Q Offers to Make You a Primarch

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Lord_Of_Change 9
Youngling

Q Offers to Make You a Primarch

Post by Lord_Of_Change 9 »

So, Q appears, and gives you an offer you simply can't refuse. He offers to make you a Primarch from Warhammer 40K, and not just a 'generic' Primarch, but one of the 18 Primarchs we have information on. You get all their powers and abilities, as well as their technology. And yes, you will still have a sex drive after he transforms you.

Do you agree to his offer? And if so, which Primarch do you agree to become?
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Re: Q Offers to Make You a Primarch

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Fulgrim, and if I'm Fulgrim during the Heresy I don't wuss out and harbor regret! Death to the False Emperor!
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Lord_Of_Change 9
Youngling

Ghetto edit: you have to pick a Pre-Heresy Primarch and you don't get any Chaos-tainted equipment.
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

A question. Do we get to keep our out of universe knowledge of the setting and the events about to happen? Knowing all that in advance would be a major plus.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
Xenophobe3691
Sith Marauder

Post by Xenophobe3691 »

Magnus the Red. And next time, just haul my entire legion to Terra when I find out Horus has fallen
Dark Heresy: Dance Macabre - Imperial Psyker Magnus Arterra

BoTM
Proud Decepticon

Post 666 Made on Fri Jul 04, 2003 @ 12:48 pm
Post 1337 made on Fri Aug 22, 2003 @ 9:18 am
Post 1492 Made on Fri Aug 29, 2003 @ 5:16 pm

Hail Xeno: Lord of Calculus -- Ace Pace
Lord_Of_Change 9
Youngling

Purple wrote:A question. Do we get to keep our out of universe knowledge of the setting and the events about to happen? Knowing all that in advance would be a major plus.
Q didn't say anything about dumping you into the 30k setting, did he?
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

Well god dam it than you have to set more details for the scenario.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
Xenophobe3691
Sith Marauder

Post by Xenophobe3691 »

Still, Magnus the Red, and start a school on use of The Warp?
Dark Heresy: Dance Macabre - Imperial Psyker Magnus Arterra

BoTM
Proud Decepticon

Post 666 Made on Fri Jul 04, 2003 @ 12:48 pm
Post 1337 made on Fri Aug 22, 2003 @ 9:18 am
Post 1492 Made on Fri Aug 29, 2003 @ 5:16 pm

Hail Xeno: Lord of Calculus -- Ace Pace
Jaevric
Jedi Knight

Post by Jaevric »

Wait, are you talking about him making me a Primach in modern reality? Because that's a lot different than a Primarch in WH40K. Choice for Primarch in modern reality would be Magnus the Red as a no-brainer, I wouldn't need to trade an eye to try to save my nonexistent Legion and I'd have frigging magic.

In Warhammer 30K, I'd be tempted to pick Logar and gut Erebus and Kor Phaeron right off the bat, thereby short-circuiting the entire Heresy. Though Magnus would also be an acceptable choice.
Eviscerator
Padawan Learner

Post by Eviscerator »

does this offer apply to primarchs such as Gulliman and Manus???? :D
Homer Simpson : SLobber .... (Insert random item here) :)
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

If I can keep my knowledge, I'll go with Horus and tell the Chaos Gods to gtfo. Then proceed as Warmaster to finish conquering the galaxy.

Also, find the details of Primarches II and XI and seal them in a time capsule for future generations, in case the records are still purged.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

I tell Q to kindly fuck off, because the 40K universe is a nasty place and I want no part of it.
The Reaper
Redshirt

Post by The Reaper »

Magnus the Red for either, magic=win.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the Internet.

There is only WAAAAGGHHH!
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Can I be Horus and just NOT get corrupted and fall to Chaos? Like... can I glass the planet that sweat lodge is on or whatever?
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Lord Baal
Padawan Learner
Location: Segmentun Solar, Sol system, Terra, America, South America, Venezuela, Lara, Barquisimeto, my office

Post by Lord Baal »

Hi! I'm sort of new, a long time lurker of Mike's web mostly. English is not my mother language (even then I try to put and demand proper a grammatic in every post I make/read), so if I make any grammatic error please let me know and I'll correct it!

For start I wouldn't trust a Q.... but if I had no other option... I would go for Horus.

And If I have the option I would not fall in Heresy. I would rather stay clean and keep the Imperium at full strength to fight with the nids when the time comes...
[signature]Insert cliche or funny statement here. [/signature]
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

That would seem to be the best option. Then, no massive civil war, no crippled Emperor, no half-doezn dead primarchs, and no ensuing 10,000 year dark age. And no Eye of Terror to spew demons.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Lord Relvenous
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord Relvenous »

Eternal_Freedom wrote: And no Eye of Terror to spew demons.
The Eye of Terror was not created by the Heresy. It is a result of the downfall of the Eldar and the birth of Slaneesh.

As for the choice of a Primarch: you really do need to be more clear. Are we going to be stuck somewhere in the 40k timeline, or are we staying on Earth. If the second option, I'd probably pick Sanguinius. Pass myself off as Gabriel the Angel and make a mint off religious donations use religious belief to improve the world. The functional immortality would definitely aid me in convincing people I was the real deal (not to mention the 9+ foot frame). Co-opt religious fervor into progress and cooperation and there ya go, a theocracy for good (I'm an atheist, so I definitely won't be buying into my own shit).
Coyote: Warm it in the microwave first to avoid that 'necrophelia' effect.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Yes, yes, fuck yes. (Im actually listening to the audiobook of A thousand Sons right now).

