SGA S3 Episode 16 - The Game

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

SGA S3 Episode 16 - The Game

Post by Vympel »

How come no one's started a discussion about this?

For clarification- Tao of Rodney was 15. Episode 14, "Sunday", has for some reason not been aired as of this stage.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Luzifer's right hand
Jedi Master

Post by Luzifer's right hand »

I enjoyed the episode.
However is it just me or does every new thing we learn about the ancients upgrade their "assholeness" level?
I asked The Lord, "Why hath thou forsaken me?" And He spoke unto me saying, "j00 R n00b 4 3VR", And I was like "stfu -_-;;"
Rightous Fist Of Heaven
Jedi Master

Post by Rightous Fist Of Heaven »

Not a bad filler ep at all, surpassed my expectations as a matter of fact.

Bomb carrying blimbs for teh win! :lol:
"The ones they built at the height of nuclear weapons could knock the earth out of its orbit" - Physics expert Envy in reference to the hydrogen bombs built during the cold war.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

One hopes they got onto the Asgard for some... long term damage control there. The Asgard appear to know what they're doing with this sort of thing. Some references to the show's ongoing theme of 'false gods' would be neat, too.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Zac Naloen
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zac Naloen »

Sorry i was gonna start it two days ago but lost my internet connection for a while and forgot.

Anyway, I thought this was a really good filler episode, a reference to false gods and the like would have been cool but as it was it was still good.

Apparently with Sunday gateworld either have the running order mixed up and sunday comes later or TMC are airing it later on in the series for some reason. Either way, it will still be aired.
Member of the Unremarkables
Just because you're god, it doesn't mean you can treat people that way : - My girlfriend
Evil Brit Conspiracy - Insignificant guy
lazerus
The Fuzzy Doom

Post by lazerus »

As a fan of "Civilization" I thought this rocked.
3D Printed Custom Miniatures! Check it out: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pro ... miniatures
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

Once again the Ancients prove they are wonderful at making a large mess of things. Great episode at any rate.

I do wonder however about how exactly Daedalus was blasting stuff on the ground from orbit with enough force to rock the buildings. My guess is that they had some marine (smoking a cigar of course) building C4 satchel charges, having them beamed down, then detonating them or something...
SG-17
Redshirt
Location: In the Atlantis Control Room messing with the lights

Post by SG-17 »

Reminded me of Civilization 4, great game, great episode.
Image Image
HSRTG
Jedi Knight

Post by HSRTG »

That was:

A. Hilarious
B. The Ancients are dicks.
C. Civilization reference, yay
D. Civ Addiction reference
E. All of the above.

Congratulations, the correct answer was E.
Kill one man, you're a murderer. Kill a million, a king. Kill them all, a god. - Anonymous
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

How much stragetic can earth gain in the war against their foes using this technology? They can give them modern science to built industries, and then earth can make plenty of allies who are willing to built ships for them.

The wraith will be shocked why so many human settlements suddenly become advanced in such a short time.
Zac Naloen
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zac Naloen »

ray245 wrote:How much stragetic can earth gain in the war against their foes using this technology? They can give them modern science to built industries, and then earth can make plenty of allies who are willing to built ships for them.

The wraith will be shocked why so many human settlements suddenly become advanced in such a short time.
They can't give it to them, what they can do is tell them to investigate certain things and give pushes in the right direction.

It would take a long while before they reached even Earth level of technology though.
Member of the Unremarkables
Just because you're god, it doesn't mean you can treat people that way : - My girlfriend
Evil Brit Conspiracy - Insignificant guy
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

I don't buy the premise of this episode at all. It's fun. But atlantis was using subspace radios through all 3 seasons with out anyone noticing it or the power drain?

I could buy it if it was after they got the first ZPM but not ever since season 1.
Luzifer's right hand
Jedi Master

Post by Luzifer's right hand »

Crazedwraith wrote:I don't buy the premise of this episode at all. It's fun. But atlantis was using subspace radios through all 3 seasons with out anyone noticing it or the power drain?

I could buy it if it was after they got the first ZPM but not ever since season 1.
Do you think the things need much energy? Even the Goa'uld had those little ball thingies which were good enoug for FTL communication.
I asked The Lord, "Why hath thou forsaken me?" And He spoke unto me saying, "j00 R n00b 4 3VR", And I was like "stfu -_-;;"