Random question: Caprica & Tollana (nBSG and Stargate)

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Random question: Caprica & Tollana (nBSG and Stargate)

Post by PeZook »

This may sound ridiculous, but I haven't been able to find any information on this structure.

Both scenes on Tollana (SG) and Caprica (nBSG) incorporate the same building. It's sort of a rectangular block going around a small park with benches and fountains, suspended on collumns so that people can walk under the building itself directly into the park area.

You can see it in most scenes involving Tollana, and in nBSG that's where Roslin saw Baltar making out with Caprica Six. At least I think it's the same building, but the similarity is uncanny.

The question has been nagging me. What is that building and where can I find more information about it?
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Luzifer's right hand
Jedi Master

Re: Random question: Caprica & Tollana (nBSG and Stargate)

Post by Luzifer's right hand »

I don't know much about nBSG but a lot of scenes set on Tollana were shot at the Simon Fraser University afaik.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Fraser_University
I asked The Lord, "Why hath thou forsaken me?" And He spoke unto me saying, "j00 R n00b 4 3VR", And I was like "stfu -_-;;"
Gramzamber
Jedi Knight

Post by Gramzamber »

So essentially that's a place that's been blown up at least twice on TV, albiet of screen. Talk about jinx.
Still to be a sci-fi nerd and attend that university, must be a kick.

I think I remember the episode of Andromeda it was used in too, that one where they deploy the ship's assault mechs to stop some royal assassination or something.
"No it's just Anacrap coming to whine and do nothing." -Mike Nelson on Anakin Skywalker
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

It's the academic quadrangle at Simon Fraser University in Burnaby. Shot in Vancouver sci-fi shows love to use it.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.