T:SCC 2x21: "Adam Raised a Cain"

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

The designation of this episode is T-

84%
11%
No votes
No votes
4%

Total votes: 45

Thanas
Magister
Magister

T:SCC 2x21: "Adam Raised a Cain"

Post by Thanas »

....will air today.
When John attempts to rescue Skynet's latest target he finds himself closing in on Weaver, but at what cost? Game plans change, causing Sarah and Ellison to reunite. Meanwhile, Weaver learns Ellison's secrets.
The penultimate episode of the season and maybe even the penultimate episode of the series. Maybe with a shocker? :wink:
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Re: T:SCC 2x21: "Adam Raised a Cain"

Post by Burak Gazan »

Holy shit :shock:

So much for character shields there , yikes

And John Henry getting to see a lot more than his guardians want I suspect .......
"Of course, what would really happen is that in Game 7, with the Red Sox winning 20-0 in the 9th inning, with two outs and two strikes on the last Cubs batter, a previously unseen meteor would strike the earth, instantly and forever wiping out all life on the planet, and forever denying the Red Sox a World Series victory..."
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

Damn, that was one of the best episodes ever. And I thought it was the finale, then I saw the previews. Shockers indeed, in more ways than one.

Five all the way.
Last edited by Darth Lucifer on 2009-04-03 09:05pm, edited 1 time in total.
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Okay, didnt see about 90% of that coming :?

And Ellison, you fuck, are a dead man walking :evil:
"Of course, what would really happen is that in Game 7, with the Red Sox winning 20-0 in the 9th inning, with two outs and two strikes on the last Cubs batter, a previously unseen meteor would strike the earth, instantly and forever wiping out all life on the planet, and forever denying the Red Sox a World Series victory..."
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Burak Gazan wrote:And Ellison, you fuck, are a dead man walking :evil:
And what exactly did Ellison do to deserve such scorn? Did you completely miss the bit where the Detective suspects Ellison is more deeply involved? He freaking followed Ellison and thats how Sarah was picked up.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Not at all, but for an ex-FBI genius, trained in all manner of surveilance, PLUS knowing the LAPD cop thinks he smells, to not notice any tail or even suspect one means he either a fucking imbecile, or he noticed and didnt care. He didn't even bother to mention to Sarah the LA police were possibly looking into connections between the parties, and had already ID'd Derek. Jesus, he didn't even react when Sarah told him there was another Terminator out there, apparently after either the little girl or Weaver.

If John hadn't had to run and evade, I don't doubt for a moment he would have ordered Cameron to rip his fucking head off, or done him in himself.

And not to mention the teeny thing of lying about Cromarty/John Henry.

Hope it's not the end of the series, although they certainly seem to be setting themselves up for that if need be :?
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Just had a thought:

Was the Terminator at Weaver's house the same one that stopped the Ellison-Terminator from killing him?
Paradox
Youngling

Post by Paradox »

Chromartie saved Ellison from his doppleganger.
Peptuck
Is Not A Moderator

Post by Peptuck »

Holy shit.

Holy shit.

Holy shit.

Anyone think the detective might be working with the Skynet water-delivery Terminator?

And we've got virtual confirmation that Weaver is working to prevent Judgment Day via John Henry.

Also, confirmation of what we've suspected: a hard enough knock will incapacitate a Terminator for a brief period.

Also, HOLY SHIT.

And oh, look, the cowards have voted already.
X-COM: Defending Earth by blasting the shit out of it.

Writers are people, and people are stupid. So, a large chunk of them have the IQ of beach pebbles. ~fgalkin

You're complaining that the story isn't the kind you like. That's like me bitching about the lack of ninjas in Robin Hood. ~CaptainChewbacca
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Wow. That terminator may be bollocks at noticing things, but it doesn't fuck about when it comes to shooting people.
Peptuck
Is Not A Moderator

Post by Peptuck »

As an aside, did I detect...anger in Cameron when she understands Ellison lied to her again? Or at least, as far as Cameron gets angry?

We've already seen that she doesn't have a good reaction to someone lying to her in "Allison from Palmdale," and she's pretty predisposed toward killing Ellison already. Once she realizes what he's done, she immediately decides to go off and put him down, which I found both amusing and kind of scary.
X-COM: Defending Earth by blasting the shit out of it.

Writers are people, and people are stupid. So, a large chunk of them have the IQ of beach pebbles. ~fgalkin

You're complaining that the story isn't the kind you like. That's like me bitching about the lack of ninjas in Robin Hood. ~CaptainChewbacca
Netko
Jedi Council Member

Post by Netko »

Yeah. That bit cracked me up - the delivery was just perfect.

(determined) "I'm going to kill him"
"You're not going to kill him"
"He can't be trusted"
"No one can be trusted"
(pleading) "But I only want to kill him" :angelic:

:twisted:

Brilliant episode - if the next one maintains its quality I truly hope they get renewed. Its a shame the middle of season 2 was so weak compared to this and some other brilliant episodes.
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Paradox wrote:Chromartie saved Ellison from his doppleganger.

Shoot, thats right , thanks.
charlemagne
Jedi Knight

Post by charlemagne »

I second

HOLY SHIT

We can add Derek to the "TV deaths done right" thread. Man that was unexpected. No buildup to it, just getting in the way of a Terminator and having bad luck this time.

Ellison was stupid for not thinking about being followed, or he was lying to John when he said that he had no idea the police would be there. Either way, I can understand him caring more for Savannah than anything else, but on the other hand, he knew Sarah and he knew that Sarah wouldn't harm the girl. Also, he still doesn't seem to get how dangerous a Terminator really is. Did he really think that John Henry would be enough to protect the girl - or is he suspecting something about Weaver?

Man, I so do hope T:SCC gets a third season. No matter what they'll do next episode, I want more of this.
Minischoles
Jedi Knight

Post by Minischoles »

Netko wrote:Brilliant episode - if the next one maintains its quality I truly hope they get renewed. Its a shame the middle of season 2 was so weak compared to this and some other brilliant episodes.
Agreed, they've actually really pulled it out in the last few episodes, especially in this one. Loved the look on Johns face as he slowly realised the daughter was talking about Skynet.

And its confirmed cancelled btw, the sets have been torn down, Brian Austin Green is signed up for another show, Summer Glau was seen filming with Joss Whedon on a new project, Shirley Manson is back in Scotland having a medical proecedure, and Lena Heady is directing and filming right smack dab in the middle of what would be production for T:SCC
“The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that the English language is as pure as a crib-house whore. It not only borrows words from other languages; it has on occasion chased other languages down dark alley-ways, clubbed them unconscious and rifled their pockets for new vocabulary. “
- James Nicoll
charlemagne
Jedi Knight

Post by charlemagne »

Minischoles wrote: And its confirmed cancelled btw, the sets have been torn down, Brian Austin Green is signed up for another show, Summer Glau was seen filming with Joss Whedon on a new project, Shirley Manson is back in Scotland having a medical proecedure, and Lena Heady is directing and filming right smack dab in the middle of what would be production for T:SCC
Goddamn fucking hell fuckeddy fuck.
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

O_O

So like usual I read this thread before watching the show(since I usually have to wait for Hulu) and try to avoid any spoilers. As soon as I saw "so much for character shields" I closed the window and waited til this morning. HOLY SHIT, I still did not see that coming!

If Josh Friedman follows internet chatter(which his blog would make me suspect so) then I kinda get the feeling this is payback for all the comments earlier in the season of them going up against all these terminators with out a scratch.

And at the end, with Derek being being buried with his brother... *tries to man up*
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

And Sarah Connor's in police custody - though given her charge at them, and her reputation she's lucky she's not dead. Best place for all of them, it seems, if Weaver is indeed a rebel.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Crazy_Vasey
Jedi Council Member

Post by Crazy_Vasey »

Best episode of the season. And the idea that the show is canceled makes me sad.
And Sarah Connor's in police custody - though given her charge at them, and her reputation she's lucky she's not dead.
That might have been what she was aiming for. A Sarah Connor in custody is a Sarah Connor that any passing terminator can come and grab and use to get at John.
Last edited by Crazy_Vasey on 2009-04-04 10:21am, edited 1 time in total.
Anguirus
Sith Marauder

Post by Anguirus »

So like usual I read this thread before watching the show(since I usually have to wait for Hulu) and try to avoid any spoilers. As soon as I saw "so much for character shields" I closed the window and waited til this morning. HOLY SHIT, I still did not see that coming!
Same here.

I guess this will forever be one of those great shows without a proper ending. :(
"I spit on metaphysics, sir."

"I pity the woman you marry." -Liberty

This is the guy they want to use to win over "young people?" Are they completely daft? I'd rather vote for a pile of shit than a Jesus freak social regressive.
Here's hoping that his political career goes down in flames and, hopefully, a hilarious gay sex scandal.
-Tanasinn
You can't expect sodomy to ruin every conservative politician in this country. -Battlehymn Republic
My blog, please check out and comment! http://decepticylon.blogspot.com
Singular Intellect
Jedi Council Member

Post by Singular Intellect »

Great episode!
Spoiler
Derek's death was incredibly fast, even though I was expecting it. And quite frankly, it's the first time I saw a Terminator actually act like a killing machine. It's reflexes and perception of time would make such kills routine, not unique like this situation.

John Henry asking Weaver which brother he was from the bible was very interesting, and Weaver's response that perhaps instead he is the god character was...unnerving, but in a good way.

At the end with John and Cameron staring at the TV displays with the news on Sarah being arrested...I found that scene rather moving. John's really alone now, except with his (admittedly hot) female cyborg companion.
I hope the last episode can at least finish wrapping up most of the lose ends and give the series a fitting send off. :?

I'm really going to miss the Cameron Terminator. :(
"Now let us be clear, my friends. The fruits of our science that you receive and the many millions of benefits that justify them, are a gift. Be grateful. Or be silent." -Modified Quote
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Derek! No!

I really liked him.

Great episode.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Crazy_Vasey wrote:A Sarah Connor in custody is a Sarah Connor that any passing terminator can come and grab and use to get at John.
That and, as we saw in T2, it becomes a temptation for John to risk his life to get her out.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

That was simply amazing.

Man.

Oh man.

I don't know what there is to say. Everyone and everything was excellently portrayed - from John Henry and Savannah, Ellison and Weaver, to John and Sarah and Cameron... that was incredible.

I can't think of anything to say, man. Holy shit.

Next week cannot come soon enough!

Goddamn it, I'll miss Robot River. :(
Also, confirmation of what we've suspected: a hard enough knock will incapacitate a Terminator for a brief period.
We've seen this in all the previous Terminator films.

EDIT:

GODDAMN IT! PLEASE DON'T CAN THE SHOW! PLEASE! YOU FOX FUCKERRRRS! AAAUUURRRRGGGHHHHH!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Those cretinous network executives and their outdated Nielsen ratings have both gone and (most likely) done it again!
'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

'I think it's gone a little bit wrong.' - The Doctor