nBSG: 1/20/06 "Epiphanies" (spoliers obviously)

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

KhyronTheBackstabber
Jedi Council Member

nBSG: 1/20/06 "Epiphanies" (spoliers obviously)

Post by KhyronTheBackstabber »

Have at it.
MM's Zentraedi Warlord/CF's Original Predacon/JL's Mad Titan
Centurian99
Padawan Learner

Post by Centurian99 »

Roslyn saw Baltar with Six! Holy shit!
InnocentBystander
The Russian Circus

Post by InnocentBystander »

Centurian99 wrote:Roslyn saw Baltar with Six! Holy shit!
It was just a glance, but interesting.
I believe the number was 6 less than last time, was that how many fighters were lost in fight perhaps?
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

Mindfuck Six is back.....
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

We also have definite proof that it's been no more than 189 days since the attack, given that that was the time since the flashback.
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
KhyronTheBackstabber
Jedi Council Member

I was wondering when they'd get back to that nuke.
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

KhyronTheBackstabber wrote:I was wondering when they'd get back to that nuke.
Was that early season one, because I don't remember it at all?
BattleTech for SilCore
Centurian99
Padawan Learner

Post by Centurian99 »

Yeah, Baltar got Adama to give him a Nuke. Claimed he needed the plutonium for his Cylon detector.
InnocentBystander
The Russian Circus

Post by InnocentBystander »

Wait, I'm confused, is she an activist or a cylon?
KhyronTheBackstabber
Jedi Council Member

The Dark wrote:
KhyronTheBackstabber wrote:I was wondering when they'd get back to that nuke.
Was that early season one, because I don't remember it at all?
Yeah, he said he needed the warhead for the Cylon detector.
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Still talking about peace? :?

At their current situation, I would think they'd be happy to be alive!
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

InnocentBystander wrote:Wait, I'm confused, is she an activist or a cylon?
Seems to be a human whack-a-loon, but we won't know until the Inquisition is through with her.
centurian99 wrote:Yeah, Baltar got Adama to give him a Nuke. Claimed he needed the plutonium for his Cylon detector.
Ah. Didn't start watching until late one or early two, so I missed that episode.
BattleTech for SilCore
Centurian99
Padawan Learner

Post by Centurian99 »

"Yeah, but it's a start."

Another one for the quote book.
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

Ummm...if Tylium in neo-BSG is anything like Tylium in the original series, using explosives on a refinery is a really stupid idea.
BattleTech for SilCore
KhyronTheBackstabber
Jedi Council Member

Something tells me Zarek has a hand in this.
Centurian99
Padawan Learner

Post by Centurian99 »

That's a problem.
Centurian99
Padawan Learner

Post by Centurian99 »

Losing the FTL on the refinery, I mean.
Shadow WarChief
Rabid Monkey

Post by Shadow WarChief »

Perhaps now would be a good time to mention to the fleet that President Adar ALREADY TRIED surrendering to the cylons on the day of the attack and the toasters didn't even bother responding.
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Baby commercial.. Yawn... Probably the Righties over Abortion... HOLY SHIT THE SPINE GLOWED RED AUGH FUCK AUGH.

That was awesome.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Seems Moore has decided to allow a story with suicide terrorists as the theme, but this is ludicrous. They're running away from the Cylons not fighting them! Jesus christ.

Perhaps he was wants to convey the irrational reasons that they have but this episode is really starting to irritate me.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

I wonder if it's possible to tow the refinery through FTL with a large enough ship.
BattleTech for SilCore
Centurian99
Padawan Learner

Post by Centurian99 »

Stupid people irritate me.

I'd like to say, no way, this is unrealistic as hell...but I can see it happening.
Centurian99
Padawan Learner

Post by Centurian99 »

Gina's back!
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

Gina as part of the peace movement?
BattleTech for SilCore
Centurian99
Padawan Learner

Post by Centurian99 »

And that is one traumatized female.