest of us
Molten Metal isn't exactly the most common thing in a shopping mall or city,
You'd be suprized to learn how many Blast Furances/Refeners we have around the US that could do the Melt him job

His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Right off the bat, the ability to deflect bolts extends to lasers and bullets and so on, for reasons that they are readily aviable in the SW universe and people have been wanting to kill jedi for 25.000 years, this alone should see why it doesn't matter that much, the trick is to trick the jedi, wich is nigh impossible anyway.

Secondly, checking frame by frame through the movies I see that deflection also shows the saber going into place before the weapon is even fired, ofcourse it's vice versa too but it proves that Jedi's can deflect things moving at C simply because they can see it before it happens.

That and force TK can make particle shields.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Omega-13

Post by Omega-13 »

His Divine Shadow wrote:
Right off the bat, the ability to deflect bolts extends to lasers and bullets and so on, for reasons that they are readily aviable in the SW universe and people have been wanting to kill jedi for 25.000 years, this alone should see why it doesn't matter that much, the trick is to trick the jedi, wich is nigh impossible anyway.

Secondly, checking frame by frame through the movies I see that deflection also shows the saber going into place before the weapon is even fired, ofcourse it's vice versa too but it proves that Jedi's can deflect things moving at C simply because they can see it before it happens.

That and force TK can make particle shields.
that only applies for the first shot, they can't stop a machine gun that fires bullets at C, they can't physically move their hands that fast,

they can make a particle shield, using the force, but how long can that last? They can't multi task when using their TK abilities, yoda had to stop fighting Dooku when he saved Obi wan, and it seems to take a great deal of concentration aswell, not sure if this would be all too good for the Sith if this chase and combat went on for a period of time
derek_m_p@hotmail.com

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

That however was a mult-ton pillar not a 20 ounce fast move hunk of metal

And second COME ON
Machine Guns DONT shot anywhere near C!

His Divine Shadow

Omega-13 wrote:that only applies for the first shot, they can't stop a machine gun that fires bullets at C, they can't physically move their hands that fast,
Incorrect, and I am totally suprised that the first reason I gave you wasn't enough to end debate for all future.
But...

"Luke-!"
Leia's scream distracted him. He flicked his gaze toward the sound of her voice, saw her and the other's turn to look at him-
It was enough for Guri. She took a long, sliding step, and punched-
Luke backpedaled, but even so, her fist hit him in the belly hard.
"Oooff!"
She followed up with an elbow, but he dived away, rolled up and turned, came up with his hands lifted as she darted after him-
He lost contact with the Force, he was on his own-
She slapped him next to the ear and he went down, dazed. If he didn't do something fast, she was going to kill him. The Force, let it work for you Luke. Luke heard Ben's voice calling as if from a great distance, echoing across time and space. Yes. He managed a breath as Guri raised her hand, formed into a blade instead of a fist, a grin of triumph lighting her features-
When he blew out his air, he blew out his fear with it. He had to trust the Force completely. Guri slowed, as if she suddenly mired in thickened time. He saw her hand descending, saw it moving to smash him, but it was so incredibly small, why, he could just easily roll aside and stand, before she ever reached him. He did so. He felt as if he were moving at normal speed, though there was a crackling feeling to his motion, a sound like a strong wind whistling about his ears. He came up, pivoted, thrust his open palm against the descending chop, shoved it aside. He used his left leg, a sweep that caught Guri behind the right ankle. Her feet hit the floor, still moving in slow motion, and she fell, floated down, hit flat on her back.
Time speeded up. Leia's yell still echoed down the corridor.

(ref: Shadows of the Empire)
Oh yes, they can move that fast if they need to.
they can make a particle shield, using the force, but how long can that last? They can't multi task when using their TK abilities, yoda had to stop fighting Dooku when he saved Obi wan, and it seems to take a great deal of concentration aswell, not sure if this would be all too good for the Sith if this chase and combat went on for a period of time
Bad analogy.
Force shield it's called, it's an official forcepower.
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

another example of Jedi moving faster than (normal) human standards would be Obi wan and Qui gonn's rapid acceleration on the Trade Fed. ship at the start of TPM.
Omega-13

Post by Omega-13 »

Thats knowhere near C

Fast enough to dodge bullets i'd have to say yes from a distance, of course, luke made a mistake even in that, and got hit, only takes 1 mistake with a t-1000, he would have gotten speared
derek_m_p@hotmail.com

Omega-13

Post by Omega-13 »

2000AD wrote:another example of Jedi moving faster than (normal) human standards would be Obi wan and Qui gonn's rapid acceleration on the Trade Fed. ship at the start of TPM.
there is certainly a very good reason why they don't do it all the time, why didn't they do it vs the droids in AOTC
derek_m_p@hotmail.com

Omega-13

Post by Omega-13 »

Mr Bean wrote:That however was a mult-ton pillar not a 20 ounce fast move hunk of metal

And second COME ON
Machine Guns DONT shot anywhere near C!
size matters not, (before you guys start saying that volume and mass aren't related)
i'll remind you that in the context of that scene, yoda squeezed luke's shoulder muscle, suggesting weight
derek_m_p@hotmail.com

His Divine Shadow

Omega-13 wrote:Thats knowhere near C

Fast enough to dodge bullets i'd have to say yes from a distance, of course, luke made a mistake even in that, and got hit, only takes 1 mistake with a t-1000, he would have gotten speared
Hardly matters since it hasn't worked before as ultimate jedi killing tools in 25.000 years, and the lone fact that they can move their saber in position before he fires, and his reflexes haven't been shown to be superior to Guri's
Omega-13

Post by Omega-13 »

k sorry, i don't follow, are you saying you agree with me?
derek_m_p@hotmail.com

His Divine Shadow

Omega-13 wrote:k sorry, i don't follow, are you saying you agree with me?
I'm saying bullet weapons and such aren't the jedi killers that some claim they are.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

NTM as I say agian and Agian Bullets don't travel at C!