If I become a primarch in the real world, then while it doesnt matter much (any primarch except for Mortarion, The Night haunter, Lorgar would rule the planet within a few years), id like to be Magnus most. Towering intellect and talents. (Failing that Roboute Guilliman or Sanguinius, both have quite that talent for creating paradises).

If in the context of 40K pre heresy - Horus, Fulgrim or Magnus. In all cases, their falls could be very easily prevented, theyre personally very very powerful, skilled and uncursed by nightmarish prophecies, and even if the gods of chaos corrupt others (Lorgar had already gone over 40 years before the Heresy), any one of those 3 could have kept the linchpin of the Imperium from being destroyed -
Horus killed the Emperor, and commanded massive alliances.
Fulgrim killed the most of his brother primarchs, and had the chance to forge an alliance with the Eldar and to kill Horus.
Magnus is Magnus.
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

I would go with Sanguinius 30k or modern earth. Wings, angelic demeanour, noble bearing...... crap, he's the Primarch that's consistently represented as the guy I love most...

I'm biased though, cause I entered the Wh40k setting as a blood angel:D
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

Xenophobe3691 wrote:Magnus the Red. And next time, just haul my entire legion to Terra when I find out Horus has fallen
The Reaper wrote:Magnus the Red for either, magic=win.
Xenophobe3691 wrote:Still, Magnus the Red, and start a school on use of The Warp?
lolwhut? Seriously, I love the Thousand Sons, but Magnus is probably the worst choice you could possibly make. Why? Because his legion had a strange affliction, the flesh-change that made them melt and turn into Chaos Spawn. When all other solutions failed he delved deeper into the Warp than ever before, and made the first Pact with the Dark Gods to save the Thousand Sons.

So either you have an unfulfilled bargain with Tzeentch hanging over your head, or you get an impossible choice: make the deal with the full knowledge of what happens, or watch helplessly while over a thousand good men die horribly and leave you the only Primarch without a Legion, and thus less able to help out later in the Heresy. Playing against Tzeentch is a losing game, wanting to take the place of one of his patsies that he has a special interest in is just folly.

I think it'd be cool to be Vulkan, so I have a Legion that isn't made up of assholes. Fulgrim would be an acceptable other option.

A major problem is that the Primarchs are not really comparable to the rest of humanity. It is said many times that they have minds that are incomprehensible to men, so deep and subtle are their thoughts, and so quick. Or even that their minds are to men as men's minds are to animals. At the same time, they are rather one-dimensional figures, each representing a single facet of the Emperor's personality and powers. If I said I wanted to be Angron, would I inherit his rage? If I said I chose Kurze, would I have his visions?
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
Manus Celer Dei
Jedi Master

Post by Manus Celer Dei »

Ahriman238 wrote: I think it'd be cool to be Vulkan, so I have a Legion that isn't made up of assholes. Fulgrim would be an acceptable other option.
Even before they fell, the Emperorer's Children are consistantly portrayed as being tremendous assholes.
"We will build cities in a day!"
"Man would cower at the sight!"
"We will build towers to the heavens!"
"Man was not built for such a height!"
"We will be heroes!"
"We will BUILD heroes!"
[/size][/i]
Black Admiral
Jedi Council Member

Post by Black Admiral »

Well, most of them - the likes of Saul Tarvitz, Solomon Demeter and Commander Vespasian are portrayed as, overall, decent sorts. Predictably, they all die. :-P
"I do not say the French cannot come. I only say they cannot come by sea." - Admiral Lord St. Vincent, Royal Navy, during the Napoleonic Wars

"Show me a general who has made no mistakes and you speak of a general who has seldom waged war." - Marshal Turenne, 1641
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Lord_Of_Change 9 wrote: Do you agree to his offer?
Thanks, but not thanks. Unless I'd want to rule earth or be the loneliest person on earth, I don't want to be a post human demi-god on modern day earth. I like my normal life just fine tyvm.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:Can I be Horus and just NOT get corrupted and fall to Chaos? Like... can I glass the planet that sweat lodge is on or whatever?
Forget becoming Horus.

Cut out the middle man and become Lorgar.

Lorgar is the one who started it all, his fall from grace was what led to his agents toppling Horus, which in turn led to the Heresy.

So, become Lorgar, a man blessed with great charisma and natural leadership. Since this is pre-heresy, preach a code closer to secular humanism and the scientific truth espoused by the Emperor rather than the hardline fundamentalist Crazy that actually took place. Keep an eye on both Kor Phaeron and Erebus, and quietly bushwhack one or both of them if they show signs of turning to Chaos.
JADAFETWA
TC27
Youngling

Post by TC27 »

Horus - and basically not wreck everything through having a childish hissy fit.

Yes Lorgar may have started it but if I am Horus I will be frigging Warmaster and in a position to stop a powerplay by one of the other Primarchs because when the warp power realise Im not for turning they will probaly go for another Primarch.

I would then request an audience for the Emperor and explain exactly whats going on and then suggest we summon all the Primarchs together and thrash out exactly whats going on WRT Chaos and deal like adults with all our little emotional issues.

Quick question - will we inherit all the Primarchs memories and war making skills? I mean I could bluff it for a while but I think my lack of knowledge would get exposed pretty quickly!