Stargate SG-1 s10e14 [spoilers]

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Gustav32Vasa
Worthless Trolling Palm-Fucker

Stargate SG-1 s10e14 [spoilers]

Post by Gustav32Vasa »

So, did it work?

Will the Odessey ever decloak?

Will the 5 Ori warships go directly for Earth?

9/10

Very good episode, though I think that the Ancients could atleast give us knowledge if it worked. 3 ZPMs as thanks perhaps.
"Ha ha! Yes, Mark Evans is back, suckers, and he's the key to everything! He's the Half Blood Prince, he's Harry's Great-Aunt, he's the Heir of Gryffindor, he lives up the Pillar of Storgé and he owns the Mystic Kettle of Nackledirk!" - J.K. Rowling
"Senator, when you took your oath of office, you placed your hand on
the Bible and swore to uphold the Constitution. You did not place your
hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible."
Luzifer's right hand
Jedi Master

Post by Luzifer's right hand »

The cloak is maybe some shield modification, kinda like the puddle jumper shields just the other way round.
I asked The Lord, "Why hath thou forsaken me?" And He spoke unto me saying, "j00 R n00b 4 3VR", And I was like "stfu -_-;;"
Gustav32Vasa

Post by Gustav32Vasa »

Luzifer's right hand wrote:The cloak is maybe some shield modification, kinda like the puddle jumper shields just the other way round.
It must be very power hungry since Daniel hinted that it required a ZPM.
"Ha ha! Yes, Mark Evans is back, suckers, and he's the key to everything! He's the Half Blood Prince, he's Harry's Great-Aunt, he's the Heir of Gryffindor, he lives up the Pillar of Storgé and he owns the Mystic Kettle of Nackledirk!" - J.K. Rowling
Dorsk 81
Sith Devotee

Post by Dorsk 81 »

I love those Jackson/O'Neill moments. Great episode, though I have my doubts if the device worked, if the Ancients could have just taken the device when it was in our galaxy, what would have stopped the Ori doing the same the minute it entered theirs?
"I would, for instance, fellate a smurf before I pick death." Dylan Moran
"Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
EBC's Devonian Deviant | GALE's Supplementary Bi Brit | BoTM's Raw Recruit | GDC's Horny Delphinidae | I'm with RMA | CoIB
Zac Naloen
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zac Naloen »

Dorsk 81 wrote:I love those Jackson/O'Neill moments. Great episode, though I have my doubts if the device worked, if the Ancients could have just taken the device when it was in our galaxy, what would have stopped the Ori doing the same the minute it entered theirs?

My thoughts exactly..

I guess we'll find out in the coming weeks.
Member of the Unremarkables
Just because you're god, it doesn't mean you can treat people that way : - My girlfriend
Evil Brit Conspiracy - Insignificant guy
Xon
Sith Acolyte

Post by Xon »

It requires a Mark 9 to destroy an active outgoing Stargate? :shock:
"Okay, I'll have the truth with a side order of clarity." ~ Dr. Daniel Jackson.
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." ~ Stephen Colbert
"One Drive, One Partition, the One True Path" ~ ars technica forums - warrens - on hhd partitioning schemes.
HSRTG
Jedi Knight

Post by HSRTG »

SG-1 is consistently and amazingly good. The first half didn't give me much confidence, but the latter half of season 10 is looking up.
Kill one man, you're a murderer. Kill a million, a king. Kill them all, a god. - Anonymous
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Xon wrote:It requires a Mark 9 to destroy an active outgoing Stargate? :shock:
An active outgoing gate can be destroyed?! I know they can be overloaded, but they DESTROYED one?
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
atomic danny
Redshirt

Re: Stargate SG-1 s10e14 [spoilers]

Post by atomic danny »

Gustav32Vasa wrote:Will the 5 Ori warships go directly for Earth?
There are 8 Ori ships in the milky way now though :), one went back then another six came through the supergate (plus the one already next to the gate and the other ori ship that was else where makes 8 ships)
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:
Xon wrote:It requires a Mark 9 to destroy an active outgoing Stargate? :shock:
An active outgoing gate can be destroyed?! I know they can be overloaded, but they DESTROYED one?
Yup. Well the Mark IX was designed to blow up Stargates after all. Carter comments that detonating it on the OTHER side of the Gate -not the side of the outgoing event horizon- will ensure none of the energy will be sucked in like when they jumped to the Supergate with the nukes.

Still I wonder how many Mark XI's they have left. The Ori have taken Langara and so they can't get anymore Naquadriah for the bombs....

And JESSSUUSSSS... Morena Baccarin. was HOT in that dress an with that backside waving back and forth as she walked.

I mean if she showed up on my planet, I'd be worshiping the Ori within five minutes.

The episode was good. A little slow in parts for the first 20 mins, but it had some great character moments between all the cast, even the supporting cast. WAY WAY better then the horror that was the Atlantis episode. Oh well, Stargate aint perfect and there have been horror episodes in the past...aka Space Race, aka Demons...