Falcon
Fundamentalist Moron

Post by Falcon »

One thought...

How fast were the destroyer droids firing in the beginning of TPM?

No machine gun will take down a jedi...
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Two maybe
Three Probably
Five yep he's gone

Omega-13

Post by Omega-13 »

K, firstly, the destroyer droids were not firing as fast as a machine gun, so get that out of your head, and Mr. Bean, what on earth are you talking about
derek_m_p@hotmail.com

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Number of Machine guns firing at One Jedi

EmperorChrostas the Cruel
Rabid Monkey

Post by EmperorChrostas the Cruel »

This is a Sith Lord, not a Jedi, defending Mr. Conner right?
First off, our terminator friend isn't going to know what he's up against until well into the melee, so the green lightning of death might just be a a first shot kill.(can Sith Lords do this, or only the Emperor? I don't know.)
Second, our 'nator has a whole range of vulnerabilities that weren't open to the fleeing broke Conners. (the force has a way, with weak minds, "You want to give me the money, Mr. Gates") Kinetic shock had a short "stun" effect, the greater the energy transfer, the longer the stun. Cryonic temperatures seemed to stop him cold, so to speak. He was never subjected to high voltage, or high current electricity. Given his nature, this might be particularly devastating to him. Hell, a taser might even be more effective on him than a person! Magnetism! This would probably immobilise him, and if you are useing an AC 'lectromag, the induced current might fry him then and there. A lightsaber would instantly vapourise any part of him it touched, and the resulting transfer of heat would induce the "stun" effect, slowing him down at the critical point in combat, the point blank toe to toe.
Third, since our Sith Lord is playing bodyguard, he can "know" where young Jon is safe, long enough to sucker our "nator friend into a well planned ambush. I'm going with the high voltage,as it is so readily available. At the very least, the arc welder effect of the energy transfer should ruin his day. Hell, throwing some very powerful permanent magnets might scramble his circuits. The only reasonable thing he could be made of is a blob of nanites, functioning as brain/body at once. The less there is of him, the slower, dumber, and weaker he gets. Thus, an EMP is instant total shutdown. Ultra sound also has the microwave oven effect, and speaking of microwaves. How about high power industial X-Ray machines?You know, the ones that inspect train wheels for cracks. Ionizing radiation plays hell with circuitry, the smaller the circuit, the greater the damage.
To sum it all up, our terminator's main advantage lies in his stealth factor, combined with his hand to hand and small arms invulnerability. No one, Jedi or Sith would be fooled. One shot with an Imperial blaster would be too much energy him to absorb. Tracer rounds, with the phosphor burning would be a painful gut ache, much less one shot with a 40mm WP grenade round.
Our terminator is way out of his league
Bye bye terminator
Hmmmmmm.

"It is happening now, It has happened before, It will surely happen again."
Oldest member of SD.net, not most mature.
Brotherhood of the Monkey
Omega-13

Post by Omega-13 »

First off, our terminator friend isn't going to know what he's up against until well into the melee, so the green lightning of death might just be a a first shot kill.(can Sith Lords do this, or only the Emperor? I don't know.)
Second, our 'nator has a whole range of vulnerabilities that weren't open to the fleeing broke Conners. (the force has a way, with weak minds, "You want to give me the money, Mr. Gates") Kinetic shock had a short "stun" effect, the greater the energy transfer, the longer the stun
not sure why the force mind trick would work on a t-1000
Cryonic temperatures seemed to stop him cold, so to speak.
not exactly, i downloaded t2 off kazaa and i just timed it, it took exactly 70 seconds for the t-1000 to freeze from point of contact with the liquid nitrogen, and thats with the stuff runing all over his body, thats pretty f*cking tuff and resistant, its going to take more than a meat locker, or cryochamber, he needs to be subjected to it directly, for it to have any effect on him in the short term, judging by how fast it takes his body to change temp.

Given his nature, this might be particularly devastating to him. Hell, a taser might even be more effective on him than a person! Magnetism! This would probably immobilise him, and if you are useing an AC 'lectromag, the induced current might fry him then and there.
speculation, with no supporting evidence anywhere

The only reasonable thing he could be made of is a blob of nanites, functioning as brain/body at once. The less there is of him, the slower, dumber, and weaker he gets. Thus, an EMP is instant total shutdown. Ultra sound also has the microwave oven effect, and speaking of microwaves. How about high power industial X-Ray machines?You know, the ones that inspect train wheels for cracks. Ionizing radiation plays hell with circuitry, the smaller the circuit, the greater the damage.
your entire arguement is complete speculation, you have no idea, all we know is that its made up of a substance that resembles liquid metal (maybe mercury?) no nanites or anything were ever mentioned, don't associate borg nanites and b5 nanites with someone like James Cameron, please

To sum it all up, our terminator's main advantage lies in his stealth factor, combined with his hand to hand and small arms invulnerability.
Thats just a few advantages, how about the fact that it doesn't get tired, and never sleeps? Or how about it can group bullets in a tight pattern when firing a hand gun at very fast speeds, or a machine gun from a helicopter, thats moving, aswell as a moving truck, and still group bullets in a small area? It has the advantage, that it can drive every vehicle and operate every weapon, and most importantly, it doesn't slip up from exhaustion of a battle, (Jin getting exhausted after a 30 second figth with maul, he didn't slip up, but he was panting)

This force user is still humanoid, and it only takes 1 mistake, 1 trip, 1 wrong turn, and it just takes a single bullet, maybe when he's taking a piss, or a big shit, the t-1000 will decide to walk into the house/room with a minigun.
derek_m_p@hotmail.com