What happened to Andromeda?

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

What happened to Andromeda?

Post by FaxModem1 »

I've been catching up on it since its initial broadcast, what happened to the show?

All I know is Robert Hewlett Wolfe was let go and he put up that one act script, but what happened behind the scenes and the quality of their scripts?
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Re: What happened to Andromeda?

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

It...died. Painfully. In an abysmal ending. With some really stupid ideas.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't watch beyond about Season 3.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Samuel
Sith Marauder

Post by Samuel »

Thanas has the gory details. The Cynics Corner also has an explanation.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

I wouldn't watch beyond Trance stopping to be purple, and that may be too far already.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
PREDATOR490
Jedi Council Member

Post by PREDATOR490 »

What Batman said.

Past that point is when the show turns around and alters direction. That said, you can feasible watch all the way to S4 and potentially be entertained but by no means is it near the quality or the same show as Season 1 - 2.5
A few of the episodes in later seasons are good but mostly it's just Dylan wank.

Season 5 - Does not exist.
Do not fucking watch this shit unless your ready to watch the show scrap a whole new depth of the barrel.

Season 4 finale can easily be written off as the 'end' to the show or the Coda script.
Setesh
Jedi Master

Post by Setesh »

Oh boy, this is a can of worms with no end. Sometime after Andromeda received the appellation 'Highest Rated syndicated action show', which they immediately put into the advertising Kevin Sorbo demanded Executive Producer, developer and head writer Robert Hewitt Wolfe be fired. Sorbo couldn't understand the storylines Wolfe wrote so assumed the audience couldn't either. After refusing the studios demand to reduce the cast, dumb down the plot, and focus more on Sorbo he was asked to leave.

Wolfe's replacements were almost immediately met with a huge challenge, Brent Stait, who portrayed magog Rev Bem, developed an allergy to the magog make-up. Fortunately a religious character who just had a major crisis of faith is easy to write out, though his later guest appearance was an abomination against literature.

They then instituted a series of bizarre changes to the characters and the direction of the show. While they still had Woolfe's outline for the overplot and a series of partial scripts and script ideas to give them at least some chance of keeping things partially sane. By the end of season 4 those were all gone so things started really going to shit.

At first Woolfe, when asked was deeply disappointed with the direction of the show after his departure. Then he did a complete 180 and said everything they were doing was what he was going to do. Going so far as to net release a really (for Woolfe) poorly written short story with Trance explaining the Abyss and her own peoples part in the metaplot.
"Nobody ever inferred from the multiple infirmities of Windows that Bill Gates was infinitely benevolent, omniscient, and able to fix everything. " Argument against god's perfection.

My Snow's art portfolio.
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

I thought most of it degenerated after season 2. However there were the occasional watchable/good episodes in the other seasons, which I um, borrowed to watch as opposed to buying the individual dvds, yet alone the whole season dvds. :D
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.