Still its a nice change this week. Atlantis, SG1 and nBSG have been backsliding badly over the last season. Good to see some starting to turn around.
Xon
Sith Acolyte

Post by Xon »

Chris OFarrell wrote:Still I wonder how many Mark XI's they have left. The Ori have taken Langara and so they can't get anymore Naquadriah for the bombs....
They are probably using thier initial Naquadriah stockpile to convert Naquadah into Naquadriah on demand. Hopefully doing this on an expendable planet.
"Okay, I'll have the truth with a side order of clarity." ~ Dr. Daniel Jackson.
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." ~ Stephen Colbert
"One Drive, One Partition, the One True Path" ~ ars technica forums - warrens - on hhd partitioning schemes.
Braedley
Jedi Council Member

Post by Braedley »

"What took you so long?" *zat*
That was priceless.

Great episode too.

Also, I think sci-fi will also be changing the order of the episodes from the production order (to the order that sky one aired them). The current order is the only way that the arc makes sense.
My brother and sister-in-law: "Do you know where milk comes from?"
My niece: "Yeah, from the fridge!"
HRogge
Jedi Master

Post by HRogge »

Xon wrote:
Chris OFarrell wrote:Still I wonder how many Mark XI's they have left. The Ori have taken Langara and so they can't get anymore Naquadriah for the bombs....
They are probably using thier initial Naquadriah stockpile to convert Naquadah into Naquadriah on demand. Hopefully doing this on an expendable planet.
Maybe they converted the naquada asteroid one system lord has thrown at Earth...
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
---------
Honorary member of the Rhodanites
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

Xon wrote:
They could be doing this on earth as it has no Naquadah except what they bought with them. So there is no danger of a runaway reaction like there was on Langara.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

I'm a bit disappointed that the whole thing with Daniel becoming a prior was only a one episode bit. Otherwise fairly good. Hope we get some confirmation as to whether the Ancient device works though.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

I'm concerned about whether it was worth it. Didn't the cowardly asgard (Vesir?) suggest that the device worked by generating a counter-effect to the powers of the Orii? Shouldn't Adria just be able to get up and pull the plug on the damn thing?
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Gustav32Vasa

Post by Gustav32Vasa »

NecronLord wrote:I'm concerned about whether it was worth it. Didn't the cowardly asgard (Vesir?) suggest that the device worked by generating a counter-effect to the powers of the Orii? Shouldn't Adria just be able to get up and pull the plug on the damn thing?
Kvasir, and perhaps the device cant be turnd of. Ofcourse she can simply destroy the device.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

NecronLord wrote:I'm concerned about whether it was worth it. Didn't the cowardly asgard (Vesir?) suggest that the device worked by generating a counter-effect to the powers of the Orii? Shouldn't Adria just be able to get up and pull the plug on the damn thing?
That's what I was thinking. What happens if Adria wakes up before the device goes off and pulls the plug? They'd be fucked hardcore.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Zac Naloen
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zac Naloen »

General Zod wrote:
That's what I was thinking. What happens if Adria wakes up before the device goes off and pulls the plug? They'd be fucked hardcore.

I thought it was rather stupid that they didn't take Adrea and space her
Member of the Unremarkables
Just because you're god, it doesn't mean you can treat people that way : - My girlfriend
Evil Brit Conspiracy - Insignificant guy
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

err...cause she's too hot to be space?
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

I don't remember this, have I missed an episode?
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

His Divine Shadow wrote:I don't remember this, have I missed an episode?
Camelot wrote:
KVASIR: There was enough data for us to summarise what the so called Anti-Ori weapon might be.

CARTER: Really? I wasn't able to make heads or tails of it.

KVASIR: Really?

She looks at him for a moment, a little put-out.

CARTER: Just tell me what you've got.

KVASIR: It is an energy transfer device similar to a Zero Point Module, except that the energy is channelled not from subspace into ordinary space-time but rather into the dimension occupied by ascended beings.

CARTER: And this energy is harmful to them in some way?

KVASIR: It is a form of interference. A simple analogy would be two standing waves cancelling each other out. If the weapon indeed works the way Merlin's writings imply, we would simply need to activate it and send it to the Ori galaxy and they would be eliminated.
That suggests that the thing actually just blocks them out, rather than destroys them. Or at least, that's how I interpreted it.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

But later in the statement, Kvasir explicitly states that they only need to get it to the Ori galaxy and turn it on, and the Ori would be eliminated.

Also, "canceling out" doesn't necessarily mean "blocking their powers" Canceling out the Ori's energy wave may very well destroy them permanently. It wouldn't be much of a weapon if you could undo its effects by turning it off.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Darksider wrote:But later in the statement, Kvasir explicitly states that they only need to get it to the Ori galaxy and turn it on, and the Ori would be eliminated.
Take it on the Asgard ship - remember, momentum is convserved by stargates - zip off into deep space, deposit.

The chances of the Orii's followers being able to find it then would be best represented by exponential numbers in double digits to one.
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

NecronLord wrote:Take it on the Asgard ship - remember, momentum is convserved by stargates - zip off into deep space, deposit.

The chances of the Orii's followers being able to find it then would be best represented by exponential numbers in double digits to one.
I suppose that's correct. Although Adria might have been able to find it, she wasn't around then.

Still, the thing that convinces me that the device is a one-shot kill against the Ori is the fact that Daniel, with merlin's knowledge in his head, expected his plan to succeed. He had to know the Ori followers (especially Adria) would turn on him the second he switched it on. and they have to have the other side of the supergate guarded (assuming they aren't total morons.) Daniel had to plan for the possiblity that his ship would be annihalated a few seconds after he switched the device on, and he was still extremely confident his plan would work.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks